Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,523, Level: 43
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,517
    Points
    20,523
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Per Jamie Pollard
    https://twitter.com/#!/IASTATEAD/sta...84546780155904

    "Welcome Commissioner Bowlsby. Great hire! Worked closely with him during my time at UW. The 1st of many big changes for the Big 12."



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 149,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,856
    Points
    149,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 39

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Initially I didn't think this would be a good hire but after thinking about his experience at Iowa and Stanford, I think this is a great improvement and he will help add stability to the big 12.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 12,240, Level: 33
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    203
    Points
    12,240
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeclone View Post
    Initially I didn't think this would be a good hire but after thinking about his experience at Iowa and Stanford, I think this is a great improvement and he will help add stability to the big 12.
    Or..... I hate this hire, but now I want to save face. Knowing a hawkeye is running the conference is pathetic!



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 277,461, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,196
    Points
    277,461
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,152
    Given: 224

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Welcome to 15 hours ago.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 149,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,856
    Points
    149,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 39

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    Or..... I hate this hire, but now I want to save face. Knowing a hawkeye is running the conference is pathetic!
    Obviously Iowa was a stepping stone for bigger and better things



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 139,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    139,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 259

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    "@DanBeebe: Direct Message to the Stanford Tree: You guys need an AD that knows how to party like you do. Call me."



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 139,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    139,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 259

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeclone View Post
    Initially I didn't think this would be a good hire but after thinking about his experience at Iowa and Stanford, I think this is a great improvement and he will help add stability to the big 12.
    Or..... I hate this hire, but now I want to save face. Knowing a hawkeye is running the conference is pathetic!
    He's a Pyaaanther too!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 83,101, Level: 89
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,981
    Points
    83,101
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    I think his connections in the NCAA will help the conference a lot. It seems that leaks from the BCS/playoff meetings that there is some backlash to Delaney and Larry Scott Rose Bowl demands, so having a guy in there like Bowlsby fighting for us would only be a good thing.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 558,797, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,490
    Points
    558,797
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 167

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Well his relationships with the Big Ten and Pac-12 will help during the BCS changes to keep Mike Slive from getting everything he (the SEC) wants.




  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 51,522, Level: 70
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,028
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,711
    Points
    51,522
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 514
    Given: 700

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    I LOVE this move. So what if he's a former hawkeye? He's still an Iowan. Would you rather have another Texas puppet? If Jaime thinks it's a great hire, I'm all in.




  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 113,206, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,408
    Points
    113,206
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 594
    Given: 498

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan987 View Post
    Per Jamie Pollard
    https://twitter.com/#!/IASTATEAD/sta...84546780155904

    "Welcome Commissioner Bowlsby. Great hire! Worked closely with him during my time at UW. The 1st of many big changes for the Big 12."
    More teams possibly?


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 175,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,421
    Points
    175,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,409
    Given: 1,062

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I think his connections in the NCAA will help the conference a lot. It seems that leaks from the BCS/playoff meetings that there is some backlash to Delaney and Larry Scott Rose Bowl demands, so having a guy in there like Bowlsby fighting for us would only be a good thing.
    I throw up in my mouth every time Delaney or Scott talk about the precious tradition of the Rose Bowl.

    Yeah, rivalries that have been played for 100 years are absolutely meaningless...but propping up overrated champions of two conferences that have been left in the dust and pretending it's the most important game...THAT TRADITION MUST NEVER END!

    Do Nebraska, Colorado, Penn State and Utah have 100 years of tradition playing in the Rose Bowl??? Nope. So I don't see why it can't be Texas vs. LSU every single year for the rest of all time. F the Rose Bowl tradition.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 87,300, Level: 91
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,136
    Points
    87,300
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 61

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    I like the hire. Bob's got a quality reputation. Tough guy who can handle pressure and that's exactly who you need leading this herd of cats we have in the conference.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,467, Level: 87
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,523
    Points
    79,467
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 63

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I throw up in my mouth every time Delaney or Scott talk about the precious tradition of the Rose Bowl.

    Yeah, rivalries that have been played for 100 years are absolutely meaningless...but propping up overrated champions of two conferences that have been left in the dust and pretending it's the most important game...THAT TRADITION MUST NEVER END!

    Do Nebraska, Colorado, Penn State and Utah have 100 years of tradition playing in the Rose Bowl??? Nope. So I don't see why it can't be Texas vs. LSU every single year for the rest of all time. F the Rose Bowl tradition.

    (whispers) I like this post....a lot.



  15. #15
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Bowlsby Officially New Big 12 Commish

    If nothing else, it's a strong endorsement of a conference's stability when it can lure an AD away from a highly successful athletic department, right?

    I'm more interested in what other "big changes" JP was alluding to...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM