Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Big 12 FB is stacked

    Previewing the 20 teams that could win a national title in 2012 - NCF - ESPN

    Of the top 20 teams that ESPN listed that could win it all next season half of the Big 12 teams are listed. Ohio State is on the list too but they are ineligible so technically it's 19 + Ohio State:

    Texas: The defense could be elite, but will the quarterback play catch up?
    TCU: Can the Horned Frogs' defense keep up with the Big 12's explosive offenses?
    WVU: The Mountaineers' offense could be even better in Year 2 under Dana Holgorsen.
    OSU: Mike Gundy's team has the potential to be very good again in 2012.
    OU: There are reasons to believe the Sooners could be better on both sides of the ball in 2012.

    Only Wisconsin and the ineligible Ohio State make the list from the supposed "tough" Big 10 conference. I think TCU and WVU are going to be great additions to the conference in football and make the Big 12 the best conference in the country but on the flip side of that it makes ISU's path to a bowl game even tougher now too. Let's hope we can keep the momentum going and the recruiting classes keep getting better because we need to start landing some big recruits if we are ever going to win 8 or more games in the new Big 12.


    Go Cubs Go!

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 63,404, Level: 78
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,446
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,757
    Points
    63,404
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Previewing the 20 teams that could win a national title in 2012 - NCF - ESPN

    Of the top 20 teams that ESPN listed that could win it all next season half of the Big 12 teams are listed. Ohio State is on the list too but they are ineligible so technically it's 19 + Ohio State:

    Texas: The defense could be elite, but will the quarterback play catch up?
    TCU: Can the Horned Frogs' defense keep up with the Big 12's explosive offenses?
    WVU: The Mountaineers' offense could be even better in Year 2 under Dana Holgorsen.
    OSU: Mike Gundy's team has the potential to be very good again in 2012.
    OU: There are reasons to believe the Sooners could be better on both sides of the ball in 2012.

    Only Wisconsin and the ineligible Ohio State make the list from the supposed "tough" Big 10 conference. I think TCU and WVU are going to be great additions to the conference in football and make the Big 12 the best conference in the country but on the flip side of that it makes ISU's path to a bowl game even tougher now too. Let's hope we can keep the momentum going and the recruiting classes keep getting better because we need to start landing some big recruits if we are ever going to win 8 or more games in the new Big 12.

    The sky is blue



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,519, Level: 60
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,900
    Points
    38,519
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 4

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post

    The sky is blue
    Didn't check the link, but out of the 5, only OU has a shot a national title.

    Will be interesting to see what TCU and WVU can do in conference though.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 38,167, Level: 60
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,107
    Points
    38,167
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 5

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    There still are 11 more teams to be named and knowing how much ESPN loves the B1G, they'll probably be stacked in the top 10.


    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 27,410, Level: 50
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points
    ManofCyience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    594
    Points
    27,410
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post

    The sky is blue
    Link or I don't believe it.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,857, Level: 24
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    283
    Points
    6,857
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlybirds View Post
    There still are 11 more teams to be named and knowing how much ESPN loves the B1G, they'll probably be stacked in the top 10.
    I see 20 teams listed, and only Wisconsin is representing the B1G.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,167, Level: 60
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,107
    Points
    38,167
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 5

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by maui6651 View Post
    I see 20 teams listed, and only Wisconsin is representing the B1G.
    Must have to be an insider to see the rest.

    OK I see t now.


    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 213,508, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,039
    Points
    213,508
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 11

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    I give tcu the same chance as northwestern.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 85,471, Level: 90
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,105
    Points
    85,471
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 164

    Re: Big 12 FB is stacked

    Quote Originally Posted by SplitIdentity View Post
    I give tcu the same chance as northwestern.
    So you're saying the big 12 is way tougher than the big 10 then?

    You must, bcuz as a frame of reference: TCU is a program that beat Wisconsin in a BCS bowl game...Northwestern lost to Wisconsin 70-23 last time they played.

    Northwestern only would go to NC if they played Iowa every week, bcuz it's their super bowl and only time they come to play.


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM