Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 149
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 27,374, Level: 50
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,264
    Points
    27,374
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 103

    Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    While traveling recently, I stopped in at an Arby's and had the following experience. I ordered a classic roast beef combo and asked that they just give me a small fry instead of the medium. With a puzzled look, the server rang it up and told me the total. I told him that it was 50 cents more than what is on the menu. He said that yes, he had to ring the combo up separately, and that is why it is more. I tried to explain that I wanted him to ring it up as a regular combo, but just serve me a small fry instead of medium, because I didn't need that many and I would save then a few.

    He then asked his supervisor, and she came over and said the same thing to me. I tried one last time to explain that I just wanted to be handed less fries, but finally gave up and ordered the regular combo. And then I ate all the fries. Sigh.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 37,885, Level: 60
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,518
    Points
    37,885
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 20

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    You should have thrown a few of the fries on the counter, said something clever, and walked away.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 74,075, Level: 84
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 775
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SNEDDS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    2,463
    Points
    74,075
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 42

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    There is a reason they work in fast food.


    *Rest in peace corn dog chick

    "what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"


    CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013


  4. #4
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 605,832, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,588
    Points
    605,832
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,499
    Given: 138

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by urb1 View Post
    While traveling recently, I stopped in at an Arby's and had the following experience. I ordered a classic roast beef combo and asked that they just give me a small fry instead of the medium. With a puzzled look, the server rang it up and told me the total. I told him that it was 50 cents more than what is on the menu. He said that yes, he had to ring the combo up separately, and that is why it is more. I tried to explain that I wanted him to ring it up as a regular combo, but just serve me a small fry instead of medium, because I didn't need that many and I would save then a few.

    He then asked his supervisor, and she came over and said the same thing to me. I tried one last time to explain that I just wanted to be handed less fries, but finally gave up and ordered the regular combo. And then I ate all the fries. Sigh.
    Well, I think I've pinpointed the exact moment where things started to go wrong. Refrain from the highlighted activity and you should avoid future problems of this nature.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 8,909, Level: 28
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    cyclonebillski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    441
    Points
    8,909
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 9

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    And the manager and worker probably laughed at how stupid you were as you walked away.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,140, Level: 30
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Turn2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NE of KIKV
    Posts
    251
    Points
    10,140
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 98

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by urb1 View Post
    While traveling recently, I stopped in at an Arby's and had the following experience. I ordered a classic roast beef combo and asked that they just give me a small fry instead of the medium. With a puzzled look, the server rang it up and told me the total. I told him that it was 50 cents more than what is on the menu. He said that yes, he had to ring the combo up separately, and that is why it is more. I tried to explain that I wanted him to ring it up as a regular combo, but just serve me a small fry instead of medium, because I didn't need that many and I would save then a few.

    He then asked his supervisor, and she came over and said the same thing to me. I tried one last time to explain that I just wanted to be handed less fries, but finally gave up and ordered the regular combo. And then I ate all the fries. Sigh.
    This wouldn't have been in Coralville, would it? This sounds like déjà vu to me.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 166,351, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,723
    Points
    166,351
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 500

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Sounds like my latest trip to Wendy's. Went through the drive through. I ordered my wife and I something, and then this was my conversation when ordering for my two year old. "What is the smallest chicken nugget you have?" "We have a 4 piece, an 8 piece and a 12 piece" the said. I'm not sure on the exact number of nuggets, just the jist of the conversation. So I said, "ok, I'll take the (whatever the smallest one is)"

    She then gave me my total, and to pull around. Well, I pulled off after paying and getting my food to find no nuggets, and I don't want a hungry crabby 2 year old so I pulled back around and went inside.

    I seen the manager inside and handed her my receipt, and said I ordered a small nugget and didn't recieve it. She went to the back with my reciept, came back and said "you didn't order this."

    I said, yes I did, and told her the exact conversation I had. Is it my fault that it was ordered but not pressed into the register?

    She said it was not ordered so it would be $1.29. Since it was such a small amount, and my family was waiting out in the vehicle, I decided that it was not worth my time to argue, and paid for it.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 27,374, Level: 50
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,264
    Points
    27,374
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 103

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by Turn2 View Post
    This wouldn't have been in Coralville, would it? This sounds like déjà vu to me.
    No, Clear Lake.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 363,576, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    12,085
    Points
    363,576
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,177
    Given: 606

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    I went into a Burger King once and asked for a regular chicken sandwich and medium fry. The lady asked "oh so a #5?" And I replied "yes, without a drink." She said I had to pay for the drink if I wanted the combo. I said I didn't want a combo just the food. She had to get her supervisor but we were able to work it out.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 143,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,147
    Points
    143,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 204

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by SNEDDS3 View Post
    There is a reason they work in fast food.
    Bingo.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,104, Level: 57
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    fccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest City
    Posts
    3,588
    Points
    35,104
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 496

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    The Clear Lake Arby's. That explains it.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 30,030, Level: 53
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,095
    Points
    30,030
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 107

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    I try to avoid fried food and don't drink pop. When I order just a sandwich with a glass of water, their head's always explode.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 261,360, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    261,360
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    You should probley go to McDonalds


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 135,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Naughtius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central IA
    Posts
    2,621
    Points
    135,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

    Re: Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Sounds like my latest trip to Wendy's. Went through the drive through. I ordered my wife and I something, and then this was my conversation when ordering for my two year old. "What is the smallest chicken nugget you have?" "We have a 4 piece, an 8 piece and a 12 piece" the said. I'm not sure on the exact number of nuggets, just the jist of the conversation. So I said, "ok, I'll take the (whatever the smallest one is)"

    She then gave me my total, and to pull around. Well, I pulled off after paying and getting my food to find no nuggets, and I don't want a hungry crabby 2 year old so I pulled back around and went inside.

    I seen the manager inside and handed her my receipt, and said I ordered a small nugget and didn't recieve it. She went to the back with my reciept, came back and said "you didn't order this."

    I said, yes I did, and told her the exact conversation I had. Is it my fault that it was ordered but not pressed into the register?

    She said it was not ordered so it would be $1.29. Since it was such a small amount, and my family was waiting out in the vehicle, I decided that it was not worth my time to argue, and paid for it.
    Rightchere's your mistake. Never, ever pull away from the window w/o checking your order. I'd guess 70% of the time something is wrong (no straw, wrong food, etc.)

    I once drove out of New Ulm MN's McDonalds w/o checking my McNugget order, just to find out 10 miles out of town they forgot the sauce. McNuggets are barely edible w/copious amounts of sauce. Without sauce, I'm fairly confident they are Duralogs.


    "Me not winning isn't important. You do!"

  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 14,868, Level: 37
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    TigerCyJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Polk County, IA
    Posts
    968
    Points
    14,868
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 3

    Re:Idiocy at a fast food restaurant

    The Clinton, MO mcD's is awful. The woman At the counter charged me extra for ordering my McDouble without cheese. She couldn't seem to understand the concept of a burge with no cheese.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM