Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 97,107, Level: 97
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,943
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,223
    Points
    97,107
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Interesting that the ACC has found some extra money laying around for Florida State. And FSU is sticking with they have had no contact with the Big 12.

    Conference Realignment: Florida State To Big 12? No News Coming - BC Interruption



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,867, Level: 35
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    329
    Points
    13,867
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Lol...wow.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 565,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,662
    Points
    565,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 273

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    A $1.6 million bribe isn't going to stop them from moving toward a much larger TV contract.




  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 747,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    50,770
    Points
    747,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,146
    Given: 1,487

    Re:ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Generally speaking, I've found that offering people money after they've already started looking makes it take a way higher offer than if you had kept them happy in the first place. And that times two if they are influenced by others (in this case the fans) to make the change.

    In other words, this ain't gonna cut it.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 892,742, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    59,239
    Points
    892,742
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,903
    Given: 3,169

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Generally speaking, I've found that offering people money after they've already started looking makes it take a way higher offer than if you had kept them happy in the first place. And that times two if they are influenced by others (in this case the fans) to make the change.

    In other words, this ain't gonna cut it.
    Are you trying to say that $1.6 million not only doesn't meet the $2.5 million shortfall that Florida State has talked about, but falls way short of the extra $10-15 million they would make in the Big 12, and then compounding it by saying that external factors such as the fans make this "too little, too late?"

    I'd say that this confirms at the very least that Florida State made it known that they're willing to consider what it takes for more money.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 276,183, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,770
    Points
    276,183
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 101

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    This news is a few days old



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 747,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    50,770
    Points
    747,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,146
    Given: 1,487

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Are you trying to say that $1.6 million not only doesn't meet the $2.5 million shortfall that Florida State has talked about, but falls way short of the extra $10-15 million they would make in the Big 12, and then compounding it by saying that external factors such as the fans make this "too little, too late?"

    I'd say that this confirms at the very least that Florida State made it known that they're willing to consider what it takes for more money.
    Yeah, $1.6 million won't buy FSU's loyalty. Me, I can be bought. I welcome our new ACC overlords.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 107,767, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,631
    Points
    107,767
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 7

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    The $1.6 million came from FSU's reserve fund that was slated to re-paint Doak Walker Stadium. The ACC agreed to replenish that money from the reserve fund in the future. Now FSU must wait to re-paint as they can not afford it today.

    It's a half truth at best that the ACC gave them money.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 67,251, Level: 80
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,161
    Points
    67,251
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 7

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    LOL @ the BC fan in the comments who thinks conference realignment talk is now put to rest. Oh, you poor soul. Let ISU teach you about conference realignment.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 892,742, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    59,239
    Points
    892,742
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,903
    Given: 3,169

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue52 View Post
    LOL @ the BC fan in the comments who thinks conference realignment talk is now put to rest. Oh, you poor soul. Let ISU teach you about conference realignment.
    Only way to learn about conference realignment is through pain and panic. Welcome to a brave new world, BC!!!


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 72,806, Level: 83
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SNEDDS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    2,647
    Points
    72,806
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 165

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    ACC: "Hey Florida state, I think you dropped this." *wink wink


    *Rest in peace corn dog chick

    "what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"


    CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013


  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 67,715, Level: 80
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,877
    Points
    67,715
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 0

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    This news is a few days old
    I guess thats why nobody has thanked you in this thread. You'd rather negatively opine on a nifty piece of information that hasn't been well circulated amongst those of us less well-read rather than share a nice story that directly impacts our Cyclones. Some people get a bigger kick out of knowing things than sharing things but we do need all types. There are no insignificant contributions - unless you fail to make a contribution.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 97,107, Level: 97
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,943
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,223
    Points
    97,107
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Re: ACC "finds" extra money for Florida State..

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    I guess thats why nobody has thanked you in this thread. You'd rather negatively opine on a nifty piece of information that hasn't been well circulated amongst those of us less well-read rather than share a nice story that directly impacts our Cyclones. Some people get a bigger kick out of knowing things than sharing things but we do need all types. There are no insignificant contributions - unless you fail to make a contribution.
    Thanks...I had not seen this one.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNews
  • Iowa State @ TCU
  • March 7, 2015
  • 07:30 PM