Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,790, Level: 96
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,186
    Points
    95,790
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    It appears FSU officials are trying to calm things down a bit after the feeding frenzy of fans and other involved in their possible inclusion into the Big 12. This seems typical of how the aTm and Mizzou rollercoaster went.

    http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...yssey=nav|head



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    I hope they stay out of that pool



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,790, Level: 96
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,186
    Points
    95,790
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    I hope they stay out of that pool
    It's amazing how this is similar to Mizzou. Whether the results are the same remains to be seen.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,436
    Points
    263,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 573

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    We have seen this before. Florida State doesn't want to look like the bad guy in all of this. It is obvious that they are unhappy in a "basketball" conference and with the ACC's new deal. I also think that FSU isn't thrilled about playing football in a weaker BCS League as it seems to have directly impacted FSU's product on the field and the national perception of FSU. As the ACC continues to gradually get weaker from year to year it seems as though FSU the premier program in the ACC has gradually gotten weaker as well. That is a trend that would change dramatically if FSU were to join the Big XII. Big time conference, big time games, big time programs, etc.... the people at FSU have to be excited about that possibility. A move like that could push FSU's football program back to it's past level of national prominence.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 20,388, Level: 43
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,512
    Points
    20,388
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    They want in the BigXII. Its obvious. They just want to save face in the off chance the Big 12 says no, since actual negotiations probably won't start until Bowlsby is officially in office.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 395,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,005
    Points
    395,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan987 View Post
    They want in the BigXII. Its obvious. They just want to save face in the off chance the Big 12 says no, since actual negotiations probably won't start until Bowlsby is officially in office.
    They do not want to look like another MO?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 165,485, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,886
    Points
    165,485
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 696
    Given: 561

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    We have seen this before. Florida State doesn't want to look like the bad guy in all of this. It is obvious that they are unhappy in a "basketball" conference and with the ACC's new deal. I also think that FSU isn't thrilled about playing football in a weaker BCS League as it seems to have directly impacted FSU's product on the field and the national perception of FSU. As the ACC continues to gradually get weaker from year to year it seems as though FSU the premier program in the ACC has gradually gotten weaker as well. That is a trend that would change dramatically if FSU were to join the Big XII. Big time conference, big time games, big time programs, etc.... the people at FSU have to be excited about that possibility. A move like that could push FSU's football program back to it's past level of national prominence.
    Even if the money were equal or the ACC was slightly more $...4 spots, and it's clearly the 5th strongest conference. Smart people know money matters, but getting in this playoff system is what will mean money down the road. If it expands to 8 teams it won't matter, then getting 2-3 teams every year will matter compared to 0-1 the ACC would usually get.

    It's that painfully simple. ACC would have got one of those 4 spots just one time in the last decade. People ride the Big Ten for being weak, but it has quite regularly had teams make the top 4 in comparison.

    If the SEC gets their way and a conference can get two teams in the 4 team playoff, then the ACC is pretty much completely obscure and their chance is even slimmer.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 25,895, Level: 49
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,445
    Points
    25,895
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Articles are coming out so fast. Developments by the half hour over at scout. Really interesting stuff...



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 559,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,304
    Points
    559,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 94

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer View Post
    Articles are coming out so fast. Developments by the half hour over at scout. Really interesting stuff...
    Especially while we are sitting here without a worry.




  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 25,895, Level: 49
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,445
    Points
    25,895
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Especially while we are sitting here without a worry.
    Truer words never spoken. I know this topic has been talked about plenty, but i have read probably 5 different articles about FSU this morning that I didn't repost here because who wants that many new threads. One that I posted in the mega thread basically says FSU wouldn't hack it in the big 12, which may or may not be true.
    But yes, it is a lot of fun to see this unfold without worrying about ISU's future.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 12,951, Level: 34
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    651
    Points
    12,951
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan987 View Post
    They want in the BigXII. Its obvious. They just want to save face in the off chance the Big 12 says no, since actual negotiations probably won't start until Bowlsby is officially in office.
    You can bet that once one side goes public, the negotiations have been hammered out in principle already. There are probably still a few hurdles to clear, but thinking that negotiations would be starting now is a bit naive.


    Texas Rangers - 2011 & 2010 American League Champions!

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 25,895, Level: 49
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,445
    Points
    25,895
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonestar12 View Post
    You can bet that once one side goes public, the negotiations have been hammered out in principle already. There are probably still a few hurdles to clear, but thinking that negotiations would be starting now is a bit naive.
    Which is interesting because FSU's AD is not at the ACC meetings today. He is at Airforce academy, and his flight back to the ACC has a connecting flight through Dallas.....
    Scout.com: FSU AD on a plane to Dallas tonight.....?



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,790, Level: 96
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,186
    Points
    95,790
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Look at it this way...what if Clemson, Maryland and VT left the ACC and FSU stayed. If the Big 12 if full, where do they go? The don't want to be last man on the ship, just like we didn't.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 165,485, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,886
    Points
    165,485
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 696
    Given: 561

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Especially while we are sitting here without a worry.
    Actually ISU is going to be kicked out of the Big 12, Texas/OU/KU are all going to join the Pac 12, or (my personal favorite) Bowlsby is going to cut a deal to give 1/3 of our teams to the Pac 12 so he can move east and still kick out ISU in the process.

    There are several hundred posts detailing all of this here:
    Bowlsby Vs. The ACC - HawkeyeNation Forum

    This issue is really drawing out the crazy. The non-crazy realize they just need to sit through ISU getting a big boost in silent annoyance, the crazy amp up their idiocy 1000% when faced with news like this.



  15. #15
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Florida State trying to calm the waters?

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    Actually ISU is going to be kicked out of the Big 12, Texas/OU/KU are all going to join the Pac 12, or (my personal favorite) Bowlsby is going to cut a deal to give 1/3 of our teams to the Pac 12 so he can move east and still kick out ISU in the process.

    There are several hundred posts detailing all of this here:
    Bowlsby Vs. The ACC - HawkeyeNation Forum

    This issue is really drawing out the crazy. The non-crazy realize they just need to sit through ISU getting a big boost in silent annoyance, the crazy amp up their idiocy 1000% when faced with news like this.
    Holy **** @ the number of "I don't understand why the Big 12 > ACC" comments...wow.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM