Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 90

White vs. Lebron

An interesting thread comparing White to other NBA players.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/royce-...bron-light-***

Royce White (big in the ***) vs lebron (light in the ***)

Let me preface this by saying I only watched Royce in the tourney, however everyi game I saw he was the best player on the floor. I was just thinking of who I would compare his game to and immediately I thought of a similar but slightly different lbj for the following reasons:
    - command of the game; at 6;8 with the handles and court vision he has he can easily take over the game with the ball in his hands, however becomes a much lesser threat with the ball out of his hands (playing off the ball)
    - Size/strength/soft hands; both are hulking @ around 6'8 260 however I belieive Royce has more brute strength (big in the ***) vs lbj's more explosive (light in the ***). Each with their strentgth but possibly more important soft hands make them each solid on the glass and in the post
    - Jump shot; Each have a questionable J (Lebron's has and still keeps improving with time but as a rookie and even sometimes still his jumper is unreliable) Royce's is somewhat similar to LBJ's rookie year, as in may take some boneheaded shots and make them, but will miss simple easy open shot
    - Both make &$#%#&@! teams better - can anyone name players off Royce's Iowa' st tourney team or the first cavs team lead to the playoffs, nuff said
    I understand lbj can jump higher and run much faster (easy transition pts) but I think their overall floor game are more similar then not, I would love to hear everyones perspective
    ohh and neither have rings (ha sorry just disgruntled cavs fan pokin fun)

I understand the diaw but comparisons but,,,,

I understand the boris diaw comparisons but there are a few things to keep in mind
    - Royce is much stronger then diaw was and probably still is +30lbs, and although I have no memory of Boris's rookie year I'm sure hes more athletic then Diaw comming out
    - Mental Makeup; Not sure if its a US vs Euro thing but Royce has that beast mode mentallity, Diaw gave up on the bobcats vs Royce who has been on a mission since the minn debacle (Perry Jones/drummond have more natural talent then anyone in the draft, but I bet they wouldnt be able to do the same to Istate as royce)

Last edited by Psiclone; 06-18-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    "Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Recruit
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: White vs. Lebron

page not found

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Page...not...found...

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloned4Life View Post
    Page...not...found...
    replace the (***) with a s s in the url

Walk On
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

What's next? "Ditka vs. Mini-White"?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 119

Quote Originally Posted by Psiclone View Post
    An interesting thread comparing White to other NBA players.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/royce-...bron-light-***

Royce White (big in the ***) vs lebron (light in the ***)

Let me preface this by saying I only watched Royce in the tourney, however everyi game I saw he was the best player on the floor. I was just thinking of who I would compare his game to and immediately I thought of a similar but slightly different lbj for the following reasons:
    - command of the game; at 6;8 with the handles and court vision he has he can easily take over the game with the ball in his hands, however becomes a much lesser threat with the ball out of his hands (playing off the ball)
    - Size/strength/soft hands; both are hulking @ around 6'8 260 however I belieive Royce has more brute strength (big in the ***) vs lbj's more explosive (light in the ***). Each with their strentgth but possibly more important soft hands make them each solid on the glass and in the post
    - Jump shot; Each have a questionable J (Lebron's has and still keeps improving with time but as a rookie and even sometimes still his jumper is unreliable) Royce's is somewhat similar to LBJ's rookie year, as in may take some boneheaded shots and make them, but will miss simple easy open shot
    - Both make &$#%#&@! teams better - can anyone name players off Royce's Iowa' st tourney team or the first cavs team lead to the playoffs, nuff said
    I understand lbj can jump higher and run much faster (easy transition pts) but I think their overall floor game are more similar then not, I would love to hear everyones perspective
    ohh and neither have rings (ha sorry just disgruntled cavs fan pokin fun)

I understand the diaw but comparisons but,,,,

I understand the boris diaw comparisons but there are a few things to keep in mind
    - Royce is much stronger then diaw was and probably still is +30lbs, and although I have no memory of Boris's rookie year I'm sure hes more athletic then Diaw comming out
    - Mental Makeup; Not sure if its a US vs Euro thing but Royce has that beast mode mentallity, Diaw gave up on the bobcats vs Royce who has been on a mission since the minn debacle (Perry Jones/drummond have more natural talent then anyone in the draft, but I bet they wouldnt be able to do the same to Istate as royce)
    Wrong site to use that example.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.