Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I will no longer criticize Hawk Fans

Last night at the stadium I came to the sad conclusion we have more than our share of fans that just don't know much about football and are clearly rooting for Mac and team to fail.

Hicks runs like I have never seen him before most of the game and the first time (and there was no hole) he stutter steps looking for one fans around me are ripping him. If Stevie runs like he did last night all year we will be good and he will get 1,000.

Meyer completes 8 passes in a row to start the game and the first miss people are ******** that he threw it behind him.

Special teams and turnovers give Toledo field position three times with a short field and we hold them to 23 points in regulation and people say our defense is horrible. We play the Skaldany contain and prevent defense which we also played last year at MU and NU which the scheme has our LB's playing off and people say we have lousy linebackers. Guys these guys are going to be very good. They close faster than any LB's we have had and it is not close. Wait until you see these guys in a game where the scheme isn't to "keep in front and let them make a mistake".

We didn't have a pass rush, yet when we needed it. When all they needed was 10 yards for a game winning field goal in the last 2 minutes of the game, our freshman came up with two game saving sacks and on the post game show fans are slamming our freshman saying they didn't live up to expectations.

Mac takes a great time out to force them to punt and risk a bad snap and us having field position for the win with 25 seconds left. They get a good snap so the smart play from your own 11 especially with the new clock rules is to run out the clock. 99% of coaches in country make same call yet our fans booed.

Do I where Cardinal colored glasses sometimes of course. That is what real fans do. Last night I was embarrassed by the behavior of our fans and no longer will I rip on Hawk fans for their episodes of lunacy

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Helluva post man...

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    We need more fans with this positive attitude. It is the negative crap that is what Jamie Pollard will always face in our fan base.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I agree with everything you typed. Some of the calls on the "Cyclone Reaction" call in show makes you wonder.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Over on CN the same type of thing is going on...there are posts titled "Why we almost lost tonight", etc.

Why is it...we have zero...not a single post titled..."Why we won tonight?"

Are we that much of a negative, pathetic fan base that we can't at least celebrate a win for 5 minutes?

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    While I did not hear the calls on "Cyclone Reaction", I thought the fans in my area were great. And I thought overall the fans were really good. Everyone stayed in their seat and kept cheering until the end of the 3rd OT.

Yeah there was some grumbling about "is this really happening again?" but I don't think that makes for a bad fan. I think that is a fan that cares and is passionate about the team.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Perhaps I should come sit near you....I don't have a problem with "is this really happening, it is the kinds of things I outlined and the comments on Cyclone Reaction, Things that are on this board and the fans in my area...

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by JCloned View Post
    Perhaps I should come sit near you....I don't have a problem with "is this really happening, it is the kinds of things I outlined and the comments on Cyclone Reaction, Things that are on this board and the fans in my area...
    Section 13...come on over!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by amyk33 View Post
    Section 13...come on over!
    Section 12 has a couple of sissy-baby-cry-whiners that call for D-Mac's head before the game even starts. So be careful as to where ya sit in Section 13.

Maybe a few of these jackazzes are posters on this boad....I could identify them pretty quick too!

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I am in D on west side

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 74
    The fans in my area got a little restless at times but overall were AMAZING. I sit in Section E20 and didn't sit down the ENTIRE GAME. And we didn't have to deal with old people telling us to sit down because THEY WERE STANDING TOO! I think our section is the "recent graduate" section because there are a lot of people my age (24) around us. It was nice not being the only one who was drunk as a skunk.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    CycloneWorld I was in the section to your left. I agree you section was on their feet...better than I have seen that section in past years.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    We too (Sec. 12) stood most of the game. We had some folks behind us that grumbled some...yet it wasn't anything major and I ignored them.

You come to the game to be INTO it...not sit and chat about your bowel movements to the person next to you or spend the whole night fighting with some bimbo you met the night before that happened to give you crabs.

We want our program to compete against the big boys. It's time we act like big boy, (and big girl) fans.

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    We too (Sec. 12) stood most of the game. We had some folks behind us that grumbled some...yet it wasn't anything major and I ignored them.

You come to the game to be INTO it...not sit and chat about your bowel movements to the person next to you or spend the whole night fighting with some bimbo you met the night before that happened to give you crabs.

We want our program to compete against the big boys. It's time we act like big boy, (and big girl) fans.
    Thanks for that!

I've been told to sit down before too, but our sections= was up most of the night. I can't wait for the Cardinal Rules shirts that specifically say I can stand the whole game.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6
    The student section was amazing last night -- besides Curvey's Rumble Return last year at the Colorado game, I've never heard it louder. I've at least never heard it so loud for a sustained period of time. I caught some video of Meyer's first TD run and the last play of the game by Toledo on my camera, hopefully I can upload it to YouTube later today.

Go Sssssssssyclones!