Camp Offer? Trevon Young - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Legend
    Points: 180,694, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,954
    Points
    180,694
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 878

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    That's not what happened.
    Forgot the jimlad--but I'm still just as happy he went to Iowa.

    One good thing about Young, it's nice to see one of the D.M. city schools putting out talent. All those high schools have been a virtual wasteland for far too long.




    Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

    Who knew?


  2. #17
    All-Star
    Points: 18,581, Level: 41
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AmesHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    18,581
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 19

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Judging that he's being recruited by 2 dline coaches, and his size, id say he Plays DE.
    Not a big point, but Iowa does not typically have it's coaches recruit by position, but rather by region. ISU most likely does not do that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

    But I would agree, that his size and attributes look like DE.


    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    not everyone that plays college football wants to go pro..thats probably part of why ISU sends fewer players to the draft than Iowa does

  3. #18
    Pro
    Points: 42,966, Level: 64
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,712
    Points
    42,966
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by AmesHawk View Post
    Not a big point, but Iowa does not typically have it's coaches recruit by position, but rather by region. ISU most likely does not do that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

    But I would agree, that his size and attributes look like DE.
    Thats what ISU does. Iowa is not breaking new ground in any aspect of their program.



  4. #19
    All-Star
    Points: 18,581, Level: 41
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AmesHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    18,581
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 19

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Thats what ISU does. Iowa is not breaking new ground in any aspect of their program.
    Um... Sorry?


    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    not everyone that plays college football wants to go pro..thats probably part of why ISU sends fewer players to the draft than Iowa does

  5. #20
    Speechless
    Points: 185,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,550
    Points
    185,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 609

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Glad to see we lucked out on this one!!!!

    Really glad we didnt have to deal with his arrest.



  6. #21
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Glad to see we lucked out on this one!!!!

    Really glad we didnt have to deal with his arrest.
    What did he do?


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  7. #22
    Rookie
    Points: 8,865, Level: 28
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    drose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    468
    Points
    8,865
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    What did he do?
    Iowa recruit arrested in Des Moines | TheGazette


    Rule #24

    Put Percy in the play pen.

  8. #23
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    New group of thugs coming in for Iowa. Have fun.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  9. #24
    Pro
    Points: 36,193, Level: 58
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Points
    36,193
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 64

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Iowa is having some issues with incoming recruits. I think this is the third recruit with off the field issues.



  10. #25
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    Iowa is having some issues with incoming recruits. I think this is the third recruit with off the field issues.
    Generally a sign they are about to be good. More arrests you have off the field directly relates to wins on the field.



  11. #26
    Pro
    Points: 57,383, Level: 74
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,167
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,941
    Points
    57,383
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 140

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    How does Malloy lose his scholarship for obstructing a police officer while the article makes is it sound like nothing happened to Garmon, who got busted for drug paraphernalia??

    Oh, that's right, Kirk's double standard. Make an example of the bench warmers...



  12. #27
    Pro
    Points: 43,938, Level: 64
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,040
    Points
    43,938
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 0

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    How does Malloy lose his scholarship for obstructing a police officer while the article makes is it sound like nothing happened to Garmon, who got busted for drug paraphernalia??

    Oh, that's right, Kirk's double standard. Make an example of the bench warmers...
    I think the fact that Malloy got caught with drug paraphenalia, trespassed, and ran from the cops was the reason he got his offer pulled (not lost his scholarship). Garmon only got one charge not three, the drug paraphenila charge and he already signed so the didn't pull his offer.

    I don't know why fans from either side make a big deal about these things, both schools have their fair share of players getting into trouble.


    "But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent

  13. #28
    Pro
    Points: 43,938, Level: 64
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,040
    Points
    43,938
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 0

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Intersting to note that Young was just rated by 247 sports the other day and was rated as a 4 star.


    "But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent

  14. #29
    Walk On
    Points: 10,289, Level: 30
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    rainbowdolphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SUN CITY AZ
    Posts
    150
    Points
    10,289
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    [QUOTE=GMackey32;2884983]Iowa State must have only offered because Iowa offered.


    He verbalized to EIU in June but was arrested yesterday I believe-robbery


    We will be smart. We'll be physical for 60 minutes and we will hit you coming off the bus. We will be a passionate team that will bring pride back to the Cyclone nation." - Paul Rhoads

    CYCLONE CLUB AND
    SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS JIHAD MEMBER

  15. #30
    Pro
    Points: 37,831, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cincyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,883
    Points
    37,831
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 391

    Re: Camp Offer? Trevon Young

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    How does Malloy lose his scholarship for obstructing a police officer while the article makes is it sound like nothing happened to Garmon, who got busted for drug paraphernalia?? Oh, that's right, Kirk's double standard. Make an example of the bench warmers...
    I think the fact that Malloy got caught with drug paraphenalia, trespassed, and ran from the cops was the reason he got his offer pulled (not lost his scholarship). Garmon only got one charge not three, the drug paraphenila charge and he already signed so the didn't pull his offer. I don't know why fans from either side make a big deal about these things, both schools have their fair share of players getting into trouble.
    This. So much this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM