Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 129

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

Re: Monday Musings: 5-7 Edition

Reading between the lines..... we're done in basketball recruiting. The team we have currently is who we'll have in November

Publisher
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Reading between the lines..... we're done in basketball recruiting. The team we have currently is who we'll have in November
    Not what I meant to imply. I think that Iowa State has a legitimate shot at Uthoff. I really. Much more realistic than landing Lockett considering those circumstances.

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Not what I meant to imply. I think that Iowa State has a legitimate shot at Uthoff. I really. Much more realistic than landing Lockett considering those circumstances.
    don't forget Pelle

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    don't forget Pelle

Not forgetting him...I just don't see it happening. Who knows though?

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Chris...on your comment about Eric Church and his brain fart, did you also find Shelton and Lambert's comments to also be true?

After the issue came out, Lambert and Shelton took to Twitter to air their grievances. Shelton linked to a post reporting on Church's comments, adding "I wish I misunderstood this . . .," and Lambert, who rose to fame on the country singing competition Nashville Star, tweeted, "Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist." Lambert noted that fellow stars Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Kelly Clarkson also broke through on similar shows, and she sarcastically wrote, "You're welcome for the tour in 2010," referring to his stint opening up for her shows that year.

Read more: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton Blast Eric Church for Anti-'Voice' Comments | Music News | Rolling Stone

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

I guess that was a little extreme, but I'm certainly not getting a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings with Uthoff.

My gut tells me that we are done, but I hope I'm wrong.

We're going to need a HUGE 2013 class. We'll have 6 scholarships available at a minimum assuming Bubu stays on scholarship the entire time...

Last edited by acgclone; 05-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BooneCy View Post
    Chris...on your comment about Eric Church and his brain fart, did you also find Shelton and Lambert's comments to also be true?

After the issue came out, Lambert and Shelton took to Twitter to air their grievances. Shelton linked to a post reporting on Church's comments, adding "I wish I misunderstood this . . .," and Lambert, who rose to fame on the country singing competition Nashville Star, tweeted, "Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist." Lambert noted that fellow stars Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Kelly Clarkson also broke through on similar shows, and she sarcastically wrote, "You're welcome for the tour in 2010," referring to his stint opening up for her shows that year.

Read more: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton Blast Eric Church for Anti-'Voice' Comments | Music News | Rolling Stone
    Yeah. I saw all of that. I love Miranda Lambert. She's my favorite female artist of all-time actually. But Church is right about these shows in general (not specific artists). It gives people the idea that you can just show up on TV one day, become a famous musician and sail off into the sunset which is ridiculous. That was his point IMO.

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 570
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 114

Chris, no drama with this bachelorette?

Wasn't this the same girl who claimed to be engaged/got knocked up by to a guy who was already engaged then was given an "engagement ring" by his parents after he died to maintain a relationship with their grandson?

ABC picked her for a reason... baggage. There will be plenty of crying/fighting/whining/more crying on this season.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    Chris, no drama with this bachelorette?

Wasn't this the same girl who claimed to be engaged/got knocked up by to a guy who was already engaged then was given an "engagement ring" by his parents after he died to maintain a relationship with their grandson?

ABC picked her for a reason... baggage. There will be plenty of crying/fighting/whining/more crying on this season.
    Wow. You know A LOT about this Bachelorette! Had no clue.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 107

Yeah. I saw all of that. I love Miranda Lambert. She's my favorite female artist of all-time actually. But Church is right about these shows in general (not specific artists). It gives people the idea that you can just show up on TV one day, become a famous musician and sail off into the sunset which is ridiculous. That was his point IMO.
    I havent watched season 2 of the voice, but i watched season 1. I certainly wouldntve gotten that idea. A lot of the artists were established performers that had merely not gotten their big shot at exposure. There are a ton of great artists out there that only differ from the ones that hit the big time in how lucky they were to get a big break, which a show like this can provide.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I havent watched season 2 of the voice, but i watched season 1. I certainly wouldntve gotten that idea. A lot of the artists were established performers that had merely not gotten their big shot at exposure. There are a ton of great artists out there that only differ from the ones that hit the big time in how lucky they were to get a big break, which a show like this can provide.
    True but there's the other side to that as well. For instance, I have a family friend who is a phenomenal artist. Worked her *** off in Nashville for years. She's better than I'd say over half of the people I've seen on American Idol over time. She tried out for Idol but was turned down because she was "too seasoned."

How much sense does that make?

For a guy like Church, who worked clubs for next to nothing for years, I can see how shows like that drive him crazy.

Point is, it's damn hard to get on those shows. I'm not saying they don't serve a purpose. But I think they represent a short cut to a lot of people out there when that isn't actually the case.