Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Meltdown at EIU

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 48,223, Level: 67
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    wolverine68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,630
    Points
    48,223
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 142

    Meltdown at EIU

    Check out this thread...
    Scout.com: Iowa Forums List



    "Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

  2. #2
    Jobless Jerk
    Points: 333,262, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    22,750
    Points
    333,262
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,466
    Given: 5,688

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    this is a GREAT post.. wish I could give it rep.

    Player Arrests 2007

    April 15
    Ryan Bain - disorderly conduct, public intoxication, interference with official acts

    May ??
    Dana Brown - 5th degree theft

    July 2
    Arvell Nelson - driving with a suspended license

    July ??
    Dana Brown - 5th degree theft

    July 17
    Bradley Fletcher - DUI

    Aug 16
    Arvell Nelson - failure to appear for a court appearance

    Aug 19
    Dominique Douglas - unauthorized use of a credit card
    Anthony Bowman - unauthorized use of a credit card

    Sep 6
    Clint Huntrods - public intoxication, public urination, and interference with official acts

    Sep 16
    Lance Tillison - DUI

    Sep ??
    Ben Evans - DUI

    Oct 18
    Dana Brown - domestic assault

    Edit to add: at the risk of spreading rumors, stay tuned for a serious addition to the arrest roster this week.


    This post is pending approval of site sponsors.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 470,365, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    40,953
    Points
    470,365
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,096
    Given: 119

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Any more news out of IC today? I think the other thread was removed. I hate UI, but even I am hoping this one is not true.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  4. #4
    Giving it a go
    Points: 259,609, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chadm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,782
    Points
    259,609
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 107

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Any more news out of IC today? I think the other thread was removed. I hate UI, but even I am hoping this one is not true.
    Nothing new, and I agree that I hope it isn't true. The thread is still active, must be down a page.


    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 246,642, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,308
    Points
    246,642
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 945
    Given: 1,071

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Curious as to what the rumor is. I think it's better that someone posts what the rumor is than let everyone dream up strange crap. I am at the point where I might go home and rewatch Dateline with Chris Hansen to see if I missed anything. That is what happens when we don't know what rumors are.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 40,212, Level: 61
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    247cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill, KS
    Posts
    1,180
    Points
    40,212
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 65

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Do they have a new Chief of Police in Iowa City now? With the volume of arrests this year, either the cops aren't protecting the FB players any more, or they have some really, really, really dumb kids on the roster.

    I'm not saying ISU hasn't had it's share of problems, but having visited a few times, Iowa City cops are definitely more liberal with their handling of students in general.



  7. #7
    Jobless Jerk
    Points: 333,262, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    22,750
    Points
    333,262
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,466
    Given: 5,688

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by 247cy View Post
    either the cops aren't protecting the FB players
    That happened A LOT in Fry's years.. could be since he left the police figured fair game. Oh do I have stories of why people didn't get printed/charged/arrested for UofI football players from 82-97.

    - keep.


    This post is pending approval of site sponsors.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 139,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,719
    Points
    139,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 39

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Curious as to what the rumor is. I think it's better that someone posts what the rumor is than let everyone dream up strange crap. I am at the point where I might go home and rewatch Dateline with Chris Hansen to see if I missed anything. That is what happens when we don't know what rumors are.
    See:

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...c-everson.html

    Remember it is only a RUMOR.



  9. #9
    Jobless Jerk
    Points: 333,262, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    22,750
    Points
    333,262
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,466
    Given: 5,688

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    I had to post:

    That was one of my favorite things to do after a night out in IC.... I just loved the irony I guess.

    - keep.
    JonDMiller wrote:
    He peed in an alley and was out late after KF laid down the law. I could have had hundreds of such tickets in my college years.


    This post is pending approval of site sponsors.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 48,223, Level: 67
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    wolverine68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,630
    Points
    48,223
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 142

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Curious as to what the rumor is. I think it's better that someone posts what the rumor is than let everyone dream up strange crap. I am at the point where I might go home and rewatch Dateline with Chris Hansen to see if I missed anything. That is what happens when we don't know what rumors are.
    Trying to keep this clean, it involves this exchange...

    From the WCF Courier


    Quote:
    EVERSON STAYS HOME: Reserve freshman defensive back Cedric Everson did not make the trip to Purdue.

    Ferentz said Everson ''came up short in a couple of departments for me last week, and we opted not to bring him.''

    Asked if Everson's shortcomings were on or off the field, Ferentz replied: ''That's a matter between he and I. It was my judgment not to bring him. We'll see how it goes.''

    Everson, a Detroit native, has played in five games this season, mostly on special teams. But he did play in a dime set against Indiana on Sept. 29.

    Off-the-field issues have plagued the Hawkeyes since April, as 11 players have been arrested 14 times since the conclusion of spring practice. Reserve running back Dana Brown was arrested Tuesday on charges of domestic assault. He was kicked off the team.



    "Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

  11. #11
    Giving it a go
    Points: 259,609, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chadm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,782
    Points
    259,609
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 107

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    I had to post:
    Bad job out of you.


    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Iowa City is the Mos Eisley of the state of Iowa. I grew up there. It's unfortunate that this stuff is happening to their football program, but the stuff with the regents, 21 only ordinance and the legal woes of the football team may be a good wake up call for people to see what the lifestyle is down there. It's a big orgy and while I would expect this kind of stuff in Las Vegas or New Orleans a lot of people have had their heads in the sand that this has been going on in the middle of a corn field.

    I'll bet you that if the Hawks were successful in their athletic endeavors this would be swept under the rug.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 13,003, Level: 34
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    JHpsyclonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa C*ty
    Posts
    371
    Points
    13,003
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 77
    Exactly why I love living in Iowa City



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 202,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    9,609
    Points
    202,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,039
    Given: 80

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    Iowa City is the Mos Eisley of the state of Iowa. I grew up there. It's unfortunate that this stuff is happening to their football program, but the stuff with the regents, 21 only ordinance and the legal woes of the football team may be a good wake up call for people to see what the lifestyle is down there. It's a big orgy and while I would expect this kind of stuff in Las Vegas or New Orleans a lot of people have had their heads in the sand that this has been going on in the middle of a corn field.

    I'll bet you that if the Hawks were successful in their athletic endeavors this would be swept under the rug.
    Yup. It's quite a different atmosphere there in IC.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  15. #15
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,384
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Meltdown at EIU

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine68 View Post
    Trying to keep this clean, it involves this exchange...

    From the WCF Courier


    Quote:
    EVERSON STAYS HOME: Reserve freshman defensive back Cedric Everson did not make the trip to Purdue.

    Ferentz said Everson ''came up short in a couple of departments for me last week, and we opted not to bring him.''

    Asked if Everson's shortcomings were on or off the field, Ferentz replied: ''That's a matter between he and I. It was my judgment not to bring him. We'll see how it goes.''

    Everson, a Detroit native, has played in five games this season, mostly on special teams. But he did play in a dime set against Indiana on Sept. 29.

    Off-the-field issues have plagued the Hawkeyes since April, as 11 players have been arrested 14 times since the conclusion of spring practice. Reserve running back Dana Brown was arrested Tuesday on charges of domestic assault. He was kicked off the team.
    Oh well, now that the EIU "Victim Intimidation and Deferred Criminal Charges Unit" is on the case, expect to hear nothing about Everson and his "little problem".


    A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.


    A Man Is What He Does When It Counts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM