Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 8,727, Level: 27
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    138
    Points
    8,727
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Potential Virus?

    At work for the past few weeks, the site will be replaced with a screen showing that I have a virus and it is doing some kind of scan. If I click on remove files, I get a window wanting me to run or save a file, which I don't do. I was curious if anyone else is having a similiar issue.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 74,344, Level: 84
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    2020cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    74,344
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 454
    Given: 864

    Re: Potential Virus?

    I'm getting a virus warning today.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 450,106, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,857
    Points
    450,106
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 276

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by brycy View Post
    If I click on remove files,
    For future reference, don't ever click this button.



  4. #4
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 578,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    20,066
    Points
    578,266
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,548
    Given: 10,824

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    For future reference, don't ever click this button.
    Yeah, I'm going to guess you visited a site with a virus, and clicking that installed it, now it comes up randomly. I don't remember the name of the virus that does that, but it's pretty hard to remove, from what I understand. Do you have AV software?


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 8,727, Level: 27
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    138
    Points
    8,727
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to guess you visited a site with a virus, and clicking that installed it, now it comes up randomly. I don't remember the name of the virus that does that, but it's pretty hard to remove, from what I understand. Do you have AV software?
    Work uses microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection. I ran a whole scan yesterday and it showed nothing. It did remove a trojandownloader a week ago and a Rogue... the week before.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 450,106, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,857
    Points
    450,106
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 276

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by brycy View Post
    Work uses microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection. I ran a whole scan yesterday and it showed nothing. It did remove a trojandownloader a week ago and a Rogue... the week before.
    That won't necessarily show all infections.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 102,850, Level: 99
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Senolcyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,234
    Points
    102,850
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 27

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by brycy View Post
    At work for the past few weeks, the site will be replaced with a screen showing that I have a virus and it is doing some kind of scan. If I click on remove files, I get a window wanting me to run or save a file, which I don't do. I was curious if anyone else is having a similiar issue.

    It's never from CF. It's always from some other site you visited. Stop looking at so much porn.




  8. #8
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 578,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    20,066
    Points
    578,266
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,548
    Given: 10,824

    Re: Potential Virus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    It's never from CF. It's always from some other site you visited. Stop looking at so much porn.

    Weeeell, if it were from CF, we'd have 15,000+ people reporting it...


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM