Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 12

WHOOOOOO!!!!

ISU WINS!!!

I wish it would have ended with an ISU victory earlier.. but we finally get over the hump!!

this game had all the makings of a disaster.. we go into overtime and hurt the starting QB.. the replacement comes in (remember the mizzou and kansas games)... but then he comes back out without playing.. then they score to be within 2.. and the defense comes up with a big play!!

lets hope this is a huge feather in our caps.. we have a lot of work to do, but I'm real excited to be 1-0!!

I expect a great season, and it's time to celebrate and then focus on the weeks to come. UNLV will be a great time to get refocused and get everyone on the same page.

Great game fellas, and we'll keep cheering hard!

GO CYCLONES!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I hate to be the negative here. But I wonder what the score would have been if we played at TOLEDO? I know I know we won and improvement is in order...but we got torched by a mid major 1st year QB in his first game..Against the BIG 12!!! AND I MEAN TORCHED. I am not worried about the passing game. BUt the Running game gives me fits. Think about it TOLEDO!?!??!?! and we won by a hair and I mean a HAIR!!!

I for one am not HAPPY.

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,510
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhighcy View Post
    I hate to be the negative here. But I wonder what the score would have been if we played at TOLEDO? I know I know we won and improvement is in order...but we got torched by a mid major 1st year QB in his first game..Against the BIG 12!!! AND I MEAN TORCHED. I am not worried about the passing game. BUt the Running game gives me fits. Think about it TOLEDO!?!??!?! and we won by a hair and I mean a HAIR!!!

I for one am not HAPPY.
    Why does the passing game give you fits when we had about 200 yards on the ground and they had 40 yards? I'm not real happy either but we did win. They didn't run the ball because they didn't need to. Our secondary is apparently a giant hole. I didn't see the game or hear the game so only going on what I read so far. Someone needs to recap the details:

- How did our o-line look?
    - How did our d-line look?
    - Linebackers?
    - Secondary; who was the "weak" spot if there was one.
    - How was the crowd at the game?

Thanks for the info.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Rookie
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Our running game was not that bad 170 yards or so.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    TOLEDO VERY GOOD TEAM,BUT WILL SHOULD PUT THE AWAY WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 30
    Meyer to Blythe TD in the 3rd OT was Sports Centers #1 play of the day! Since I listened to the radio/web cast I was glad to see a high light on ESPN, and that was a good high light.

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 908
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by shtball View Post
    TOLEDO VERY GOOD TEAM,BUT WILL SHOULD PUT THE AWAY WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE
    i hear ya

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I'm going to be negative as it was another bad coaching job. We should not have been in that position. Why did Mac feel like early the game we have to get the 2 point conversion to make up for the 2 points we spotted them on that blocked extra point? Just kick the extra point, and late in the game we would have had a 9 point lead, and no Overtime. That and once again playing for the field goal and and the botched snap. AHHHH!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

"Very good team", uh, I don't think so...

They're an average team, which is more than I can say for most opponents of teams in a BCS conference, but "very good", not even close.

Michigan is a "very good" team.

Texas is a "very good" team.

LSU is a "very good" team.

Toledo is not a "very good" team.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

give me a break

It was the first game of the year!! Let's build on the positives.

1. Offensive Line was solid. Hicks looked good.

2. It was clear the defensive objective was to not let the WR get behind the dbacks. Can't fault that strategy given the inexperience in the secondary. Can fault the strategy of not making sure 91 was covered on 3rd down plays. Need to get more pressure on the QB.

3. Bowen was a stud, all over the field making plays.

4. Finally got a win in OT!!!

5. How about giving the offense credit for having the sack to comeback in OT down by 7 and facing 2nd and 15 from the 30!!!!

6. While the defense gave up a lot of yards and pts, I'm excited about the team speed I saw and the way they were swarming to the ball. Hustle and effort can overcome a lot of inexperience!!

7. Culbertson made all his PATs and the one field goal were the snap was good.

Again, would I have liked to see a blow out, of course, but a win like this is going to pay much bigger dividends down the road than a blowout!!

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by CLONE2THEBONE View Post
    They're an average team, which is more than I can say for most opponents of teams in a BCS conference, but "very good", not even close.

Michigan is a "very good" team.

Texas is a "very good" team.

LSU is a "very good" team.

Toledo is not a "very good" team.
    That may be true but the good MAC teams always seem to beat a ranked team or at least play them close. There's plenty to work on but it's not the end of world that we scrounged a win out of this game.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6
    I just got back from the game.

First of all, let me say that I have the best girlfriend in the world. She wanted to go home in the middle of the third quarter, but, as much as she loathes football, she (grudgingly) stuck with me for three freaking overtimes. I had a hell of a job cheering her up walking back to campus, but she eventually came around and had that winning smile on her face that made me fall in love with her in the first place.

Too bad she's not reading this over my shoulder right now.

Thoughts about the game. It's about goddamned time ISU got that monkey off their back. First OT win, baby! I guess if we can't win in one or two, third time's always the charm. A lot of you think this is a bad win. IMO, after the OT period starts: ranking, conference, all of that is thrown out the window. If two teams made it through 4 quarters still all knotted up, they're equals, and from then on, it's a race to see who tires first.

I'm a bit embarrassed to see a rookie QB rack so many yards up on our defense. Either he was just that damn good, or our young secondary was just that damn bad. Oh well, they'll get better. After having their hairs enough on end to puncture their helmets, they're going to be more on their toes.

How GREAT was Rashon Parker?! WOW! He played his m'f'in HEART out tonight! We've got a star in the making -- I just hope he doesn't pull a Berryman. ::knock on wood::

Offense was as advertised. Stevie was AMAZING. Either that, or just average, but great compared to last year. Meyer went like 7 or 8 passes at the start of that game without a single incompletion. He was on the money, and considering that he could actually pull off QB draws without getting tackled at the line of scrimmage, he may become a legitimate dual-threat QB this year.

Toledo played very well, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run the table and finish along the lines of 11-1 or 10-2. They're good enough to go nuts on the MAC. Poor Kansas has to deal with them at home next week, because the crowd at the Glass Bowl is going to be P-I-S-S-E-D.

I think this game was a clash of the titans if anything, though easily dismissed as a lousy ISU performance because neither teams have had a chance to show what they're made of this year. Don't forget that the score was 23-23 at the end of the 4th quarter. OT scores are misleading because, even though they have the OT tag, they can get inflated in a jiffy, so it looks like a shootout when it was very well contained.

I'm done making excuses. This game lit a fire, both under the team's ***, and their confidence. UNLV better watch out next week -- it's going to get stomped.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Rookie
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    A win's a win, I don't care how they do it but they got it done. Stop being so negative, they won the freakin' game.

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 908
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    A win's a win, I don't care how they do it but they got it done. Stop being so negative, they won the freakin' game.
    exactly.. if we lost then you can be as negative as you want.. but we pulled it off for the first time in isu football history.. kudos

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    exactly.. if we lost then you can be as negative as you want.. but we pulled it off for the first time in isu football history.. kudos
    Thank you!