Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 10

White Powdery Mildew

How do I get rid of it?

I have had it in the same spot the past couple years and it hasn't caused much of a problem. This year it has been worse than ever. The grass that has it has definitely been stunted and is not growing nearly the same rate of the grass that doesn't have the mildew.

I know that increased sunlight to the area will help get rid of the stuff, but it is on the north side of the house and also in the shade of my deck for most of the day.

CyBer

Re: White Powdery Mildew

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    How do I get rid of it?

I have had it in the same spot the past couple years and it hasn't caused much of a problem. This year it has been worse than ever. The grass that has it has definitely been stunted and is not growing nearly the same rate of the grass that doesn't have the mildew.

I know that increased sunlight to the area will help get rid of the stuff, but it is on the north side of the house and also in the shade of my deck for most of the day.
    I would say a series of huge mirrors should suffice.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 19

Re: White Powdery Mildew

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    How do I get rid of it?

Just call one of your local landscaping companies and they will make a fungicide app. for you. Shouldn't be a big deal.