Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,264, Level: 32
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Points
    11,264
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Pretty slim pickings at this point, but with so many scholarships available already in the '13 class, I think we'd have to take a hard look before we decide to bank. Here are some long shot possibilities still out there on the transfer market:

    * Allan Chaney (Va Tech) -- top 100 recruit, but hasn't played because of heart issue, CFH could relate) Allan Chaney Cleared By Doctor To Play Basketball Again - Gobbler Country
    * Jorge Brian-Diaz (NU) -- 6'11" Center, averaged 10/4 as a Soph, not sure he fits our style and only 1 year left to play)
    * Brett Kingma (Oregon) -- Top 150 guard that doesn't seem to have played much in 2011-2012)
    * Glenn Rice, Jr. (Ga Tech) -- kicked off team at Georgia Tech for legal troubles (not sure how serious, but a firearm was apparently discharged). Not sure we want him.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 285,532, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,093
    Points
    285,532
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 305

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Pelle would be my best guess. And that is slim. Maybe we get a JUCO.


    CyCash's Post of the Week

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 421,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,651
    Points
    421,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    I am sure we will still get a visit from Pelle. But my guess is we bank it as there wouldn't be much point of offering a player that will just transfer because of playing time the next year or two.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,264, Level: 32
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Points
    11,264
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    Pelle would be my best guess. And that is slim. Maybe we get a JUCO.
    True on Pelle. Signing him is a pretty much no lose at this point. If he fails to qualify, we are probably in no worse of a situation than we are now. Low or Cam Fowler might get a scholly for semester or a year.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 211,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,832
    Points
    211,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 767
    Given: 43

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by royhobbs09 View Post
    True on Pelle. Signing him is a pretty much no lose at this point. If he fails to qualify, we are probably in no worse of a situation than we are now. Low or Cam Fowler might get a scholly for semester or a year.
    I don't think Law or fowler get one.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 285,532, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,093
    Points
    285,532
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 305

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    look at this fail...some people are truly idiots.
    NCAA OKs text recruiting - THonline.com: Other Sports: sports, recruiting, bob huggins, greg mcdermott, missouri

    EDIT: look under the picture.


    CyCash's Post of the Week

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 71,889, Level: 83
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,261
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SNEDDS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    71,889
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 9

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    look at this fail...some people are truly idiots.
    NCAA OKs text recruiting - THonline.com: Other Sports: sports, recruiting, bob huggins, greg mcdermott, missouri

    EDIT: look under the picture.
    I'm going to guess the guy doesn't really follow bball.


    *Rest in peace corn dog chick

    "what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"


    CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013


  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 343,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    10,878
    Points
    343,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 611
    Given: 323

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    I can confirm that Coach Hoiberg has not contacted me regarding the final scholarship.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 26,457, Level: 49
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,098
    Points
    26,457
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 71

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by royhobbs09 View Post
    Pretty slim pickings at this point, but with so many scholarships available already in the '13 class, I think we'd have to take a hard look before we decide to bank. Here are some long shot possibilities still out there on the transfer market:

    * Allan Chaney (Va Tech) -- top 100 recruit, but hasn't played because of heart issue, CFH could relate) Allan Chaney Cleared By Doctor To Play Basketball Again - Gobbler Country
    * Jorge Brian-Diaz (NU) -- 6'11" Center, averaged 10/4 as a Soph, not sure he fits our style and only 1 year left to play)
    * Brett Kingma (Oregon) -- Top 150 guard that doesn't seem to have played much in 2011-2012)
    * Glenn Rice, Jr. (Ga Tech) -- kicked off team at Georgia Tech for legal troubles (not sure how serious, but a firearm was apparently discharged). Not sure we want him.
    Not that we are "in" on anybody here but this is what is left of the transfer possibilities... at this point it may be Pelle or bust but there are a couple of names on here that could be interesting. Possibly Kennedy of Villanova? (though there are rumors he may recommit to nova).

    College Transfer Wire: Who’s Coming & Who’s Going | ZagsBlog.com



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 101,395, Level: 99
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,054
    Points
    101,395
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Bank it. Nothing left but scrubs and **** ups.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 277,294, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,486
    Points
    277,294
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 14

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Considering we have 5 open scholarships right now, it wouldn't really make much sense to bank it for another one. Classes of 7 hardly ever pan out. Just look at St. John's class of 9 from last year, I bet at least 4 have already transferred, though I don't know that for a fact.

    I'd much rather take on a project and hope he develops into something two years or so down the line.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 93,887, Level: 95
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,163
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,654
    Points
    93,887
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 38

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Considering we have 5 open scholarships right now, it wouldn't really make much sense to bank it for another one. Classes of 7 hardly ever pan out. Just look at St. John's class of 9 from last year, I bet at least 4 have already transferred, though I don't know that for a fact.

    I'd much rather take on a project and hope he develops into something two years or so down the line.
    If we find someone with a high ceiling, but is maybe rough around the edges, I agree you can afford to take a shot.

    If not however, you might as well bank it with the intention of using it on a transfer or Juco next class.

    Overall, it's disappointing that we missed on all of our transfers this year because it would have been the perfect year to space out our classes a little. Also there appeared to be some very good transfers available.

    Unfortunately, some big name schools are starting to really get into the transfer recruiting such as Mizzou, Florida, Louisville and even Duke.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 27,410, Level: 50
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points
    ManofCyience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    594
    Points
    27,410
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    I can confirm that Coach Hoiberg has not contacted me regarding the final scholarship.
    Damn. Well I guess Pelle is our next best option to go after.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 856,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,041
    Points
    856,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 1,116

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    If we find someone with a high ceiling, but is maybe rough around the edges, I agree you can afford to take a shot.

    If not however, you might as well bank it with the intention of using it on a transfer or Juco next class.

    Overall, it's disappointing that we missed on all of our transfers this year because it would have been the perfect year to space out our classes a little. Also there appeared to be some very good transfers available.

    Unfortunately, some big name schools are starting to really get into the transfer recruiting such as Mizzou, Florida, Louisville and even Duke.
    This is what I think. If you can find a good fit right now, that's awesome. If not, there's so much variety every year that we can still find somebody with 1, 2 or 3 years. It's not automatically a traditional freshman that puts us at 6 (assuming no other transfers or JC players).


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 161,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,478
    Points
    161,948
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 356

    Re: Any Leads on Last Scholly?

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    If we find someone with a high ceiling, but is maybe rough around the edges, I agree you can afford to take a shot.

    If not however, you might as well bank it with the intention of using it on a transfer or Juco next class.

    Overall, it's disappointing that we missed on all of our transfers this year because it would have been the perfect year to space out our classes a little. Also there appeared to be some very good transfers available.

    Unfortunately, some big name schools are starting to really get into the transfer recruiting such as Mizzou, Florida, Louisville and even Duke.
    Smart teams. More and more transfers every year, so might as well play the game. Just remember, we were the pioneers!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM