Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 209

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 78

Re: Monday Musings: May 14, 2012 Edition

Chris,
    The person on Miller and Brinson you heard was John Crist formally of The Bear Report, now with Nole Digest.
    I was surprised by his comments.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

Well written about Rhoads, Chris. Too many people on this very board treated like he already had one foot out the door.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 35

Hey CW, hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi at the local hair salon while gossiping about conference realignment!! Hair salon?!?!?

Cyber hand pound!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,808
    Given: 1,514

By this point, CW, I have to believe that you're one of the actual experts in the nation at the way the realignment game is played. Not from pretend info like so many, but from observing it two years in a row and piecing things together.

You know the rhythm and meaning to things much better than the 'experts' out there. Somebody will figure that out soon enough.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 317

Interesting to read the FSU writer's big argument against joining the Big 12: ACC academics. What does the ACC have to do with academics? It is an athletic conference.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

Remember who ultimately makes realignment decisions not only at the conference level with who to invite, but at the university level with whether to accept: school presidents. Obviously, the Big 12 presidents would love to see FSU and Clemson join their league – I don’t dispute their interest in the Noles or Tigers for a second. What I continue to dispute is any supposed interest from Florida State UNIVERSITY and Clemson UNIVERSITY in joining the academically inferior Big 12. I have written about the prominent role academics plays in conference expansion previously and won’t belabor that point any further.

As much as many of you don’t want to admit it, football does not run the world. If this decision were left solely in the hands of FSU or Clemson’s athletic department or football team, they very well may go, fortunately, this decision will be made at a higher level on the university totem pole than Jimbo Fisher or Dabo Swinney.

This e-mail I received recently accurately reflects the perspective of a large group of Seminoles not heard from in this conversation, a group whose voice needs to be heard:

“Thank you for the blog post on "no FSU to Big 12." If you wanted to tighten up your points it could easily be said that FSU won't leave the ACC for three reasons: 1)Academics 2) Academics 3) Academics.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Interesting to read the FSU writer's big argument against joining the Big 12: ACC academics. What does the ACC have to do with academics? It is an athletic conference.

Remember who ultimately makes realignment decisions not only at the conference level with who to invite, but at the university level with whether to accept: school presidents. Obviously, the Big 12 presidents would love to see FSU and Clemson join their league – I don’t dispute their interest in the Noles or Tigers for a second. What I continue to dispute is any supposed interest from Florida State UNIVERSITY and Clemson UNIVERSITY in joining the academically inferior Big 12. I have written about the prominent role academics plays in conference expansion previously and won’t belabor that point any further.

As much as many of you don’t want to admit it, football does not run the world. If this decision were left solely in the hands of FSU or Clemson’s athletic department or football team, they very well may go, fortunately, this decision will be made at a higher level on the university totem pole than Jimbo Fisher or Dabo Swinney.

This e-mail I received recently accurately reflects the perspective of a large group of Seminoles not heard from in this conversation, a group whose voice needs to be heard:

“Thank you for the blog post on "no FSU to Big 12." If you wanted to tighten up your points it could easily be said that FSU won't leave the ACC for three reasons: 1)Academics 2) Academics 3) Academics.
    I thought academics was a player in the Big Ten expansion but........

Whether you think you can or think you can't;
    you are right. Henry Ford

Publisher
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 209

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneted View Post
    Hey CW, hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi at the local hair salon while gossiping about conference realignment!! Hair salon?!?!?

Cyber hand pound!
    You know it!

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post

Like the Board of Trustees?

Florida State Board of Trustees Chairman Andy Haggard's comments via Warchant.com.

"How do you not look into that option," asked Haggard. "On behalf of the Board of Trustees I can say that unanimously we would be in favor of seeing what the Big 12 might have to offer. We have to do what is in Florida State's best interest."