Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Johnny Damon...

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 30,044, Level: 53
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,187
    Points
    30,044
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 87

    Johnny Damon...

    http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/vide...59911&c_id=mlb

    Anyone catch this highlight from yesterday's Cleveland/Chicago game? Damon has always been known to have a terrible arm, but this is ridiculous.

    Are there any other borderline HOF'ers that have had one terrible skill throughout their career? I was trying to come up with some but I couldn't think of many.

    Lance Berkman's speed came to mind. Mike Piazza's arm too.



  2. #2
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Jim Thome sucks at just about everything other than beating the **** out of the ball. Mickey Mantle could barely stand, let alone run the bases.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Holy **** now this is a thread. I'm thinking anyone that posts in this thread has a better arm than Johnny Damon.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 35,612, Level: 58
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,038
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUCY23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,910
    Points
    35,612
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 20

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Wow that was god awful


    "Watch out for the Cyclones. We comin," Korie Lucious.

  5. #5
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Yep count me as one who could out throw Mr. Damon... Those 2 years as A team quarterback in junior high, coupled with throwing 14 strikeouts in little league highlight my arm's resume...



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Yep count me as one who could out throw Mr. Damon... Those 2 years as A team quarterback in junior high, coupled with throwing 14 strikeouts in little league highlight my arm's resume...
    I was monster from 46 feet. Ain't gonna lie.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  7. #7
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    I almost wonder if he lost his grip on the ball or something. That throw barely made it into the infield, and he didn't even play it deep. So, so bad.



  8. #8
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    I almost wonder if he lost his grip on the ball or something. That throw barely made it into the infield, and he didn't even play it deep. So, so bad.
    Well for one thing he was throwing with the wrong arm



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 30,044, Level: 53
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,187
    Points
    30,044
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 87

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    I am by no means an athlete. If I was given 100 at bats in the big leagues, I would probably hit no better than .010, and my only chance to get a hit would be off a 65-mph fastball from Jamie Moyer.

    But, I guarantee if Damon and I were given the same 10 defensive plays in left, I could outthrow him on at least eight of those 10 plays. Heck, my mom could probably outthrow him on one or two.


    Last edited by JohnnyFive; 05-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.

  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 11,255, Level: 32
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    660
    Points
    11,255
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Jim Thome sucks at just about everything other than beating the **** out of the ball. Mickey Mantle could barely stand, let alone run the bases.
    Mickey Mantle was a classic five tool player until injuries took their toll. He could run like a deer and had a strong throwing arm. He hit for power and average...too bad he gave several years away because of injuries (and drinking).



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 73,814, Level: 84
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,036
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,621
    Points
    73,814
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 29

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Mickey Mantle was a classic five tool player until injuries took their toll. He could run like a deer and had a strong throwing arm. He hit for power and average...too bad he gave several years away because of injuries (and drinking).
    Mickey Mantle was a stud. After all, he was his generation's Bryce Harper.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 191,712, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    191,712
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,058
    Given: 612

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Mickey Mantle was a stud. After all, he was his generation's Bryce Harper.
    Do you mean Bryce Harper COULD BE this generations Mickey Mantle?


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    Do you mean Bryce Harper COULD BE this generations Mickey Mantle?
    Don't tell me you missed that thread.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 139,755, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hiawatha, IA
    Posts
    7,326
    Points
    139,755
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 458
    Given: 463

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Mickey Mantle was a classic five tool player until injuries took their toll. He could run like a deer and had a strong throwing arm. He hit for power and average...too bad he gave several years away because of injuries (and drinking).
    Mickey Mantle was a stud. After all, he was his generation's Bryce Harper.
    Oh I like this post!

    Clones21 also likes this post.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 97,079, Level: 97
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,971
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,930
    Points
    97,079
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 37

    Re: Johnny Damon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    Holy **** now this is a thread. I'm thinking anyone that posts in this thread has a better arm than Johnny Damon.
    With what I saw on that video, I'm assuming most people on CF have a better arm than Johnny Damon. And no, I did not want a Jimlad on here.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM