Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DistrictCyclone

How about those Kansas City Royals?

Since ending their 12-game skid on April 25, the Royals are 13-6; that's the best record in the AL during that time. They haven't lost a series since then, are now just 5 games back of .500, and are within a game of Chicago in the standings. They were an out away from knocking off the Orioles tonight before Broxton blew the save (game's still on).

The Twins are far back in the rear-view, Detroit doesn't seem to have their **** together, and the AL Central overall is very weak--could the Royals finally do it this year? The bats seem to be alive, but I think they'd need some much better pitching to put together a run (the Nats have a surplus of starters and could use some offense in the outfield...just sayin').

I hope they can pull it off; there aren't many franchises more deserving of some success, and even fewer that have as good of fans. Go Royals!

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 924

Re: How about those Kansas City Royals?

love their stadium. saw them beat the Red Sox last year. oh for the Brett, Quiz, Saberhagen years

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Yeah... you've gotta love how they've bounced back since their losing streak. They're definitely going to need Paulino and Chen to continue to step up if they're going to have continued success... definitely too early to start talking about taking the central.

Also... Flaherty or w/e his name is never touched home plate!

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by j_crow View Post
    Yeah... you've gotta love how they've bounced back since their losing streak. They're definitely going to need Paulino and Chen to continue to step up if they're going to have continued success... definitely too early to start talking about taking the central.

He was definitely out.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

god damn you jinxing it. all this is going to do is get me excited, and then they will inevitably lose 14 of 16 in June.
    editors note: I have been a Royals fan for 20+ years.

also-how nice is it to see the Twins be the worst team in baseball with no help on the horizon and being stricken with the worst contract in baseball, that is going to cripple there team for years. After what they have done to us the past decade, lets take it to them.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    love their stadium. saw them beat the Red Sox last year. oh for the Brett, Quiz, Saberhagen years
    I have had to work with George Brett on several occasions and he is a world class *******. Most people that are in the know in KC can't stand him. He and my dad almost got in a fist fight.

Also Kevin Keitzmann tried to fight my dad in our driveway for all you KC people.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Tim Collins... almost makes the Kyle Farnsworth signing seem worth it. Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze something similar out of Broxton.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    god damn you jinxing it. all this is going to do is get me excited, and then they will inevitably lose 14 of 16 in June.
    editors note: I have been a Royals fan for 20+ years.

also-how nice is it to see the Twins be the worst team in baseball with no help on the horizon and being stricken with the worst contract in baseball, that is going to cripple there team for years. After what they have done to us the past decade, lets take it to them.
    The Royals haven't been to the playoffs while I've been alive... and I have an M.S. degree from Iowa State! That's a little taste of what it's like to be a Royals fan.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 924

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    I have had to work with George Brett on several occasions and he is a world class *******. Most people that are in the know in KC can't stand him. He and my dad almost got in a fist fight.Also Kevin Keitzmann tried to fight my dad in our driveway for all you KC people.
    well that sucks. I should have said Willie Wilson, John Wathan, Frank White.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Tim Collins... almost makes the Kyle Farnsworth signing seem worth it. Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze something similar out of Broxton.
    Broxton should have been traded yesterday, his value will never be as high. Crowe or Holland could close, and will probably be better.

Oh remember the Farnsworth closing, Scott Elerton starting days. I dios mio.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The Royals haven't been to the playoffs while I've been alive... and I have an M.S. degree from Iowa State! That's a little taste of what it's like to be a Royals fan.
    Yep this is why there is a generation of kids in KC who are BoSox or Yankees fans. The Royals losing has cost them an entire fanbase. I'm 29 and we moved to KC when we I was 8, so most of my life I have been a huge Royals fan, and never seen a playoff series.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 29

Anybody catch the guy in the top of the 13th inning screaming "NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE, FLAHERTY!!!" when he was up to bat???

Also, I agree that he never touched home plate. His foot skipped over the plate as he was tagged. Blown call, IMO.

Cyclones | Vikings | Royals | Red Wings

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 29

I believe their last trip to the playoffs was their '85 World Series title season....talk about a World Series Hangover!

Cyclones | Vikings | Royals | Red Wings

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

I just left the game in the 12th. They need to get his er to make contact and quit swinging for the fence. He's to good to be batting .170... IMO. The coaching decisions were great tonight until the closer wasn't getting it done and they stuck with him.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 1,046

It really sucks they lost Duffy for the year. The rotation was starting to look promising with Paulino back. Hopefully they can pull it out tonight, but I'm just hoping for a .500 season, progress from the young players, and no stupid deadline trades from Dayton.