Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 75,067, Level: 85
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,483
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tailg8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,472
    Points
    75,067
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 110

    **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    It's finally that time of year again, so why not have a thread dedicated to VEISHEA?!


    Share some crazy stories / fun traditions you & your friends have.



    I've only been attending since 2006 so I missed the craziest times, but I still always have a blast. The thing I miss the most is how all the concerts used to be free for alls on central campus!



    Anyway, weather looks to be pretty good this year, should be some prime drinking going down!



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 63,143, Level: 77
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,565
    Points
    63,143
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Jared Barnett just tweeted this!

    "Wait..dudes just walk in out classroom with suites on, Yelled #VEISHEA and beer bong and a dude dropped to his knees and did a beer bong!"


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 34,212, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,593
    Points
    34,212
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 25

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    Jared Barnett just tweeted this!

    "Wait..dudes just walk in out classroom with suites on, Yelled #VEISHEA and beer bong and a dude dropped to his knees and did a beer bong!"
    (Requesting GIF of the Joker clapping)



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 117,049, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,358
    Points
    117,049
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 28

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Had a full Coke bottle thrown at my chest playing Ring of Fire Saturday night.




  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 75,067, Level: 85
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,483
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tailg8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,472
    Points
    75,067
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 110

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    When my BAC reaches a certain level, I will do unmentionable things to get some cheese curds by Lake LaVerne.....



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 401,237, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,843
    Points
    401,237
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 41

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Not a huge drunken hijinks story, but a more unique one. Had a cop pull into our party\lawn drinking on lincoln way around noon on veishea friday in 06 (we'd been going since 8am). We're thinking 'dammit, this is way too early for cops to be showing up'. Out gets a cop, and a reporter with a camera. Apparently they needed a party to interview for the newscast and we were one of the first going (they'd noted when they first saw us too, 9am or so). I think almost everyone interviewed in this video was underage and drunk.

    News segment covering VEISHEA 2006 at Iowa State University

    2006 was my favorite year since my first in 04. 3 stages near central campus (i dont have as big a problem with them charging, but moving it off of central campus sucked) , the cops working with partiers rather than against them, and just a big celebration with the year off in between.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 631,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    22,238
    Points
    631,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 34

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    I went to the parade once, let's just say it was pretty wild.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 27,410, Level: 50
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points
    ManofCyience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    594
    Points
    27,410
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone06 View Post
    (Requesting GIF of the Joker clapping)


    You're welcome.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 269,236, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,176
    Points
    269,236
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 251

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailg8er View Post
    It's finally that time of year again, so why not have a thread dedicated to VEISHEA?!


    Share some crazy stories / fun traditions you & your friends have.



    I've only been attending since 2006 so I missed the craziest times, but I still always have a blast. The thing I miss the most is how all the concerts used to be free for alls on central campus!



    Anyway, weather looks to be pretty good this year, should be some prime drinking going down!
    Too many asterisks for an official thread. RIOT!



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 401,237, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,843
    Points
    401,237
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 41

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Too many asterisks for an official thread. RIOT!



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    I have a test on Friday!

    Good thing it's philosophy so I can go a little intoxicated.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 75,067, Level: 85
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,483
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tailg8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,472
    Points
    75,067
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 110

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Too many asterisks for an official thread. RIOT!
    It was pretty damn close to riot level during the whole Mike Jones fiasco a few years back.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 73,179, Level: 84
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,671
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,418
    Points
    73,179
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Not a huge drunken hijinks story, but a more unique one. Had a cop pull into our party\lawn drinking on lincoln way around noon on veishea friday in 06 (we'd been going since 8am). We're thinking 'dammit, this is way too early for cops to be showing up'. Out gets a cop, and a reporter with a camera. Apparently they needed a party to interview for the newscast and we were one of the first going (they'd noted when they first saw us too, 9am or so). I think almost everyone interviewed in this video was underage and drunk.

    News segment covering VEISHEA 2006 at Iowa State University

    2006 was my favorite year since my first in 04. 3 stages near central campus (i dont have as big a problem with them charging, but moving it off of central campus sucked) , the cops working with partiers rather than against them, and just a big celebration with the year off in between.
    That's a good story and a good stance for policemen to take. Theyre not all dbags. Just be smart and 98% of the time you'll be fine...



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 33,168, Level: 56
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,082
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,127
    Points
    33,168
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 46

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    I work with the police during VEISHEA and had the pleasure of doing a walking beat with them through campustown area two years ago. They really are pretty fair. Even when they confronted people with open containers, etc where they shouldn't, if people just poured them out and moved on, they were very fair. It usually was the out of towners or "friends" who ran or copped an attitude...they were the ones who go cited.

    My other favorite part of the weekend....observing their mobile processing center where they processed those who were arrested. About half of the "tough guys" who I'm sure minutes before were flapping their jaws and being tough were sobbing like small children when they didn't have their buddies there as an audience.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 67,580, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    CarlHungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,751
    Points
    67,580
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 50

    Re: **** OFFICIAL VEISHEA 2012 ****

    I love veishea, but its gone downhill ever since they started charging for concerts and moved them away from central campus. Its really too bad that happened



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM