Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

It Didn't Look Like Happy Horsecrap to me

NO QB pressure w/out the blitz.
    LB's are unaware that they are part of the pass defense as well.

That could've been the most embarassing loss of the McCarney tenure, with all the hype surrounding the 1st game. Luckily, we pulled through, but I don't think it's happy horsecrap that we're gonna have to score a LOT to win games. Especially when we start playing good teams.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 251
    You are a a very bad broken record. How many times are you going to rip on D-Mac? How many times are you going to say the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again?

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

As many times as he deserves to be ripped on...OPEN YOUR EYES

If our team isn't up to par, I'll be sure to bite my tongue because I've said we haven't been up to par in the past.

This isn't the same thing, over and over. OPEN YOUR EYES my good man.

This was a specific post about a specific game. Your inability to see this is mind-boggling. I've ripped Mac in the past, but what's that got to do it? He's deserved to be ripped in every instance that I have. This one is no different.

If we come out and stink and don't play worth a crap, why should I say nothing? As a coach with his tenure, maybe I hold Mac to a slightly higher standard when many ISU fans don't even know what that word means.

Get off your high horse. Consistent I am. When he is worthy of some praise, I'll heap it on.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,862
    Given: 881
    They played a good team, on opening night of the season. This was a much better game than last years opener. The Cyclones looked like the better team for much of the game, but couldn't put it away. The defense will get better, but won't be at the top of the Big 12 by any stretch. Decent run defense though on the bright side. I think the OT win is a big hump that we needed to get over and could catapult them.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Ok...you ripped on him in the past for the inability to win in OT.

Didn't we just win a game in OT last night?

Open your eyes, Captain Pessimist.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 299
    Quote Originally Posted by CLONE2THEBONE View Post
    Agree 100%. The pass rush was terrible. I am encouraged by Parker's speed. Curvey was getting double teamed all night...He better get used to it.

That could've been the most embarassing loss of the McCarney tenure, with all the hype surrounding the 1st game. Luckily, we pulled through, but I don't think it's happy horsecrap that we're gonna have to score a LOT to win games. Especially when we start playing good teams.
    Most embarassing loss?!?! Are you kidding me? I'm fine with you criticizing the pass rush, LBs, etc. but to make a stupid statement like that is ridiculous. Have you forgotten Baylor, UCONN, KU?!?! Losing to a team who was 9-3 last year and who has beaten Pitt, Minnesota in years past wouldn't be THAT embarassing...Deflating yes, embarassing no.

I'm surprised you aren't questioning Mac's play calling too...Oh wait...he opened up the playbook and the offense was pretty much unstoppable. Or now are you going to give credit to Cotton???

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 195
    The game was what I expected. Offense looked great, defense is a work in progress. We all knew this coming into this game. I would say the lack of blitzing would be due to the fact Skladany didn't want to put his green secondary on an island. Sure we were conservative on defense, but I would rather be a little conservative than have our secondary get torched deep all night. Run defense was very good. Late in the ballgame and into OT we started putting more and more pressure on the QB, which was due to the fact that Skladany was growing more confident in the DB's. They will get better, hey, at least we won, in the past a game like this was a loss.

Go Cyclones!!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I must've missed it when Mac opened up the offense. From the paper today, Blythe had to beg for the ball on the sidelines. This is not the first time that this has happened. You may recall our last game against TCU when he was also begging for the ball.

It seems that everyone knows that Blythe has incredible talent---once in a decade type talent. I just don't understand why we don't use it more.

We won an OT game which was a huge step, you're right.

IT would've been the most embarassing in my eyes because of the fanfare and hoopla. Fireworks after a loss to a Mac team at home in your opener. That would rank right up there with Baylor and UConn in my eyes.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Let's take the W & move on. Lot's to things to work on, but who doesn't? Teams usually make the most improvements ALL YEAR between week 1 & 2. It definitely HELPED us by playing a quality team like Toledo, not to mention getting over the OT hump. Go Clones!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Can we get away from all the same B.S. excuses and just support these guys. We won the game and our defense will get much better between week 1 and week 2. We have a good offense and I believe our defense had the best long practice they could have to gain experience last night. If I have to listen to the following excuses anymore I'm gonna puke.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Can we get away from all the same B.S. excuses and just support these guys. We won the game and our defense will get much better between week 1 and week 2. We have a good offense and I believe our defense had the best long practice they could have to gain experience last night. If I have to listen to the following excuses anymore I'm gonna puke.
    Ditto at 100%.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Those excuses I was talking about are
    1. Why can't we throw to Blythe all game long
    2. Dan is just to conservative at play calling
    I listened to Blum's call in show last night and every fan has had this same crap to say for 3 years now. I thought Dan's play calling was a lot more aggressive than normal and with the pressure Meyer was getting in there it was hard to just launch it to Blythe every time. And we have to develop a running game and other aspects so why call the same play over and over. Get off Dan and start cheering because these guys are good talent wise and once they get some good experience they will be dangerous. I was just as frustrated last night as anyone, but it was because we had so many opportunities that I wished we would have snagged to put it away.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Must not be very far to Clonetothebones bones.... Fans like you who are never happy are why good coaches and AD's move on.

Walk On
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    :Happy:
    I for one thought it was FANTASTIC that for the 1st time in 10 years we won an overtime game. The defense will improve, yes, they made mistakes.
    This team showed HEART and desire to never give up.
    Toledo is a quality team and this is a quality win.

Offense - Will be great, no worries, a couple more tosses to the Todd B and the other WR's will be nice to see in the upcoming weeks.

Way to go State!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 127

Who in the hell do you think we played, some High School J.V. team???????? Toledo is a darn good football team and we got valuable experience that will make us successfull from here on out. I would much rather have the learning OUR players got last night then playing some Community barber shop school where we won 77-0.

:Confused: :Confused: :Confused: