Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 143,738, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,385
    Points
    143,738
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Colbert Polling in Double Digits


  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,785, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneFan65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,241
    Points
    32,785
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    If my two major party choices are Clinton and Giuliani, I'll vote third party. And I'd definitely consider Colbert as a protest vote. I think the 13% for Cobert shows that a lot of people are disillusioned with the current partisan politics and may consider a serious third party candidate. It will be interesting if anyone comes forward to run as an Independent.


    "THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Ross Perot is thinking right now, "why can't I be 15 years younger!"



  4. #4
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,384
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan65 View Post
    If my two major party choices are Clinton and Giuliani, I'll vote third party. And I'd definitely consider Colbert as a protest vote. I think the 13% for Cobert shows that a lot of people are disillusioned with the current partisan politics and may consider a serious third party candidate. It will be interesting if anyone comes forward to run as an Independent.
    Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.


    A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.


    A Man Is What He Does When It Counts

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,308, Level: 75
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    59,308
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by herbiedoobie View Post
    Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.
    But, but... 9-11!

    Giuliani gets knocked for his abortion and gun control stances, but as far as the presidency goes his actions would not produce any different results than more conservative presidents. Nothing substantial will happen with abortion without a shift in the Supreme Court, and Giuliani has a big thing about appointing strict constructionist judges.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 733,011, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,601
    Points
    733,011
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,870
    Given: 888

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by herbiedoobie View Post
    Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.
    I don't know. I'm not a huge Giuliani fan, but he talks all the time about cutting spending, while Hillary has yet to find a spending program that she doesn't like.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,308, Level: 75
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    59,308
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I don't know. I'm not a huge Giuliani fan, but he talks all the time about cutting spending, while Hillary has yet to find a spending program that she doesn't like.
    While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 733,011, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,601
    Points
    733,011
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,870
    Given: 888

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.
    I like Huckabee and Duncan Hunter, but obviously I have to keep my eyes open because those are long shots.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 28,408, Level: 51
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,415
    Points
    28,408
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 11

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.
    Obama smokes?



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,308, Level: 75
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    59,308
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by 83Clone View Post
    Obama smokes?
    I'm not sure if he still does, he was going to quit. As of about 6 months ago he smoked several a day. (He said 2-4 or so.)



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 32,785, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneFan65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,241
    Points
    32,785
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    I'd rather have a smoker than a former coke-head.


    "THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 17,739, Level: 40
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,047
    Points
    17,739
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Colbert Polling in Double Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm not sure if he still does, he was going to quit. As of about 6 months ago he smoked several a day. (He said 2-4 or so.)
    Unbelievable. Anyone dumb enough to smoke is not smart enough to be president.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM