Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 26

TOP PLAY ON SPORTSCENTER!!!

sweetness.. i was watching sportscenter and todd blythe's one handed catch is the top play!!!

GO CYCLONES!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 19
    which one of his catches was one handed???

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 21
    sweetness.. i was watching sportscenter and todd blythe's one handed catch is the top play!!!
    I agree, that was sweet! ...but why can't we throw to Todd more often? At 6'-5" he can pretty much out-leap the safety. Which should result in either a completed catch, or defensive pass interferense.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Agree, somebody who has the ear of McCarney need to tell him to throw Blythe the d*** ball

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Is this clip online yet? Anyone have a link?

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 40
    Quote Originally Posted by conmebul View Post
    Agree, somebody who has the ear of McCarney need to tell him to throw Blythe the d*** ball

LOL, there was a guy two rows in front of me who screamed "Throw Blythe the d*** ball!" not even 5 seconds before his first TD.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    wow this is scary, we have a group of people on this site stating for a fact that this is going to be the best Iowa State team ever, and so we start the season by beatin a MAC pretender in double overtime, after leading the game by 12 points in the third quarter. We luck out, and overcome our horrible coaching (QB draw anyone), adn all people can say is we were the top play on Sportscenter.
    Whoo hoo, you know how you get on sportcenter of ESPN in general for that matter, have a strong program that goes to bowl games that matter every year.
    Can we PLEASE sack up and actually demand something of our teams??? Are we as ISU fans that conditioned to accept this garbage???
    Jeremy, you need to be a leader and tell it like it is.That was a garbage performance tonight, and we should expect better.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Addict
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by darts180 View Post
    wow this is scary, we have a group of people on this site stating for a fact that this is going to be the best Iowa State team ever, and so we start the season by beatin a MAC pretender in double overtime, after leading the game by 12 points in the third quarter. We luck out, and overcome our horrible coaching (QB draw anyone), adn all people can say is we were the top play on Sportscenter.
    Whoo hoo, you know how you get on sportcenter of ESPN in general for that matter, have a strong program that goes to bowl games that matter every year.
    Can we PLEASE sack up and actually demand something of our teams??? Are we as ISU fans that conditioned to accept this garbage???
    Jeremy, you need to be a leader and tell it like it is.That was a garbage performance tonight, and we should expect better.
    Just shut up. A win is a win. There are A LOT of positives that came out of this game, like, uh, I don't know....A WIN IN OVERTIME!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    I was watching the highlights on ESPN, and I didn't notice this at the game from the angle I was at (50 yard line, Row 15, Section 25), but Hopkins was wide open AGAIN on the last play!!!

Just pathetic...

Passing: 124/273, 1560 yds, 8 TDs
    Rushing: 441 yds, 3 TDs
    Receiving: 98 Rec, 1106 yds, 3 TDs

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 40
    I just saw the recap of the game on ESPN, and they said that Blythe was from Ames. It'd be nice if they could get their crap together.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 151
    These are games we would have lost in the past. While I wish we would have won by 20, we didn't. But we did get great experience playing in clutch situations already.

Also, do you remember Illinois State last year? Everyone had this "the sky is falling" mentality...and then we beat #8 Iowa.

Calm down, things will be fine. The defense does scare me a little though...

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Simmer down now!

You're probably one of those crazy bitter fans that scares everybody around him at the game because you spend more time cursing the team than cheering for them. RELAX! We won (in OT) so enjoy it. I'm sure MAC knows what to work on so let him worry about that. As a fan, you have the luxury of sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the win.

I have a feeling that won't be the last time we see Blythe on the Top 10. The dude is a stud!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208
    Quote Originally Posted by nccyclone View Post
    You're probably one of those crazy bitter fans that scares everybody around him at the game because you spend more time cursing the team than cheering for them. RELAX! We won (in OT) so enjoy it. I'm sure MAC knows what to work on so let him worry about that. As a fan, you have the luxury of sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the win.
    I agree 100%. Maybe this guy is the ***** I had sitting a couple rows behind me...that started ripping on D-Mac before the game even started. By the middle of the 3rd quarter I'd had enough and politely asked him to "shut the hell up or take your whining someplace else". Fans around me hollered "It's about time!" and "Yes, please do that!". We did not hear too much from him after that, although he did not shut his yap completely.

If you want to arm-chair coach and QB...go home and sit in a chair with arms. If you want to root for your teamd and help them win...no matter how they are playing...come to the game.

It's pathetic that this thread was started about a single play...a spectacular one no less...and we've got some azz-clown that feels the need to turn it into a p*ssing party.

Quote Originally Posted by nccyclone View Post
    I have a feeling that won't be the last time we see Blythe on the Top 10. The dude is a stud!
    All hail TB!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Did anyone mention that we should THROW #1 THE BALL?!!!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 44
    wow this is scary, we have a group of people on this site stating for a fact that this is going to be the best Iowa State team ever, and so we start the season by beatin a MAC pretender in double overtime, after leading the game by 12 points in the third quarter. We luck out, and overcome our horrible coaching (QB draw anyone), adn all people can say is we were the top play on Sportscenter. .
    First of all get your stats right.. 3 overtimes. Second of all quit your whining, there are plenty of other threads that were started talking about what we did wrong and things that we definitely need to improve on, and out of all of those, you chose to come in here and rip on the team, instead of congradulating #1 on his AMAZING catch that practically won us the game. Go home and never come back.