Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 17

Take the W and move onto UNLV...

Some people are complaining about this win, but I say I'm happy to take the W and move onto UNLV.

Toledo is probably the best opening opponent we've had outside of Florida St, and we all know anything can happen in opening games as you are knocking the rust off and as a young team is learning.

On offense we still need a running game that can threaten to break off a big run at anytime, but all and all I love the way Meyer is playing.

On defense we are green, but I think we have great talent and will gel. I saw that we were there to make plays, but Toledo was making some great throws and catches, and we weren't making getting any QB pressure until late. Rashawn Parker looks like a great young talent.

The biggest step I saw was the transition from the coaches being conservative in close late games and OT that has been our achilles in recent years, as we all know. Then that 29 TD catch by Blythe in the 2nd OT turned on the light for the coaches. Finally they decided to take the metaphorical coveted collectible toy out of the shrink wrap, and go right back for the kill in the 3rd OT. I hope to see a lot more of this from the coaches now.

We will be much improved against UNLV. Looking forward to next Saturday night. Go Clones.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,326
    Given: 273
    Although I did not expect this to be the outcome of the game, I am happy we FINALLY have that overtime monkey off our back. I think we all knew Toledo was not going to be a pushover game by any means, they were a very good team, and I am excited to see how they will do against Kansas in a few weeks. We have alot of improving to do, but remember last year...I walked out of the Illinois State game with the same feeling in my stomich as I did last night, and we came out our next game with much improvement.

UNLV is going to be a much much easier game for us. Last night was a very good test for our team, and they did it! But man o man it feels good to win in OT!

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 65
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    Finally they decided to take the metaphorical coveted collectible toy out of the shrink wrap,
    I like.