Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU recruits at Dream Team Classic

Dakota Bauer will be taking on Mark Grey and Gabe Moreno will be up against Jason Tsirtsis this Fri. at the Dream Team Classic in Iowa City. Here's a link to a write up and the full line-ups.

Dream Team Classic will feature many of the nation's top high school wrestlers | TheMat.com - USA Wrestling

Would have liked to see Meeks there instead of Bauer, but I'm still excited to see how Bauer does against competition the likes of Grey. I'm also curious how Moreno does against a really tough Tsirtsis. I think this will be a great experience for these guys.

All-Star
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 62

Re:ISU recruits at Dream Team Classic

Word is Dakota dislocated his elbow and the doctor won't let him wrestle, will be replaced by fellow ISU recruit Kyle Larson

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 65

Re: ISU recruits at Dream Team Classic

Surprised Meeks isn't wrestling, especially since he went out to Pennsylvania for the similar event a few weeks ago. Too bad, still going to be some great matches over in Iowa City.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 263

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone06 View Post
    Surprised Meeks isn't wrestling, especially since he went out to Pennsylvania for the similar event a few weeks ago. Too bad, still going to be some great matches over in Iowa City.
    I know when the Rag interviewed him after State it sounded like he really needed some time to decompress, so maybe one All-Star match was enough for him.

He's had a lot of pressure the last 4 years so hopefully some time off is what he needs and after a summer off he'll be ready to step on the mat with his mind clear. He'll also have a lot of pressure at ISU, so his ability to handle that will have a huge impact on his career success.

Since I live in Cedar Rapids I'm sad I'll be out of town this weekend and miss this. It would have been nice to see some future Cyclones in action.

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Mark Grey dec Kyle Larson 3-1- Grey scored a takedown in the 1st and rode out Larson. 2 period: Grey rode Larson for a while then cut him. 3rd period: Grey escape, not much action, Grey was called for stalling, but Larson wasn't close to scoring

Jason Tsirtsis maj dec Gabriel Moreno 22-8- Tsirtsis was in deep on at least 3 shots and finshed one in the first and Moreno also scored a takedown at the end of one. Tsirtsis led 2-1 after the first then it got ugly. Tsirtsis score at will on an outside single to Moreno's left leg and Moreno started taking ugly shots with no set up which allow Tsirtsis easy go behinds. Tsirtsis put Moreno on his back at the end and let the hold go early for only 2 back points or he would of teched Moreno

Collin Blevins dec Austin Goergen 12-9- Blevins manhandled Goergen in the first then got a little winded. He is the type of heavyweight we need to recruit