Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 27,888, Level: 51
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,733
    Points
    27,888
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 132

    Update on Away Game Tickets

    In case anyone is curious, I gave the ISU ticket office a call today just to confirm that we didn't go over our allotment for the TCU game and that I would for sure get my tickets (10 of them). I figured I would, but just wanted to check for sure. Anyways, the lady said that we didn't have requests for over our allotment for any game except the Iowa game, so everyone should be good to go who ordered any non-Iowa away game tickets. Who knows on the Iowa game though as she didn't give any details past that. I imagine this is the same thing year in and year out that we probably only go over our allotment for the Iowa game and maybe historically the Nebraska game. Does anyone know the true history on this at all by chance though? I'm just curious. I do know that I've been to quite a few away games (UConn, UNLV, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma) and I don't remember ever seeing a packed visitor section for any of those games, except Nebraska.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 149,290, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    7,937
    Points
    149,290
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 712
    Given: 212

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Can someone help me with the best way to handle away tickets? I'm a student and I'd like to go to the KU game and ideally sit in the ISU section. Can I / Should I order those through ISU, through KU, or buy from a 3rd party? I checked the KU site and single-game tickets go on sale August 1st, so I could just wait until then, but will they be selling seats in the ISU section? Does ISU only sell away tickets to season ticket holders with donations and just non-students?



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 118,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,405
    Points
    118,320
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 335

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    In case anyone is curious, I gave the ISU ticket office a call today just to confirm that we didn't go over our allotment for the TCU game and that I would for sure get my tickets (10 of them). I figured I would, but just wanted to check for sure. Anyways, the lady said that we didn't have requests for over our allotment for any game except the Iowa game, so everyone should be good to go who ordered any non-Iowa away game tickets. Who knows on the Iowa game though as she didn't give any details past that. I imagine this is the same thing year in and year out that we probably only go over our allotment for the Iowa game and maybe historically the Nebraska game. Does anyone know the true history on this at all by chance though? I'm just curious. I do know that I've been to quite a few away games (UConn, UNLV, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma) and I don't remember ever seeing a packed visitor section for any of those games, except Nebraska.

    Did she say when they would be notifying us or sending the tickets?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 31,353, Level: 54
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Points
    31,353
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    I would hope I get the TCU tickets I ordered; they charged my credit card.

    Thanks for the update.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 27,888, Level: 51
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,733
    Points
    27,888
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 132

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Did she say when they would be notifying us or sending the tickets?
    She did not say when they would notify ticket holders as I forgot to ask beings how the confirmation she gave me on the TCU tickets was good enough for me at the time. Sorry. However, I did ask when I should expect to receive the tickets and she said they usually don't get sent out until a couple weeks before the actual game all the games.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 27,888, Level: 51
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,733
    Points
    27,888
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 132

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
    I would hope I get the TCU tickets I ordered; they charged my credit card.

    Thanks for the update.
    I think I remember it saying on the order form that they charge everyones credit card immediately for all the tickets no matter what and would refund you later if you weren't alloted tickets. However, it seems like it also said something about how they handled the Iowa game was different beings how they probably anticipate that one going over the allotment. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the original letter so I'm not sure on that.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 118,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,405
    Points
    118,320
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 335

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
    I would hope I get the TCU tickets I ordered; they charged my credit card.

    Thanks for the update.


    I don't see any charge on my credit card for Iowa tickets. Any other endzone ticketholders seeing a charge for Iowa tickets?



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 31,353, Level: 54
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Points
    31,353
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    I think I remember it saying on the order form that they charge everyones credit card immediately for all the tickets no matter what and would refund you later if you weren't alloted tickets. However, it seems like it also said something about how they handled the Iowa game was different beings how they probably anticipate that one going over the allotment. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the original letter so I'm not sure on that.
    The order form did say they charge right away, but the way I see it, they charge my card, they are guaranteeing me tickets. This is all a moot point if we didn't go over the allotment.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 6,586, Level: 24
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    OSUGOPOKES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Points
    6,586
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    FYI, be prepared to pay "top dollar" for the game in Stillwater. Oklahoma State is pretty notorious for having a higher ticket price anyway, but also it's Homecoming so it will most likely be a full house with not that many people looking to sell. If you can't find them cheap online, there are always a massive amount of scalpers. Just be sure to take them to the gate with you to have them scan the ticket before paying for it.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 27,888, Level: 51
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,733
    Points
    27,888
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 132

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by OSUGOPOKES View Post
    FYI, be prepared to pay "top dollar" for the game in Stillwater. Oklahoma State is pretty notorious for having a higher ticket price anyway, but also it's Homecoming so it will most likely be a full house with not that many people looking to sell. If you can't find them cheap online, there are always a massive amount of scalpers. Just be sure to take them to the gate with you to have them scan the ticket before paying for it.
    Not gonna lie, but my 10 buddies and me were looking at going to the TCU or OSU game this year, and the $90 OSU ticket vs the $50 TCU ticket did play somewhat into where we decided to go. It wasn't the only thing though as I understand that TCU is a further drive and costs more gas money too. $90 is the highest away game ticket price I've seen everywhere.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 20,222, Level: 43
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,586
    Points
    20,222
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 17

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Can someone help me with the best way to handle away tickets? I'm a student and I'd like to go to the KU game and ideally sit in the ISU section. Can I / Should I order those through ISU, through KU, or buy from a 3rd party? I checked the KU site and single-game tickets go on sale August 1st, so I could just wait until then, but will they be selling seats in the ISU section? Does ISU only sell away tickets to season ticket holders with donations and just non-students?
    Wait till KU puts the game on Groupon and get a ticket for $5. They did this twice last year because they don't know what football is there.


    Kyle S. Flander

  12. #12
    Prospect
    Points: 6,586, Level: 24
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    OSUGOPOKES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Points
    6,586
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    Not gonna lie, but my 10 buddies and me were looking at going to the TCU or OSU game this year, and the $90 OSU ticket vs the $50 TCU ticket did play somewhat into where we decided to go. It wasn't the only thing though as I understand that TCU is a further drive and costs more gas money too. $90 is the highest away game ticket price I've seen everywhere.
    yeah, we get to hear about it all the time. We do have high ticket prices, but we have to pay those higher prices as well.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,264, Level: 32
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Points
    11,264
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    In case anyone is curious, I gave the ISU ticket office a call today just to confirm that we didn't go over our allotment for the TCU game and that I would for sure get my tickets (10 of them). I figured I would, but just wanted to check for sure. Anyways, the lady said that we didn't have requests for over our allotment for any game except the Iowa game, so everyone should be good to go who ordered any non-Iowa away game tickets. Who knows on the Iowa game though as she didn't give any details past that. I imagine this is the same thing year in and year out that we probably only go over our allotment for the Iowa game and maybe historically the Nebraska game. Does anyone know the true history on this at all by chance though? I'm just curious. I do know that I've been to quite a few away games (UConn, UNLV, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma) and I don't remember ever seeing a packed visitor section for any of those games, except Nebraska.
    UNLV was packed last time we went there.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 59,397, Level: 75
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    2,900
    Points
    59,397
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Can someone help me with the best way to handle away tickets? I'm a student and I'd like to go to the KU game and ideally sit in the ISU section. Can I / Should I order those through ISU, through KU, or buy from a 3rd party? I checked the KU site and single-game tickets go on sale August 1st, so I could just wait until then, but will they be selling seats in the ISU section? Does ISU only sell away tickets to season ticket holders with donations and just non-students?
    Once the ISU ticket office is done taking orders for away games, they sell the remainder of the allotment back to the home school. Ordering now through ISU is a guaranteed spot in the ISU section (and a closer spot than if you order later) and is good for the university.

    However, if you wait, after August 1st you can certainly call the KU ticket office (or go through a 3rd party vendor and get them below face value) and get tickets in the ISU section. Find a seating chart online or call their ticket office and ask which sections are for visitors, and ask for seats in one of those sections. For Kansas, I'm pretty sure the visitor sections are sections 24-26 (that was a couple of years ago before they finished renovating, though)



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 12,156, Level: 33
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    DarkStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    615
    Points
    12,156
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 100

    Re: Update on Away Game Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by royhobbs09 View Post
    UNLV was packed last time we went there.
    There were more ISU fans at that game then UNLV fans. Was a fun trip except for the score...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM