Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 328

free uthoff

Apparently the iowa barnstormers aau team wore shirts that said "free uthoff" to there basketball tourny and yes bo ryan was at the tourny. This os going to turn into a recruiting nighmare for bo.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

Re: free uthoff

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Apparently the iowa barnstormers aau team wore shirts that said "free uthoff" to there basketball tourny and yes bo ryan was at the tourny. This os going to turn into a recruiting nighmare for bo.
    While I agree that it might hurt with some kids, there are plenty of kids out there that are just praying from an offer from a program like Wisconsin's, and if Bo comes knocking at their door, those kids will have a hard time passing up playing at a high major. Plenty of kids in the state of Wisconsin that have wanted to be a Badger their whole lives.

I don't think it will affect their in-state recruiting that much, but Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, etc could see a drop off.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    While I agree that it might hurt with some kids, there are plenty of kids out there that are just praying from an offer from a program like Wisconsin's, and if Bo comes knocking at their door, those kids will have a hard time passing up playing at a high major. Plenty of kids in the state of Wisconsin that have wanted to be a Badger their whole lives.

I don't think it will affect their in-state recruiting that much, but Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, etc could see a drop off.
    Looking at their current roster of 16: 5 from Illinois, 4 from Minnesota, and 1 from Iowa. They have 3 guys from Wisconsin and 3 from other states.

I don't know if this breakdown is somewhat typical for Wisconsin, but if this incident impacts recruiting in Minnesota and Illinois, that would be quite a blow to their recruiting.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 56

There are plenty of kids that were playing in that AAU game that Bo prays commits to Wisc.

Bo doesn't get to pick and choose like Calipari, Self and Williams.

Fanatic #25

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 295

Those aren't the kids that are as good as what they are getting now. They will cease to be a Top 4 team in Big 10 which they have been for 6 straight years.

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 62

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    Those aren't the kids that are as good as what they are getting now. They will cease to be a Top 4 team in Big 10 which they have been for 6 straight years.
    Says who? Bo's track record would say otherwise. I believe he has the all-time best winning percentage of any B1G coach that has been there 10+ years or something like that.

Pro
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 114

The recovery of Bo Ryan 'the dink' episode has begun. The Madison paper is blaming Ryan for being so stupid and the national media for reporting it.
    What is most intersting to hear out of Madison is that the list of schools was composed of either 1) schools that WI plays or 2) schools that 'tampered' with Uthoff. So Bo is saying Fred has been tampering?

Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,332
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by CTTB78 View Post
    The recovery of Bo Ryan 'the dink' episode has begun. The Madison paper is blaming Ryan for being so stupid and the national media for reporting it.
    What is most intersting to hear out of Madison is that the list of schools was composed of either 1) schools that WI plays or 2) schools that 'tampered' with Uthoff. So Bo is saying Fred has been tampering?
    Unfortunately for Bo and Wisconsin, the die has already been cast as far as public perception is concerned. Unless they have indisputable proof of tampering, these notions will be dismissed as spin. Bo's goose was cooked the moment he stumbled through his first statement on Mike & Mike. That interview did nothing but make him sound foolish and vindictive. He couldn't even verbalize he reasoning. And, if tampering had been an issue, why would he not have brought it up then?

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 88

Quote Originally Posted by CTTB78 View Post
    Miller and Brinson had an interview with someone this week that indicated Wisconsin had heard things that ISU had done some things they believed to be tampering.

*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

If Bo would have left out the ACC, this wouldn't have been a national story.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 196

If they thought ISU tampered, why did they clear him to us? They could have announced that "ACC and Florida have been removed from the list, but Iowa State remains - suspicions of tampering..."

This whole story is so peculiar. Has anyone read the Fox Sports Wisconsin interview where Uthoff says that Bo offering to come home early from vacation was a lie? Also stated that he wanted to talk/ meet with Ryan, but Ryan didn't return HIS communications.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 6

Since Fred already had pretty good success with four Big Ten transfers, and Ryan had to win over ISU and others to sign Uthoff, he obviously assumed Fred tampered, he (Ryan) probably would have if in the same situation.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeclone View Post
    Looking at their current roster of 16: 5 from Illinois, 4 from Minnesota, and 1 from Iowa. They have 3 guys from Wisconsin and 3 from other states.

I don't know if this breakdown is somewhat typical for Wisconsin, but if this incident impacts recruiting in Minnesota and Illinois, that would be quite a blow to their recruiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBake View Post
    There are plenty of kids that were playing in that AAU game that Bo prays commits to Wisc.

Bo doesn't get to pick and choose like Calipari, Self and Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    While this ordeal was a black eye for Wisconsin and specifically Bo Ryan, they'll recover. In-state kids are still going to want to go there and with 5* Sam Dekker coming in for 2012 and 4* Bronson Koenig coming for 2013, they've got some talent coming down the pike, in addition to what they currently have on their roster.

Hopefully the situation will push Matt Thomas into coming to Ames, but I would like to think that has a lot more to do with Fred's pursuit and identifying Thomas earlier than Wisconsin did.

Ultimately, the Uthoff ordeal might end up hurting them with a kid or two out of state, but Bo has built his program on 3* guys with the occasional 4* guy thrown in. The point being, there's a lot more 3* guys out there and if one or two say no, there's probably going to be somebody else looking for a high major offer that would be ecstatic about playing at a place that's had as much success as Wisconsin.

As fans, we tend to overplay these things sometimes and deal in absolutes, and I think in this situation, you have to look at the entire scope of Bo's success at Wisconsin in addition to the Uthoff situation. Every coach has made a mistake and Bo's just happened to be a little more public. I don't think Wisconsin really sees much drop off, if any at all.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 196

While this ordeal was a black eye for Wisconsin and specifically Bo Ryan, they'll recover. In-state kids are still going to want to go there and with 5* Sam Dekker coming in for 2012 and 4* Bronson Koenig coming for 2013, they've got some talent coming down the pike, in addition to what they currently have on their roster.

Hopefully the situation will push Matt Thomas into coming to Ames, but I would like to think that has a lot more to do with Fred's pursuit and identifying Thomas earlier than Wisconsin did.

Ultimately, the Uthoff ordeal might end up hurting them with a kid or two out of state, but Bo has built his program on 3* guys with the occasional 4* guy thrown in. The point being, there's a lot more 3* guys out there and if one or two say no, there's probably going to be somebody else looking for a high major offer that would be ecstatic about playing at a place that's had as much success as Wisconsin.

As fans, we tend to overplay these things sometimes and deal in absolutes, and I think in this situation, you have to look at the entire scope of Bo's success at Wisconsin in addition to the Uthoff situation. Every coach has made a mistake and Bo's just happened to be a little more public. I don't think Wisconsin really sees much drop off, if any at all.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 884
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 485

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Miller and Brinson had an interview with someone this week that indicated Wisconsin had heard things that ISU had done some things they believed to be tampering.
    That's thrice-removed vagueness if I've ever heard it. (Not directed at you or your post; directed at the person-who-heard-stuff person)

I don't know the definition of tampering, as it applies to the rulebook. I have a sense of what it "kinda means."

If there's even a perception of wrongdoing, I assume Fred wouldn't sign a player if it had potential to jeopardize the program; and if any issues surrounded getting a transfer in this situation he would make sure there's clarity about what actually happened.