Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Thumbs up Clone Zone - WOW!!

Except for Big 12 MBB, most winter sports events, home and away, are going to be on the Zone. There seems to be no attempt to distinguish in-state and out-of-state subscribers - seemingly assuming that the Zone will not keep people from buying tickets or attending games. The videoboard feed is a little awkward, but, when they carry the radio broadcast, it is a good show. Factor in regular coach and player interviews and it is a real value.

Clone Zone To Web Cast 40 Winter Events - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Rookie
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 30

Re: Clone Zone - WOW!!

Our cyclone website is ok but when South Florida and Rutgers played a couple Thursdays ago I turned to the Rutgers website and listened to the game for free. They were not showing the game but had dang good graphics to go along with the radio feed. Funny how impressed with a school you become if they are easy to work with. Oh by the way, Rutgers is the ag school in N.J., just like Auburn is the ag school in Alabama, I always root for the ag school in each state.

:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 0

Rutgers is an Ag school? Isn't it in the middle of Newark?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 628

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Rutgers is an Ag school? Isn't it in the middle of Newark?
    Michigan St, an Ag school, is in East Lansing (Lansing/Detroit metro areas). That's pretty urban IMO.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Splendid View Post
    Our cyclone website is ok but when South Florida and Rutgers played a couple Thursdays ago I turned to the Rutgers website and listened to the game for free. They were not showing the game but had dang good graphics to go along with the radio feed. Funny how impressed with a school you become if they are easy to work with. Oh by the way, Rutgers is the ag school in N.J., just like Auburn is the ag school in Alabama, I always root for the ag school in each state.
    I guess this may be my new process when watching a game I am indifferent on. Go Ag schools.

On another note I planned on getting rid of clone zone after the Toledo game, but watching the replays during the week is nice and having the winter sports on will also be good so I am keeping mine for the couple bucks a month.

Last edited by cloneu; 10-25-2007 at 12:44 PM.
    Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Even in a rural state like Iowa, if the doctors and lawyers go to one school and the ag kids go to another school, the fans of the doctors and lawyers seem to look down their noses at the ag school. Funny how high and mighty those doctors and lawyers would be if we were not feeding them. Thus my allegiance to the ag schools, plus the girls are hotter at the ag schools.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Michigan St, an Ag school, is in East Lansing (Lansing/Detroit metro areas). That's pretty urban IMO.
    Umm East Lansing is not really urban. It is a city yes, but it is a long ways from Detroit. That is like Saying Columbia Missouri is part of KC.

You are probably thinking UM, which is in Ann Arbor, that is Detroit.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 61

Interesting that out of ISU's 7 colleges, Ag has the 2nd least amount of numbers just ahead of Design. Does that make us a Liberal Arts & Sciences school then?...

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

Even in a rural state like Iowa, if the doctors and lawyers go to one school and the ag kids go to another school, the fans of the doctors and lawyers seem to look down their noses at the ag school. Funny how high and mighty those doctors and lawyers would be if we were not feeding them. Thus my allegiance to the ag schools, plus the girls are hotter at the ag schools.
    Sweet, so you're a Gator fan too!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

Ummm you went to Iowa State right? No one that went there will claim the girls were hotter than the ones at Iowa.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    Except for Big 12 MBB, most winter sports events, home and away, are going to be on the Zone. There seems to be no attempt to distinguish in-state and out-of-state subscribers - seemingly assuming that the Zone will not keep people from buying tickets or attending games. The videoboard feed is a little awkward, but, when they carry the radio broadcast, it is a good show. Factor in regular coach and player interviews and it is a real value.

Clone Zone To Web Cast 40 Winter Events - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

9 of the MBB team's non-conference games are on Clone Zone which complements the ESPN Full Court schedule which has nearly all of our Big 12 games on it.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The Morrill Act of 1862 set aside federal funds for each state to study agriculture relevent to its location. ISU is the first land grant university in the country and Morrill Hall is named for the act, that building is over 150 years old. So UC Berkley in Ca., UF in Fl., UK in Kentucky, UW in Wisc., OSU in Ohio, LSU in La., Purdue, these are some of the good guys. Doctors and lawyers can sue each other and grow their own gardens.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 128

i think you are reading way too much into professions...the majority of iowa fans have nothing to do with doctors and lawyers just as the majority of isu fans are not farmers. It sounds like you have a problem with doctors and lawyers. I don't know about lawyers but doctors go to a lot of school, work horrible hours, have to listen to the rest of us complain their whole lives and really don't make that great of income for their intelligence and training since most of them would make a lot more going into business. I for one am thankful they sacrifice a lot of family time and sleep to be their when I need them regardless of where they went to school. Now lawyers...that is completely different. I think it is interesting how self important people in the farming industry are and seem to think we should all bow down to them for raising animals and crops despite how much they pollute our air and water. Plus think how high and mighty they would be if the rest of us weren't subsidizing them with our tax money.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Ummm you went to Iowa State right? No one that went there will claim the girls were hotter than the ones at Iowa.
    I would say they are not less hot if that makes a difference. Plus ISU girls are not as stuck up as most UI girls. Not all but most.

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

DId you see the Register last week with the headline' 100,000 people are killed each year due to staff infection alone? That is were they don't disinfect the knife they carve you up with before surgury. That is 2x as many dead as the whole Vietnam war combined. Stay away from the doctors my friend, you will live longer.

You make it sound like farmers are rubbing your nose in their prosperity, last time I looked they weren't making shows on tv about farmers sex lives like all the soaps or Greys Anamoty.