Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 28

U.S. Open

I am thrilled to see what happens this weekend. Last year watching Rory smash the field was great, and if Tiger plays as well as he did at Memorial it should be quite entertaining.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

Re: U.S. Open

I am hoping that this years Open is better then last years. Watching Rory lap the field was boring as hell. Teeing off in the final round with an 8 shot lead builds up no suspense. I would love to see 7 or 8 guys with a shot to win this thing heading to the back 9 on Sunday. If Tiger misses the cut that would be a huge bonus. I wouldn't mind seeing Mickeltits miss the cut as well.

Go Bubba!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I am hoping that this years Open is better then last years. Watching Rory lap the field was boring as hell. Teeing off in the final round with an 8 shot lead builds up no suspense. I would love to see 7 or 8 guys with a shot to win this thing heading to the back 9 on Sunday. If Tiger misses the cut that would be a huge bonus. I wouldn't mind seeing Mickeltits miss the cut as well.

Go Bubba!
    Tiger and Phil make golf what golf is. No one else touches them for driving ratings and getting people to watch. Golf is at it's best when Tiger/Phil is/are in the final pairings Sunday. No one else on tour touches their popularity. No average person cares to see Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, and Rory McIlroy as the only people competing for the major and those are the top 3 players in the world (I think?).

Addict
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 675

watching The Golf Ch this morning, it sounds like the USGA did all it could to make sure last year doesn't happen this year. nothing they can do if someone plays out of their *** again though. I did enjoy the highlights of Phil three-putting from 6-ft and another of him being stupid and blowing up 18 when he needed par to win or at worst a bogey for a playoff.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Tiger and Phil make golf what golf is. No one else touches them for driving ratings and getting people to watch. Golf is at it's best when Tiger/Phil is/are in the final pairings Sunday. No one else on tour touches their popularity. No average person cares to see Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, and Rory McIlroy as the only people competing for the major and those are the top 3 players in the world (I think?).

This. by far

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Bubba Watson gets quite a bit of attention. There are plenty of excellent young players like Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, and Rory McIlroy that people want to see. Nothing quite like flipping on the tv to watch golf and the only guy they show is Tiger although he is 10 shots off the lead and has no chance to contend for the win. Now that is brutal.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Bubba Watson gets quite a bit of attention. There are plenty of excellent young players like Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, and Rory McIlroy that people want to see. Nothing quite like flipping on the tv to watch golf and the only guy they show is Tiger although he is 10 shots off the lead and has no chance to contend for the win. Now that is brutal.
    Golf doesn't need the four people who care about Bubba, Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, etc. Golf suffers when Tiger especially isn't in the hunt. There is no story line that interests the fringe fan when no-names (see: anyone basically not named Tiger or Phil on the tour) are all at the top of the leaderboard. Now throw Tiger at the top of the leaderboard with those names and magically viewership skyrockets. No fringe fans care to see Louis Oosthuizen or Rory McIlroy win without having to go shot for shot against Tiger on Sunday.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Golf doesn't need the four people who care about Bubba, Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, etc. Golf suffers when Tiger especially isn't in the hunt. There is no story line that interests the fringe fan when no-names (see: anyone basically not named Tiger or Phil on the tour) are all at the top of the leaderboard. Now throw Tiger at the top of the leaderboard with those names and magically viewership skyrockets. No fringe fans care to see Louis Oosthuizen or Rory McIlroy win without having to go shot for shot against Tiger on Sunday.
    Golf doesn't cater to the fringe fan. Golf is golf. If Tiger or Phil can't get into contention then there is no reason for CBS or NBC to show every single shot they hit.... particularly when they could be showing players that are outplaying them these days on a regular basis. There is a reason fringe fans only follow Tiger and Phil.... because they don't know anything about golf. Most of them couldn't tell you who Bill Haas is.... last years Fed Ex Cup winner. They couldn't tell you who Webb Simpson is... a guy who probably had one of the best stretches of golf last season of any player on tour (He finished 16th or better in 13 of the 15 events he played in from June 1st through December 4th including 2 wins and a loss in a playoff). They couldn't tell you who Jason Dufner is... a guy who just won 2 tournaments in a month and finished 2nd in a third event.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Golf doesn't cater to the fringe fan.
    If Tiger or Phil can't get into contention then there is no reason for CBS or NBC to show every single shot they hit....particularly when they could be showing players that are outplaying them these days on a regular basis.
    Reread these please. You directly contradict yourself.

I can assure you the PGA prefers to have money coming through the doors. Golf needs Tiger and Phil to make them money.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

I like playing golf and I like watching the tournaments when they have the big names, it doesnt have to be a major. Not really a big fan of anyone but i just like to see an American win.

I have been kind of a Dufner fan from the day he got second in the PGA last year. I think its because of his "no big deal attitude". He hits a crappy shot and doesnt get worked up. He'll fix it with his next shot. If he hits a great shot he just gives a little wave and strolls up to his ball like hes walking in the park.

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 192

Does anyone else hate when Boomer does golf? Awful commentary.

"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

-Humpty

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 28

Dufner is the man. Really coming up the ranks fast, and he always looks so chilled out. I think he's the only player I've seen recently who throws in chew while he plays.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Reread these please. You directly contradict yourself.

I can assure you the PGA prefers to have money coming through the doors. Golf needs Tiger and Phil to make them money.
    I didn't know the sport of golf is run by CBS or NBC. Like I said... golf is golf. A game in which getting around a course in the fewest strokes is the only thing that matters. When you see the PGA Tour commercials they don't focus on Tiger and Phil. Why? Because there is a large group of young players (the new generation) of players that are whipping Tiger and Phil's *** on a regular basis. Those are the guys the PGA Tour is branding around now. Tiger and Phil used to be the top players on tour but that simply isn't the case anymore. They have been passed by now and not just by 1 or 2 guys but by a dozen or more.

Pro
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,252
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 9

So how long till Kevin Na blows up? Leading right now.

*Rest in peace corn dog chick

"what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"

CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Sighclone Fan View Post
    Dufner is the man. Really coming up the ranks fast, and he always looks so chilled out. I think he's the only player I've seen recently who throws in chew while he plays.
    **** that dude, I'll never root for anyone who went to Auburn.