Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 6

More possible recruits for 07

These are guys that are not in the top 150 but stil have interest in iowa state
    ( * = stars...according to rivals)

Devin Ebanks**** 6-8/175 PF Medium interest (High interest on UCONN & FL)
    Woody Orne*** 6-6/230 PF Medium interest (all in-state schools at med.)
    Arthur Steward*** 6-4/200 SG/SF Medium interest (no offers yet)
    Jeese Woodard*** 5-11/170 PG Medium Interest (has offers From Iowa State & USC Floyd will prob get him dew to the death)

Jacob Pullen 6-1/175 PG High interest (8 teams are in High interest..4 have offered..no offer from ISU)
    Tyler Sash 6-1/190 PG High interest Iowa vs ISU on the High interest correct me if i am wrong but i think he is also a fball playa
    Demarcus Grady 6-2/185 SG Medium Interest
    Blake Hoffurber 6-4/185 SG Medium interest
    Noah Dahlman 6-6/175 SF Medium interest (also has UNI as Med.)
    Chris Taylor 6-7/205 SF Medium interest
    Jon Leuer 6-9/215 PF Medium interest
    Brandon Walters 6-8/200 PF Medium interest (also has Fl at Med)

So that sums up my recruits for 07

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Walk On Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: More possible recruits for 07

Devin Ebanks**** 6-8/175 PF Medium interest (High interest on UCONN & FL)

does that say 6'8'' and 175 lbs? i've seen thicker kites in my life....this kid would blow away in that winter wind in ames....

the lonely cyclone in husker country

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

That is quite an underwhelming list.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 127

The list is actually pretty deep considering how early it is in the process. Those are just the earliest contacts that have been made and some are not going to get much further looks. Also remember that their rankings are very likely to fluctuate as time passes.

This list has some players that the biggest of teams are looking at, i.e. Duke, Kansas, UNC, Florida, etc. I would say that GMAC is off to a great start. If you want to really judge what he can do, you have to look at the 08-09 class since they are the players that no school has really contacted much yet.

For the 08-09 class, almost every player I have heard discussed is currently being looked at by the top 5-10 programs in the country. That is a pretty good group to be lumped in with this early in GMAC's tenure.

One also has to keep in mind that player star rankings are much like a popularity contest. Cory Johnson is a great example, if he was no different of a player but signed with Kansas, he would easily be a four star recruit. Since he has been off the block for so long, he is reduced a star and since he is going to ISU, he is thought even less of. He is easily a 4* player by all accounts. Another example is Taggart, he was a 4-5* recruit that played like a 2* at best.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 11

Let people like discombobulated worry about the rankings. GMac doesn't need them.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The list is actually pretty deep considering how early it is in the process. Those are just the earliest contacts that have been made and some are not going to get much further looks. Also remember that their rankings are very likely to fluctuate as time passes.

This list has some players that the biggest of teams are looking at, i.e. Duke, Kansas, UNC, Florida, etc. I would say that GMAC is off to a great start. If you want to really judge what he can do, you have to look at the 08-09 class since they are the players that no school has really contacted much yet.

For the 08-09 class, almost every player I have heard discussed is currently being looked at by the top 5-10 programs in the country. That is a pretty good group to be lumped in with this early in GMAC's tenure.

One also has to keep in mind that player star rankings are much like a popularity contest. Cory Johnson is a great example, if he was no different of a player but signed with Kansas, he would easily be a four star recruit. Since he has been off the block for so long, he is reduced a star and since he is going to ISU, he is thought even less of. He is easily a 4* player by all accounts. Another example is Taggart, he was a 4-5* recruit that played like a 2* at best.
    [/b][/quote]

If you say so. The recruits GMac is after, does not look all that good. I think it will look even worse once some of the WM recruits get taken off the list.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Let people like discombobulated worry about the rankings. GMac doesn't need them.
    [/b][/quote]
    He is just that damn good. It sounds to me that kool aid drinkers like you believe he could win the big 12 with 3 walk-ons, that 3-poijnt shooting manager from fla. and emmanuelle lewis running the point. There is a reason people get excited when thier team pulls in a high level recruit, wanna know why?CAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY PRETTY GOOD PLAYERS. the 3 and under star crowd that mcd is in on is exactly the players that a team like UNI, Drake is after, and we will suck so bad in your 3 years that the flow of the skunk river will turn north due to that great vaccum effect.
    Just because a player claims interest from a school does not make it so. I know people who got letters from USC, fla, fsu, miami, etc. in football. Guess where they ended up playing. UNI.

Let the bid to become the newest conf. USA team begin

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 115

What do you, discombobulated, want from GMac? I'm not drinking koolaid but am willing to see his product on the court before I become judgemental.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

What do you, discombobulated, want from GMac? I'm not drinking koolaid but am willing to see his product on the court before I become judgemental.
    [/b][/quote]
    what I want (its too late now), I wanted a NATIONAL coaching search. I want to recruit nationally. I wanted him too keep Most of the team together. I wanted to keep 2 of three incoming recruits. I want to never see sash or dahlman on any list for basketball that lists our interest in them. I would like to see some of the 4 star studs WM had already opened the door for be still interested, I mean if he is a great coach and recruiter, all he should need is to get into the door. I never want to see us even think of offering someone mcd was recruiting while at UNI, unless he has just blown up over the summer or something.
    I have seen his product on the court. It was slow, and unless they were hitting three's boring. He had his teams be in the upper tier of a mid major, but never the team to beat. He is good for a few upsets a year, but only early in the season, when major programs are still learning to play as a team, and he has a roster full of seniors. That is what I have seen in the past, and until he proves me wrong, why should I believe that his change in scenary should make him into the awesome coach and recruiter some believe he already is. Well, "his players may not be the most talented", and after clark we may not ever see another NBA draft pick, "but they will play with heart", is not something to be all positive about in my opinion. I never want to see the attitude that Gmac doesn't need highly ranked recruits. Like huggins, drew, barnes, knight, et al are terrible coaches and despite thier dominate talent, we will run circles around them night in and night out.
    fair enough?

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 37

No sense arguing with discombobulated, he will never be happy with the basketball program. I feel he may come around when the basketball team gets into the dance and wins some games. I do, however, agree that the list is underwhelming and would hope we have our eye on some bigger potential players.

Go Cyclones!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 11

Dear Discombobulated,

McDermott has a completely different attitude towards coaching than Morgan, and the players can immediately see this. How could you NOT expect him to lose some of them? Could any disciplinarian coach have kept them? I say no, not after Morgan. The program was already in turmoil, seeing how the two best players declared for the draft and Carr quit the team in frustration. Is this what you call player retention? McDermott inherited this situation and immediately went to work. You say he can't recruit nationally, but he went and got the best juco player out of California and a solid shooting guard from Florida. Now you say he can't recruit 4 star recruits, but you haven't given him any time in which to do so. The big names were already committed to other programs before he even started. How is it fair to criticize him for that?

You view yourself as a realist, but your expectations are anything but realistic. I honestly think you're just sour that we hired McDermott in the first place, so he has absolutely NO leeway in your eyes. You will never give him the benefit of the doubt. You should be angry at Pollard... not McDermott.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I am angry at pollard, believe that. He started out on a lie (national coaching search), as did mcd. Mcd said that he was going to change his style of play to adapt to the players, then he didn't. WB and CS may have declared for the draft, but neither was sure to go until after meeting with mcd. carr I will say was for sure gone. Taggs, westbrook, degand, they all wanted to stay, but mcd didn't allow that, for whatever reason. He had ins with some stud recruits for next year since the door was opened by WM, and I hope we still have a shot, however I really don't see any of them coming. This list of potential recruits is far less than exciting, there doesn't appear to be an instant impact player in the group, and we will need some of that after clark leaves.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>discombobulated
    [/b][/quote]

Your an idiot.. The guy has not even coached a game yet and you are all over him.. Your compaint is rediculous.. How about when that mid major put a 30 point whipping on us 2 years ago???

Clones Rule

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Morgan was 2-1 over GMAC.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>discombobulated
    [/b][/quote]

Your an idiot.. The guy has not even coached a game yet and you are all over him.. Your compaint is rediculous.. How about when that mid major put a 30 point whipping on us 2 years ago???
    [/b][/quote]

Way to attack him personally. Good job. Should I call you an idiot for supporting GMac before he has coached a game? If you have to resort to name-calling perhaps you should take a small break from posting. I'm not telling you what to do, merely a suggestion. Have a very nice day. :)