Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 54,380, Level: 72
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,233
    Points
    54,380
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    I think we would be setting an example that everyone in the United States already knows.....this ruling, has ruined this young mans life....well, he gets a scholarship offer to play ball at ISU this would be one minor step in rebuilding this young mans life.

    Great article about his situation....

    ESPN.com - E-Ticket: Outrageous Injustice

    His athletic ability - his last two years of high school he was a DB assigned to cover their rivals best player - he had 4 catches in two games no touchdowns. Oh by the way, that receiver was Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech who was pretty good...

    I know what's going on over at EIU, but, this is nothing similar...this kid is not a thug, he had consensual oral sex with a classmate, she just happened to be a freshman and he a senior as happens everyday at some school in america. But, this kid gets sent to jail....I remember back to my high school, if this were the law in Iowa half my high school graduating class would have been gone.

    Send a message that this is a tragedy that should never have happened....the schools that were recruiting him before the incident were at the top of the athletic and academic lists - were talking a quality kid - give him a shot.


    Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 10-29-2007 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    357
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    I think we would be setting an example that everyone in the United States already knows.....this ruling, has ruined this young mans life....well, he gets a scholarship offer to play ball at ISU this would be one minor step in rebuilding this young mans life.

    Great article about his situation....

    ESPN.com - E-Ticket: Outrageous Injustice

    His athletic ability - his last two years of high school he was a DB assigned to cover their rivals best player - he had 4 catches in two games no touchdowns. Oh by the way, that receiver was Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech who was pretty good...

    I know what's going on over at EIU, but, this is nothing similar...this kid is not a thug, he had consensual oral sex with a classmate, she just happened to be a freshman and he a senior as happens everyday at some school in america. But, this kid gets sent to jail....I remember back to my high school, if this were the law in Iowa half my high school graduating class would have been gone, including me.....

    Send a message that this is a tragedy that should never have happened....the schools that were recruiting him before the incident were at the top of the athletic and academic lists - were talking a quality kid - give him a shot.

    Are you kidding me with this post?

    Let him have his chance on someone else's dime. We are rebuilding and we are not trying to send a message to anyone. I would not touch this with a "10-foot poll"....we do not have the schollies to waste on a PR move. He is out and should not have been in jail...


    Last edited by RedStorm; 10-29-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,870, Level: 65
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,428
    Points
    44,870
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    i actually some what agree... i think we should look into this guy.. he is a good player and not a bad guy..


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 22,781, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CY ST8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,553
    Points
    22,781
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Freshman weren't like that at my school. Sucks for me though, huh?


    ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!


    Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 84,693, Level: 90
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 857
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,138
    Points
    84,693
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 2

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    I would guesstimate that 10-15% of people, if not more, have been involved in something similar during their high school career.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 399,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,861
    Points
    399,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 355

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    At least take a look or investigate.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Freshman weren't like that at my school. Sucks for me though, huh?
    Think you could rephrase that?



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 54,380, Level: 72
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,233
    Points
    54,380
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
    we do not have the schollies to waste on a PR move.
    ITS not a PR move, although indirectly just like so many on here discussing Jack Elway when we already would have 4 qb under schollies....

    This kids was a stud DB (5star quality) and judging by the academic schools that were recruiting him, he's smart...this kids been humbled and given the opportunity i would bet he would give the type of intensity and effort you would want out of everyone of our student athletes....

    So you know, the reason i posted this, was because a friend of mine who's a huge Vols fan sent me the link where they're discussing it on their board....but i agree....

    If he can shut down Calvin Johnson and were short on DB's, his body is matured by a couple of years, i think its worth the schollie....



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 54,380, Level: 72
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,233
    Points
    54,380
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    Think you could rephrase that?
    Totally agree, i thought it were a little ironic his attorney's name was B.J......



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Totally agree, i thought it were a little ironic his attorney's name was B.J......
    Too funny.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 387,191, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,818
    Points
    387,191
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 574
    Given: 405

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Freshman weren't like that at my school. Sucks for me though, huh?
    No thats the problem. =)


    I never knew those freshman either. =(



  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,883, Level: 29
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    243
    Points
    9,883
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    ITS not a PR move, although indirectly just like so many on here discussing Jack Elway when we already would have 4 qb under schollies....

    This kids was a stud DB (5star quality) and judging by the academic schools that were recruiting him, he's smart...this kids been humbled and given the opportunity i would bet he would give the type of intensity and effort you would want out of everyone of our student athletes....

    So you know, the reason i posted this, was because a friend of mine who's a huge Vols fan sent me the link where they're discussing it on their board....but i agree....

    If he can shut down Calvin Johnson and were short on DB's, his body is matured by a couple of years, i think its worth the schollie....
    It would be a complete PR move...come on seriously...this guy has been in jail forever...thanks but no thanks...sad story, but definately a wasted schollie unless it is a D-2 school.



  13. #13
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 60,299, Level: 76
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,351
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    3,313
    Points
    60,299
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 578

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Umm...maybe it's just me, but a senior guy and a freshman girl seems a little iffy, regardless. I try to stay within my own age-range. Regardless, the kid did get a pretty raw deal.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by bkurt58 View Post
    Umm...maybe it's just me, but a senior guy and a freshman girl seems a little iffy, regardless. I try to stay within my own age-range. Regardless, the kid did get a pretty raw deal.
    its just you



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 14,268, Level: 36
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684
    Points
    14,268
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Genarlow Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by hall4cy View Post
    It would be a complete PR move...come on seriously...this guy has been in jail forever...thanks but no thanks...sad story, but definately a wasted schollie unless it is a D-2 school.
    Yeah, because no one ever goes to jail and comes out with the athleticism they once had. Not Muhammed Ali, Jamal Lewis, Jason Berryman or any of a host of others. If he can play, he's worth a look. I think most of us agree that what he did wasn't really a crime, and certainly that the punishment didn't fit with what he did.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM