Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 77

Destin McCauley

makes Junior World Team at 66 Kg

Beats Edwin Cooper 6-0, 4-1 and 5-0, 2-1.

Can't wait to see Destin in a Cyclone singlet.

Also Earl Hall wins at 60 Kg. Rumored to have interest in Iowa State.

http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=25125

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

Re: Destin McCauley

Awesome! It seems like we have talent coming in. Hopefully with our new lightweight coach we can get the ball rolling!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 8

McCauley could be the start of some great things recruiting wise. He is one of the best high school wrestlers that I have ever seen.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    McCauley could be the start of some great things recruiting wise. He is one of the best high school wrestlers that I have ever seen.
    Also add Meeks into the mix as well!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    Also add Meeks into the mix as well!
    Congrats to Mr. McCauley. I look forward to seeing him compete next year. I have trouble seeing Earl Hall coming to ISU due to the log jam in the lightweights. Cant be much money to be had.

Prospect
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1306 View Post
    Congrats to Mr. McCauley. I look forward to seeing him compete next year. I have trouble seeing Earl Hall coming to ISU due to the log jam in the lightweights. Cant be much money to be had.

Heres a quote from another site. This poster seems to be well connected in the wrestling community and has been correct about alot of things...

"Brandon Slay is putting the full court press on McCauley to stay in Colorado and continue to train there. IF true, he still hasn't enrolled anywhere so his clock will not have started yet and a Brand new recruiting season will open up for him again."

Last edited by clarky45; 07-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 331

Quote Originally Posted by clarky45 View Post
    Heres a quote from another site. This poster seems to be well connected in the wrestling community and has been correct about alot of things...

"Brandon Slay is putting the full court press on McCauley to stay in Colorado and continue to train there. IF true, he still hasn't enrolled anywhere so his clock will not have started yet and a Brand new recruiting season will open up for him again."
    The Cheese likes to claim lots of things. It wouldn't make sense for McCauley to not enroll this year unless he planned on skipping college wrestling completely. It is the fresh start of an Olympic Cycle right now. He'll graduate just in time for the 2016 Olympics and hit his prime for the 2020 Olympics.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    The Cheese likes to claim lots of things. It wouldn't make sense for McCauley to not enroll this year unless he planned on skipping college wrestling completely. It is the fresh start of an Olympic Cycle right now. He'll graduate just in time for the 2016 Olympics and hit his prime for the 2020 Olympics.
    "The cheese" is a little much at times I agree, but hes been pretty dead on as of late. As an Iowa fan I would prefer he go to Ames than a contender.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

"The cheese" is a little much at times I agree, but hes been pretty dead on as of late. As an Iowa fan I would prefer he go to Ames than a contender.

Wow you are an *******. You fit the mold of the typical insecure mouth breather...Bravo, you sir are the hawk fan that everybody makes fun of, and you have to apologize for when you don't live amongst the family stumps with no branches in iowa.

Just what has that piece of **** been dead on about?

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Wow you are an *******. You fit the mold of the typical insecure mouth breather...Bravo, you sir are the hawk fan that everybody makes fun of, and you have to apologize for when you don't live amongst the family stumps with no branches in iowa.

Just what has that piece of **** been dead on about?
    Oh hey mikem. Pleasant as always. Generic name calling etc.

The cheese called the Zadick demotion a couple days before any hawk fans on the wrestling sites I follow. He also called the wisky tranfers to the correct schools, a minny wrestler retiring due to injuries. Just saying hes been on a roll lately and obviously has some connections in the college wrestling ranks.

Apologize about the "contender" comment, but fact is thats the reality. Would rather see him at ISU over tOSU, OSU, PSU, OK, Minny...............

Thanks tho Judoka. Would been strange timing.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Oh hey mikem. Pleasant as always. Generic name calling etc.

The cheese called the Zadick demotion a couple days before any hawk fans on the wrestling sites I follow. He also called the wisky tranfers to the correct schools, a minny wrestler retiring due to injuries. Just saying hes been on a roll lately and obviously has some connections in the college wrestling ranks.

Apologize about the "contender" comment, but fact is thats the reality. Would rather see him at ISU over tOSU, OSU, PSU, OK, Minny...............

Thanks tho Judoka. Would been strange timing.

The fact that you would say that you would rather have him at Iowa State rather than a "contender" was a ****** thing to say. That along with the other nonsense you have tried to run on an Iowa State site makes you an *******.

As far as the things he's been "right" on, well, how many of the things that he has been "right" about involved Iowa State wrestling? Zadick's troubles are well documented, as were all of the problems with wisconsin's program, minny's program, etc...

All he has done is try to poison the well for Kevin Jackson on the internet. I am guessing that KJ beat the **** out of him, and he is such a little ***** and small little "person" that this is how he tries to get even. Hell, this piece of **** always talks about how he is connected to the program, but the little ***** doesn't even have the courage to introduce himself to anybody at the meets he claims to attend.

That alone makes him the worst kind of backstabbing ***** there is.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up

Mike mad.

Team Rainbo_

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    The fact that you would say that you would rather have him at Iowa State rather than a "contender" was a ****** thing to say. That along with the other nonsense you have tried to run on an Iowa State site makes you an *******.

As far as the things he's been "right" on, well, how many of the things that he has been "right" about involved Iowa State wrestling? Zadick's troubles are well documented, as were all of the problems with wisconsin's program, minny's program, etc...

All he has done is try to poison the well for Kevin Jackson on the internet. I am guessing that KJ beat the **** out of him, and he is such a little ***** and small little "person" that this is how he tries to get even. Hell, this piece of **** always talks about how he is connected to the program, but the little ***** doesn't even have the courage to introduce himself to anybody at the meets he claims to attend.

That alone makes him the worst kind of backstabbing ***** there is.

Hey just calling a spade a spade. As an ISU fan im sure you would rather have a big recruit go to oregon state than okie state. Oregon state is outta conference and less of a program (until recently).

I've followed Iowa wrestling since the 90's and Zadick getting replaced was a surprise to me. 12 years in the program. An alleged hunting violation?

Cheese obviously has it out for KJ.
    Is he a little harsh? You bet.
    Has isu's record under KJ been a little harsh? You bet.

God forbid a fan calls out an underachieving coach on the internet!!!

Guess KJ could call the anti internet bullying police or shut him up for good by turning the program around, which I hope he does. Went to the national duals in ames last yr and never want to see a crowd in ames like that again. Alot more fun when isu is dominate.

Last edited by clarky45; 07-03-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    Mike mad.

Not yet, keep it up though, you will get there...

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Hey just calling a spade a spade. As an ISU fan im sure you would rather have a big recruit go to oregon state than okie state. Oregon state is outta conference and less of a program (until recently).

I've followed Iowa wrestling since the 90's and Zadick getting replaced was a surprise to me. 12 years in the program. An alleged hunting violation?

Cheese obviously has it out for KJ.
    Is he a little harsh? You bet.
    Has isu's record under KJ been a little harsh? You bet.

God forbid a fan calls out an underachieving coach on the internet!!!

Guess KJ could call the anti internet bullying police or shut him up for good by turning the program around, which I hope he does. Went to the national duals in ames last yr and never want to see a crowd in ames like that again. Alot more fun when isu is dominate.

OK if you actually want to discuss this without trying to be a typical hawk *******, then fine...

Zadick was an easy scapegoat. The hawks finished 3rd this year, with psu pulling further away, not good enough for brands, which it shouldn't be. Then with wisconsin imploding under davis, I am sure morningstall let the coaches at iowa know that he would make the move if offered (kind of like what happened when brands brought va tech to ic). There is a ton of bad vibes in the wisconsin program right now, Pritzlaff leaving exacerbated the fact that davis is in trouble, so it made sense for morningstall to look to leave.

Morningstall is supposed to have a very bright future in coaching, and he had done a terrific job recruiting for davis. New blood, and energy can always help (see hawk football recruiting with their new coaches). It is a good match for the hawks, one of their own coming back, etc...

As far as KJ, I am far from an apologist for bad coaches, see mccarney and mcdermott...The fact is that when Cael left, he left behind a senior class, minus Cyler and Jon Reader....He had not done a great job with depth in the room to begin with, and add the fact that he took the recruiting class (see David Taylor) with him to State College...

You get 9.9, and we live in one of the few states that have great wrestling on all levels. Forgetting for one second the elephant in the room in iowa, you have great wrestling in this state at the D3, D2, JUCO levels.

Where that hurts an Iowa State is that it makes it more difficult to get some of the solid guys to come in on their own dime. Guys will go to iowa with little or no money offered because of their tradition, and the way that they have developed wrestlers without great pedigrees into champions.

For the rest of us, why get nothing from Iowa State or UNI, when you can get something from Upper Iowa, or a JUCO. Wartburg and Coe are always finding money for good kids as well.

KJ doesn't have an indefinite timetable, and he has made a lot of errors with his lightweight recruiting and coaching, and also strength and conditioning. But this is the most talent he has had in the room. Now we need to see results. I think we will be improved next year (hard not to be), but I think the real strides are in two years.

That has always been the timetable, five years. IF it's still bad then, by all means, send Kevin Jackson down the road with thanks for his efforts.

Now, let's hope that ol cheese, queso, mudflap, or whatever he wants to go by this week locates his two testicles and actually discloses his identity to all of the GOOD Cyclone fans at the meets this Winter. Of course realizing what a little ***** he is, I doubt he will ever man up and face people.