Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Can We Redshirt Blythe Again? IF Darwin is right, Blythe will fall off...

Use it or lose it.

It would seem to me that we wanted to redshirt him prior to the overtime. We never threw to him. Don't bring attn to him, or the powers that be at the NCAA will realize he played in a game.

Throw him the FREAKIN' ball every play. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, he is the most talented receiver we've had in the HISTORY OF IOWA STATE, yet we don't feature him.

This is my biggest knock on Dan. Surely, someone has to realize that he's very, very talented--easily the most dominant player on the field. Why don't we get him the ball more????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it because he's covered sometimes? Oh, well throw it to him anyway because this is when he really excels. The first TD pass to him was garbage but he made it look easy. The 2nd was a great pass, but he was covered like a glove. Doesn't matter. This guy makes the play EVERY SINGLE TIME. Why don't we use him more? WHY?????????????????????????????????

Right now, we have Jerry FREAKIN' Rice on our team and we're using him like he's a wedge breaker on special teams.

In case you can't tell, this disgusts me. Had we actually THROWN HIM THE BALL against TCU, we would've won by 2 touchdowns.

We just had to go 3 OT's against an average Toledo team. Kudos for actually winning....but.....

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 23
    I agree, Blythe should be the number one target, followed by Flynn. We should be hearing "Meyer to Blythe..Touchdown!" at least, what do you think, two, three times a game?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 12
    Even though he was a ghost during the whole game, he came up big in OT and thats why he is the best WR in Iowa State history.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Two times at a minimum.

I was very disappointed in the D. Their receiver was wide-open on the final play, but the QB was late getting him the ball. Our pass defense was horrid at times.

Stevie hit the hole hard tonight, but didn't have any real moves after he was through the hole. This will continue to be a problem and I was disappointed that he whiffed on a couple blocks tonight, one for a big sack. Throwing some youth in there would've been nice, but it was a luxury we couldn't afford tonight.

I was very pleased with Austin tonight. Workman like effort.

We seemed to have 3 or 4 personal foul, late-hit calls that COULD'VE been called on us, but weren't. This needs to be corrected because every game won't be at home.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I think a lot of the problem was with our front four. They didn't get any penetration. Cochran had all day to throw the ball

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 12
    How many times did Toledo do that play action roll out and every one bit on it and the TE was WIDE open almost every time. You would think that at halftime that they could make some adjustments but I just didnt see any improvement. I actually think the defense got worse after halftime.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Even though he was a ghost during the whole game, he came up big in OT and thats why he is the best WR in Iowa State history.
    He was a ghost during the game because Meyer never threw him the ball. That doesn't make him the best receiver in ISU history. What makes him the best is the fact that he's unstoppable IF SOMEONE THROWS HIM THE BALL.

I really think that Meyer is over-rated. The fact that he doesn't throw the ball to Todd more shows that he either doesn't have a very high football IQ or that he has been told not to force the ball to Todd.

This is the exact opposite message that should be sent by the coaching staff. The message should be: "Throw it to Blythe...even if he's covered."

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    At least throw the ball high, Blythe will win most of those jump ball situation

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I agree about the lack of defensive adjustments.

The tight end KILLED US, yet he seemed to get better and less attention from the defense. I thought for sure that we would take #91 out of the mix after half, but we seemed to do the opposite. Not believing what we saw and wanting to confirm that he was killing us over 30 more minutes of football.

This was a very frustrating game.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Blythe will win ALL of those jump situations unless Mutumbo is playing cornerback.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 86
    Meyer overrated???? the kid just played the best game (in my opinion) of his career. He was on all night, ran the ball better than he did at ANY point last year, and was just straight up clutch when we needed him to be. I was VERY impressed by Meyer tonight.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I second that, I thought that Meyer for the most part played really well. The playcalling was really conservative. I really don't like them running Meyer that much. Fortunately he never got hit really hard, but I dont' think you want to do that all year long. He needs to throw the ball to Blythe more often

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I agree he had a good game, but we talk of him as if he's Joe Montana. I want his decision making to improve. More specifically, the decisions to not throw Blythe the ball. I feel that we're wasting him. I really do.

Throw Blythe the ball!!!!!!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Although it was pretty successfull all night, I don't need to see many more QB draws with Meyer. We ran 47,000 of them last year, so I'm sure there are more in store, but eventually he's going to get slobberknockered and then we risk blowing a RS on Arnaud.

We have a good RB and what should be a great passing game. Let's run the QB draw 2-3 times a game and make do with the other aspects of our offense.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I'm out for the night, but let me take a moment to say:

THROW BLYTHE THE FREAKING BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DUMB ARE WE?????????????????????//

Please. I beg you.