Thread: Dumb Question

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Dumb Question

When does the recruiting season end? Also what are the chances of us landing Ryan Bass?

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,405
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Re: Dumb Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cycloneman View Post
    When does the recruiting season end? Also what are the chances of us landing Ryan Bass?
    I think our chances of landing Bass has reduced greatly over the past month. However with the signing of Schwartz, Robinson there for at least two years after JJ Bass and Scales are gone, that position is not necessarily a NEED recruiting position this year. Considering all the positions on offense, the two positions that HS players can step in and contribute immediately are RB and WR if they got the skills...

If we get either Molina or Bates and lets hope we get Mack, i think they will try to then add at least one more WR maybe another Juco it would have been awesome to get Sanni or Brandon Green, but i don't think thats going to happen...probably Finney, who i think will grow into a tight end and be a weapon.

Then the recruiting of DT, DB, LB will heat up big time. Thats the area right now that we need athletes and playmakers to implement the aggressive D that Chiz and Bolt want...

Recruiting season will continue now through spring, in the next month, there should be a lot of visits and commits as HS football finishes up, these players begin to focus on getting a college selected....i think with 11 committments, were sitting in a really good spot because i have faith in our staff and their ability to judge talent.

K

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Is there a certain time during the recruiting process where we know how everything is going to pan out?

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Also is it true what I hear that as soon as we have commitment from someone that person looses a star on rivals.com?

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

You can't be certain of anything until signing day when the letters of intent are signed. I think that's in February. We have, in the past, had some of our recruits lose a star when they signed with us on rivals and/or scout. It would be hard to prove that signing with us is the reason, but it looks suspicious.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 788
    Given: 514

Sometimes you can have the number one recruiting class in 2005 and not get much. Ask kNu.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.