New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 18,476, Level: 41
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sammy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    404
    Points
    18,476
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Just in case any wanted to see more than still images.

    BAYLOR STADIUM



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 153,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,281
    Points
    153,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 464

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    I have to admit that is really sweet. Maybe a road game to Waco is in my future.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 83,390, Level: 89
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,055
    Points
    83,390
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 0

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    I have to admit that is really sweet. Maybe a road game to Waco is in my future.
    You may want to see a video of the town of Waco before you make that decision.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 18,476, Level: 41
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sammy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    404
    Points
    18,476
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    You may want to see a video of the town of Waco before you make that decision.
    The part the current stadium resides in is crappy. Campus and the new stadium area is near downtown and isn't bad at all. With this thing going up expect a 180 from the old locale.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 183,051, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,608
    Points
    183,051
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 0

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    WOW. That is awesome. Surprised it will only seat 45,000 though.

    JP is going to have to do something with our SEZ pretty soon in order to compete with any of these schools I'm afraid.

    The best athletes are just going to be hard to attract to Ames the way it is, but playing in the 2nd worst stadium in the league doesn't help. I know I'll get ripped for saying that, but it's true. KSU, TCU, and Baylor will now have better stadiums than us. It only leaves KU as worse than Jack Trice I'm afraid.

    Not that we haven't been trying. Our indoor practice facility is sweet. Our new football only facility is going to be sweet, although in a bad location since it should be in the north endzone if we had done it right, but I'll get over that eventually.

    But everyone else is stepping it up now. We need to bowl in that SEZ with all this new money we will be bringing in. And we need it to be two decks too, not just one. I'm not even certain if two decks will bring us out of the 2nd worst stadium in the conference or not, but at least it will look like a Big 12 stadium.

    Go ahead, let the ripfest begin.... I spoke poorly of our beloved Jack Trice Stadium.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 101,116, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,934
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,900
    Points
    101,116
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 146

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    I have to... where is the Tarp going to be?



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 22,806, Level: 46
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Amana, IA
    Posts
    1,011
    Points
    22,806
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 173

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Loveliest soccer stadium I've ever seen.


    Good times on Hawkeyenation.com after the 2010 Wisconsin Game!


  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 38,489, Level: 60
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,035
    Points
    38,489
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy11 View Post
    Just in case any wanted to see more than still images.

    BAYLOR STADIUM
    I have been very critical of Baylor in the past but if the stadium looks this good as an "end product" . . . if will be a great venue for football.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 60,159, Level: 76
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stevefrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,375
    Points
    60,159
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 63

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    that is kinda cool.

    I'm guessing that statue out front is RGIII?



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    WOW. That is awesome. Surprised it will only seat 45,000 though.

    JP is going to have to do something with our SEZ pretty soon in order to compete with any of these schools I'm afraid.

    The best athletes are just going to be hard to attract to Ames the way it is, but playing in the 2nd worst stadium in the league doesn't help. I know I'll get ripped for saying that, but it's true. KSU, TCU, and Baylor will now have better stadiums than us. It only leaves KU as worse than Jack Trice I'm afraid.

    Not that we haven't been trying. Our indoor practice facility is sweet. Our new football only facility is going to be sweet, although in a bad location since it should be in the north endzone if we had done it right, but I'll get over that eventually.

    But everyone else is stepping it up now. We need to bowl in that SEZ with all this new money we will be bringing in. And we need it to be two decks too, not just one. I'm not even certain if two decks will bring us out of the 2nd worst stadium in the conference or not, but at least it will look like a Big 12 stadium.

    Go ahead, let the ripfest begin.... I spoke poorly of our beloved Jack Trice Stadium.
    I agree, recruits are going to flip over the new TCU and Baylor venues. They won't care that our stadium hold 10,000 more fans than both of those places. They will look at them as more "big time" due to the aesthetic.

    Baylor has really stepped up! Anyone know any rich Cyclones?



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 31,368, Level: 54
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,495
    Points
    31,368
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 9

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    The only reason why I can see why we are holding off for right now on the SEZ project is because JP is planning something BIG!!!! We have needed a new scoreboard since about 05' and now we have a huge mother ******... He is going to close it in and make it look awesome. Two decks? Maybe... Clemson style with more suites? Maybe, all I know is that it wont look like ****, trying to stay within the confines of a small budget.

    It will be MAGNIFICENT!!!




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 60,159, Level: 76
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stevefrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,375
    Points
    60,159
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 63

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    The only reason why I can see why we are holding off for right now on the SEZ project is because JP is planning something BIG!!!! We have needed a new scoreboard since about 05' and now we have a huge mother ******... He is going to close it in and make it look awesome. Two decks? Maybe... Clemson style with more suites? Maybe, all I know is that it wont look like ****, trying to stay within the confines of a small budget.

    It will be MAGNIFICENT!!!
    i kind of agree with you.

    why rush it and have something that's half ***ed when you can hold off for a bit and do it right?

    my hope is that there is a lot of suites. we need to pander to the big donors as much as possible and give the people that are on the verge or capable of donating more to say "hey, the AD is doing a lot for big donors here, i want to be a part of that".



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 271,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 38

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Announced by end of year IMO



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 20,411, Level: 43
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    742
    Points
    20,411
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 9

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    "Hey Baylor, that's a pretty sweet moat ya got there!"



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 20,449, Level: 43
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    899
    Points
    20,449
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Re: New 3d video and website for the new BU stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Not that we haven't been trying. Our indoor practice facility is sweet. Our new football only facility is going to be sweet, although in a bad location since it should be in the north endzone if we had done it right, but I'll get over that eventually.
    What would be so great having the FOF next to something players use maybe 10 times a year versus having it next to something they can use all the time?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM