Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 9: vs. Jacksonville, noon, CBS

    Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16: at Indianapolis, noon, Fox

    Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23: vs. San Francisco, noon, Fox

    Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30: at Detroit, noon, Fox

    Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 7: vs. Tennessee, noon, CBS

    Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14: at Washington, 3:15 p.m., Fox

    Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21: vs. Arizona, noon, Fox

    Week 8: Thursday, Oct. 25: vs. Tampa Bay, 7:20 p.m., NFL Network

    Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4: at Seattle, 3:15 p.m., Fox

    Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11: vs. Detroit, noon, Fox

    Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18: Bye

    Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 25: at Chicago, noon, Fox

    Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2: at Green Bay, noon, Fox

    Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9: vs. Chicago, noon, Fox

    Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16: at St. Louis, noon, Fox

    Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23: at Houston, noon, Fox

    Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30: vs. Green Bay, noon, Fox

    It looks very favorable outside of the division, although Detroit, Chicago, and GB are all very good. You would be hard pressed to find a better division in football IMO. I know the Vikings were 3-13 last year, but they weren't really a hopeless, terrible excuse for a team until the team basically gave up (I don't blame them) at the end of the year. They had a lot of big leads on good teams and found a way to blow it at the end. I think that even if they go 2-4 in the division (which I think is a reasonably low expectation) that they could end up with 8 or so wins. Here's how I see it. I ended up higher than I expect next season, but wow there are really not that many good teams on this schedule at all. I expect the NFC North to have 2 or 3 playoff teams with those cross divisional matchups. The averages I added put it around 8.55 wins. Sounds about right. I feel like this is way more wins than I would expect, but the schedule just looks so weak.

    vs. Jacksonville, noon, CBS W 80%
    at Indianapolis, noon, Fox W 80%
    vs. San Francisco, noon, Fox L 10%
    at Detroit, noon, Fox L 45%
    vs. Tennessee, noon, CBS W 60%
    at Washington, 3:15 p.m., Fox W 70%
    vs. Arizona, noon, Fox W 75%
    vs. Tampa Bay, 7:20 p.m., NFL Network W 75%
    at Seattle, 3:15 p.m., Fox W 60%
    vs. Detroit, noon, Fox W 55%
    Bye
    at Chicago, noon, Fox L 30%
    at Green Bay, noon, Fox L 15%
    vs. Chicago, noon, Fox L 50%
    at St. Louis, noon, Fox W 70%
    at Houston, noon, Fox L 40%
    vs. Green Bay, noon, Fox L 40%


    Last edited by Rhoadhoused; 04-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Apparently the reason the schedule is so easy is this:
    1) you play everyone in your division home and away (6 games)
    2) you play every team in an AFC division, divisions you play rotate (4 games)
    3) you play every team in a NFC division, divisions you play rotate (4 games)
    4) you play 1 team from each NFC division you don't play that finished in the same place in your division as you finished in yours (2 games)

    That gives two games against last place teams from last year.



  3. #3
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Why are the GB games so late this year?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Why are the GB games so late this year?
    No idea. I like finishing against GB or Chicago, that 3 game stretch seems like something that would be avoided at all costs by scheduling.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,220, Level: 27
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Flynn4Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    245
    Points
    8,220
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Sorry, you will not be beating us for the third year in a row. Why not make a trip to the desert for once? You're gonna have to adapt to the heat anyway, as you'll be coming to LA soon, as not even Minneapolis gives a crap about it's own team.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn4Heisman View Post
    Sorry, you will not be beating us for the third year in a row. Why not make a trip to the desert for once? You're gonna have to adapt to the heat anyway, as you'll be coming to LA soon, as not even Minneapolis gives a crap about it's own team.
    Harshmellow man and we blew you the **** out last year with a 3-13 team if that says anything about how good you are.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 432,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,834
    Points
    432,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 17

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn4Heisman View Post
    Sorry, you will not be beating us for the third year in a row. Why not make a trip to the desert for once? You're gonna have to adapt to the heat anyway, as you'll be coming to LA soon, as not even Minneapolis gives a crap about it's own team.
    Which is ironic considering the Vikings average 1,600 more people in seats per game. Hmmm...University of Phoenix Stadium....the Metrodome...yet the insanely nicer venue can't pull in more fans. Even if you account for the extra seats in the Metrodome, the Vikings still outdraw the Cardinals in an old, piece of ****, dilapidated stadium.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 56,999, Level: 73
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,901
    Points
    56,999
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 25

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Apparently the reason the schedule is so easy is this:
    1) you play everyone in your division home and away (6 games)
    2) you play every team in an AFC division, divisions you play rotate (4 games)
    3) you play every team in a NFC division, divisions you play rotate (4 games)
    4) you play 1 team from each NFC division you don't play that finished in the same place in your division as you finished in yours (2 games)

    That gives two games against last place teams from last year.
    Tampa and Washington.. Looks easy based off last year (SOS) but I could see those two teams being up from last year. Especially the Redskins if they end up with a decent QB



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Tampa and Washington.. Looks easy based off last year (SOS) but I could see those two teams being up from last year. Especially the Redskins if they end up with a decent QB
    I agree but I can also easily see the Vikings being up from last year. They had to really, really **** a lot of games down their leg in the first 6 games of the season and then give up for the last 6 games of the season to get to their final record. Assuming Peterson can get back at 90% for the beginning of the season and that Ponder is average in his development I think 8 wins is about where I would predict them.

    The secondary sure couldn't be worse and the offensive line will surely be better if the Vikings take Kahlil.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 29,264, Level: 52
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    ISpyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,205
    Points
    29,264
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 24

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    I agree but I can also easily see the Vikings being up from last year. They had to really, really **** a lot of games down their leg in the first 6 games of the season and then give up for the last 6 games of the season to get to their final record. Assuming Peterson can get back at 90% for the beginning of the season and that Ponder is average in his development I think 8 wins is about where I would predict them.

    The secondary sure couldn't be worse and the offensive line will surely be better if the Vikings take Kahlil.
    IMO, Success this year depends on two things: 1) Can AP get back to his ol' self; and 2) Can the OL do even a halfway decent job at protecting Ponder? I don't expect a lot from this team this year as it is. The first half of the schedule could have us with a winning record going into the Bye...but that second half looks brutal. With no primetime games this year, we won't miss much anyway.

    Plus, I like having Green Bay at home for our season finale. If it winds up being the last NFL game in Minnesota, there's no better way to go out than to a bitter rival (unless we lose, then it's not as fun).




    Cyclones | Vikings | Royals | Red Wings

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 432,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,834
    Points
    432,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 17

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpyCy View Post
    IMO, Success this year depends on two things: 1) Can AP get back to his ol' self; and 2) Can the OL do even a halfway decent job at protecting Ponder? I don't expect a lot from this team this year as it is. The first half of the schedule could have us with a winning record going into the Bye...but that second half looks brutal. With no primetime games this year, we won't miss much anyway.

    Plus, I like having Green Bay at home for our season finale. If it winds up being the last NFL game in Minnesota, there's no better way to go out than to a bitter rival (unless we lose, then it's not as fun).
    I think the Vikings have to play 2 years in Minneapolis yet. Getting a stadium up in LA is going to take longer than the 17 months until 2013 kicks off.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpyCy View Post
    IMO, Success this year depends on two things: 1) Can AP get back to his ol' self; and 2) Can the OL do even a halfway decent job at protecting Ponder? I don't expect a lot from this team this year as it is. The first half of the schedule could have us with a winning record going into the Bye...but that second half looks brutal. With no primetime games this year, we won't miss much anyway.

    Plus, I like having Green Bay at home for our season finale. If it winds up being the last NFL game in Minnesota, there's no better way to go out than to a bitter rival (unless we lose, then it's not as fun).
    I agree. I think Cook coming back is huge because even though he is a POS he is a good cornerback, probably our best. I think having two good TEs for Ponder to throw to along with Harvin will be a really good thing.

    If they get Kahlil, and then a big WR like Jeffrey, and then a S or CB in the 3rd I will be ecstatic.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 432,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,834
    Points
    432,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 17

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    I agree. I think Cook coming back is huge because even though he is a POS he is a good cornerback, probably our best. I think having two good TEs for Ponder to throw to along with Harvin will be a really good thing.

    If they get Kahlil, and then a big WR like Jeffrey, and then a S or CB in the 3rd I will be ecstatic.
    That'd be the first time in roughly forever in which the Vikings have drafted well.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 186,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,547
    Points
    186,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    That'd be the first time in roughly forever in which the Vikings have drafted well.
    IDK I think they have done pretty decent in the early rounds. Greenway, Sullivan, Peterson, Robison, Ray Edwards, Loadholt, Cook, and EJ Henderson were all good picks.

    Gerhart and Ponder were probably reaches, but both could be good players.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 29,264, Level: 52
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    ISpyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,205
    Points
    29,264
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 24

    Re: Minnesota Vikings Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    I agree. I think Cook coming back is huge because even though he is a POS he is a good cornerback, probably our best. I think having two good TEs for Ponder to throw to along with Harvin will be a really good thing.

    If they get Kahlil, and then a big WR like Jeffrey, and then a S or CB in the 3rd I will be ecstatic.
    Agreed...but the way Rick Spielman is stirring the pot with trade rumors has me wondering what he's really thinking.




    Cyclones | Vikings | Royals | Red Wings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM