Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Dallas Cowboys Draft... 1st 4 picks.

My Boyz are drafting 14th and we need help in a number of areas: OL, CB, SS, DE.

Here's my predictions for this years draft:
    Rd. 1 - This is not the easy pick everyone thinks it is...i think there are 4 guys they hope will drop to them in this order Decastro, Cox, Barron, Brockers. If its someone other then these four i would be surprised - possibly Poe or Coples....i hope not, i'm not a believer in Poe workout wizard does not produce on the field. Coples well he's from NC which scares me, were 1-2 right now on 1st round DE from North Carolina.

In my dream scenario, Decastro is there and its a no brainer. If not, i like Barron the most out of the other three. But, more and more is being written about NE giving both first rounders to Seattle for the 12th pick to select Barron.

Rd. 2 - This pick will depend on the first. So i will go like this...If they get Decastro then they will get J. Jenkins in the second. If they take Barron, they will take Zeitler or Konz OL out of Wisky.

Rd. 3 - Here is my reach pick for personal preference. Casey Hayward CB out of Vandy - competed in the SEC and had 15 picks for his career, doing that in the SEC is playing some good corner. If Crick from Nebby is available, they may go DL instead.

Rd. 4 - Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma, coming off of ACL, would have been much higher pick and running a 4.54 at 80% recovery shows how fast he will be at 100%...If healthy, i believe he would have been a 2nd round player.

Rd. 4 - Michael Egnew Tight End Missouri - a player that could come in and stretch the 2 tight end sets with Witten. Very Polished receiver, stayed behind and franklin didn't use his TE nearly as much as Gabbert did and didn't enjoy the success Gabbert did....correlation....maybe...

There it is, my 4 round Cowboys predictions - grade it after the weekend!!!!

Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 04-23-2012 at 04:25 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 8

Re: Dallas Cowboys Draft... 1st 4 picks.

With Anthony Spencer being franchised and paying a premium amount for one year tells me they will draft a DE in the 1st round. If they sign spencer to a long term deal that would open up drafting another position. DeCastro is intriguing as he and Tyron Smith could anchor that side of the line for 10 years.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

as long as Jerry Jones plays GM instead of owner, our Cowboys will not be a top-level team, IMO. Heck, the guy has said in the past that he thought he could be coach...please Jerry, for the love of the Cowboys, please take a step back and enjoy being the owner.....

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    as long as Jerry Jones plays GM instead of owner, our Cowboys will not be a top-level team, IMO. Heck, the guy has said in the past that he thought he could be coach...please Jerry, for the love of the Cowboys, please take a step back and enjoy being the owner.....
    Agreed - after all thats why the dynasty went south anyway....Jerry didn't like JJ getting all the respect as the talent evaluator.....guess what....he was!!!!

Jerry always reaching on guys so that he can be referred to during the broadcast as a great evaluator - he wants to be known as a football guy, not just the owner of the cowboys and oil billionaire.

Get a football guy in there to assist in the evaluation process. After all, right now all he has is a bunch of yes men that don't cross him on who he thinks is the right fit and it fails. Anyone can get the 1st one right, its picks 2-7 that make your team a champion!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 141

Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    Amen brother!

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IceCyIce View Post
    With Anthony Spencer being franchised and paying a premium amount for one year tells me they will draft a DE in the 1st round. If they sign spencer to a long term deal that would open up drafting another position. DeCastro is intriguing as he and Tyron Smith could anchor that side of the line for 10 years.
    The only - only problem i have with this statement is sometimes you take a guy simply because of need and may overpay for him. I think they have enough holes they take the highest guy on their draft board, i'm sure Ryan Tannehill is not on their board for round 1. They have multiple needs and multiple players to fill those needs and rate them as far as how they compare to everyone else at that position. They have said that Decastro is a Steve Hutchinson type player with an attitude....as a cowboy fan i am a huge fan of OL being a bit on the edge ala Erik Williams.....