Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Cyclones.TV

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 105,831, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,394
    Points
    105,831
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 452

    Cyclones.TV

    This is our third tier income. I think that subscription to this needs to be just behind season tickets and NCC in people's priority. Hopefully people are signing up.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 18,342, Level: 41
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cysocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    770
    Points
    18,342
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    I subscribe to clone zone and ready to sign-up for cyclones.tv. Can't wait...



  3. #3
    Prospect
    Points: 4,468, Level: 19
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cowboyhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grundy Center
    Posts
    20
    Points
    4,468
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    IS it every game on Cyclone tv? Or just the ones not broadcast on Cable?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 109,317, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    9,214
    Points
    109,317
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 267

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    FYI -

    Signup at a 2012 Tailgate Tour stop or sign up online before Sept. 1 and receive 25 percent off the full price of an annual subscription ($59.95). This 12 month package is your full access, year-long ticket for everything that cyclones.tv will offer. The new cyclones.tv will replace Clone Zone starting in late July 2012. Current Clone Zone subscribers will automatically be transferred to cyclones.tv subscriptions, with existing rates and expiration dates remaining the same.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 38,334, Level: 60
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,636
    Points
    38,334
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 428

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    I've subscribed to Clone Zone for years, and plan on rolling over into cyclones.tv too. I've always looked at is both a good service that I use and a way to contribute to the program.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 109,317, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    9,214
    Points
    109,317
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 267

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhoy View Post
    IS it every game on Cyclone tv? Or just the ones not broadcast on Cable?
    1 football game (western illinois)
    Most of the non-con MBB games
    Pretty much all WBB games and other olympic sports

    You also get press conferences, interviews, behind the scenes, etc.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 117,811, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,902
    Points
    117,811
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 402

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    FYI -

    Signup at a 2012 Tailgate Tour stop or sign up online before Sept. 1 and receive 25 percent off the full price of an annual subscription ($59.95). This 12 month package is your full access, year-long ticket for everything that cyclones.tv will offer. The new cyclones.tv will replace Clone Zone starting in late July 2012. Current Clone Zone subscribers will automatically be transferred to cyclones.tv subscriptions, with existing rates and expiration dates remaining the same.
    That's it? I'm all over it.

    I don't think I'd seen a price for it yet - thought it would be more.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 91,253, Level: 94
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,897
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,696
    Points
    91,253
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 849
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Has anyone asked Pollard or John Walters whether this will be able to show games grabbed by the LHN (or equivalent going forward)? It was my understanding that these games were to be made available for the visiting team, but I think mediacom picked up the basketball games last year. With rumors of ISU being a candidate for the conference football game the LHN goes after this year, I would like to hear if the AD is looking at this as an opportunity to get subscribers.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 450,081, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,856
    Points
    450,081
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 274

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Has anyone asked Pollard or John Walters whether this will be able to show games grabbed by the LHN (or equivalent going forward)? It was my understanding that these games were to be made available for the visiting team, but I think mediacom picked up the basketball games last year. With rumors of ISU being a candidate for the conference football game the LHN goes after this year, I would like to hear if the AD is looking at this as an opportunity to get subscribers.
    We could've shown the basketball game which was on the LHN but we chose not to buy the rights from Texas.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 91,253, Level: 94
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,897
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,696
    Points
    91,253
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 849
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Has anyone asked Pollard or John Walters whether this will be able to show games grabbed by the LHN (or equivalent going forward)? It was my understanding that these games were to be made available for the visiting team, but I think mediacom picked up the basketball games last year. With rumors of ISU being a candidate for the conference football game the LHN goes after this year, I would like to hear if the AD is looking at this as an opportunity to get subscribers.
    We could've shown the basketball game which was on the LHN but we chose not to buy the rights from Texas.
    So with cyclones.tv, will they be more likely to buy these rights, especially for a football game?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 450,081, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,856
    Points
    450,081
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 274

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    So with cyclones.tv, will they be more likely to buy these rights, especially for a football game?
    I'm sure it depends on
    a) subscriptions purchased
    b) purchase price of the feed.

    I don't imagine much is changing since they're just rebranding and not putting out a new product.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,163, Level: 72
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,267
    Points
    54,163
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,937
    Given: 1,290

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    When I went to the site it said there would be no mobile support for Cyclones.TV.

    That would typically mean that a Roku device would also be excluded from getting the product.

    I hope this is something that can get hammered out. Mobile devices are key today.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 244,763, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,090
    Points
    244,763
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,999
    Given: 1,695

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    I'm getting it just to watch the non-conf bball games.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 44,284, Level: 65
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,142
    Points
    44,284
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 338

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    I apologize if this is easy to find on cyclones.tv's website, but I know the fanatics can be a great source of info. Any word if there will be mobile support (iphone/ipad) or PS3? That would really seal the deal for me...as our old computer is junk...so, we pretty much live off the ipad/iphone or work computers (very few games are from 8-5 on weekdays) :)

    If not, I think they should prioritize this....as I believe LOTS of cyclones out there would love that option.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 14,038, Level: 35
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StPaulCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Duh!
    Posts
    683
    Points
    14,038
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: Cyclones.TV

    I am almost certain that the intro video with John Walters said that it would available on any mobile device.


    "I'm proud to lead this program and this team in whatever we do. Whether it's a community service project, or through practice or winning a bowl game, but you don't do that without the kids believing and being all in, and going out there and accomplishing all [of] the goals and expectations that we set." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM