Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 41,275, Level: 62
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,463
    Points
    41,275
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 78
    Husker Hater

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,816
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Big loss for their D. 101 tackles and 4.5 sacks. That will hurt them against our crushing run game.



  3. #3
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 280,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,099
    Points
    280,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,838
    Given: 1,313

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    I actually hope Tulsa has a decent team so we get a fairly good test before we play Iowa.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 85,151, Level: 90
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,284
    Points
    85,151
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 51

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    I actually hope Tulsa has a decent team so we get a fairly good test before we play Iowa.
    People forget that northern Illinois was 11-1 the year we handled them pretty easily. (2010)



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 97,605, Level: 97
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,445
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,232
    Points
    97,605
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 0

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    No one, especially Tulsa, is an easy first game. We'll take every advantage they hand us.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 28,551, Level: 51
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,551
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 88

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    People forget that northern Illinois was 11-1 the year we handled them pretty easily. (2010)
    It was 17-10 in the 4th, I wouldn't say we "handled them pretty easily". Also, it should be noted that the QB that played for NIU against us didn't play QB for them the rest of the year. Given that he threw interceptions on 2 of their last 4 drives, starting the other guy (Harnish) very well could have made a huge difference.

    All that being said, I expect to beat Tulsa, but I also expect it to be close at some point in the second half. If it is a comfortable win, I think it bodes very well for the rest of the season.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 428,709, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,483
    Points
    428,709
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,373
    Given: 717

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    No one, especially Tulsa, is an easy first game. We'll take every advantage they hand us.
    Agreed. I for one wouldnt mind a relatively stress-free gameday to open the year this time.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 19,558, Level: 42
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,344
    Points
    19,558
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by ahaselhu View Post
    It was 17-10 in the 4th, I wouldn't say we "handled them pretty easily". Also, it should be noted that the QB that played for NIU against us didn't play QB for them the rest of the year. Given that he threw interceptions on 2 of their last 4 drives, starting the other guy (Harnish) very well could have made a huge difference.

    All that being said, I expect to beat Tulsa, but I also expect it to be close at some point in the second half. If it is a comfortable win, I think it bodes very well for the rest of the season.
    Northern Illinois fans HATED Harnish the year we played them. There was a QB battle between him and Grady and most of them breathed a sigh of relief when Grady won. I suspect the outcome would have been similar with Harnish playing.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 43,699, Level: 64
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Subs
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    43,699
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    No one, especially Tulsa, is an easy first game. We'll take every advantage they hand us.
    Agreed. I for one wouldnt mind a relatively stress-free gameday to open the year this time.
    I agree.



  10. #10
    Recruit
    Points: 6,324, Level: 23
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    110
    Points
    6,324
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Harnish was inserted a NIU quarterback later in the year and excelled. He then went on last year to have another excellent year and eventually was drafted. The Cyclones we lucky he was not the full time QB when we played NIU. After waching how well he played that year and the following year, I am not sure we would have won that game if he had played QB the entire game.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 28,551, Level: 51
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,551
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 88

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedCycloneRed View Post
    Harnish was inserted a NIU quarterback later in the year and excelled. He then went on last year to have another excellent year and eventually was drafted. The Cyclones we lucky he was not the full time QB when we played NIU. After waching how well he played that year and the following year, I am not sure we would have won that game if he had played QB the entire game.
    Harnish started the very next game, and Grady never threw another pass all season. I think its safe to say that NIU would have been much better off with Harnish starting rather than Grady.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 33,547, Level: 56
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    letsCYber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    U.S. of A.
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,547
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 53

    Re: Tulsa LB Suspended

    Thug.


    a/s/l?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM