Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 91,582, Level: 94
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,568
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,449
    Points
    91,582
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 156

    Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Des Moines based tech company Dwolla seems to keep getting headlines and now it looks like they have a famous investor...

    Exclusive: Ashton Kutcher Talks To KCCI | Project Economy - KCCI Home

    I have to admit, I have yet to try buying anything using Dwolla but my interest is definitely piqued.

    (yes, we all know he's a big Hawkeye so I'll save you the keystrokes.)


    Last edited by capitalcityguy; 04-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    CCG

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 389,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,849
    Points
    389,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 426

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    I dont care that hes a Hawk. Thats only a portion of his douchebaggery. Nice to see hes putting money into our economy I guess.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 121,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,323
    Points
    121,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 805

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    I've used Dwolla. It's simple and pretty similar to paypal. Way lower fees (flat fee of $.25 per transaction w/ Dwolla). My church uses Dwolla for tithing.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 157,426, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,986
    Points
    157,426
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 9

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Anyone feel like explaining Dwolla to me?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 167,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,200
    Points
    167,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    is Dwolla actually accepted anywhere?




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 121,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,323
    Points
    121,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 805

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    Anyone feel like explaining Dwolla to me?
    https://www.dwolla.com/personal



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 169,224, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,644
    Points
    169,224
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 1,410

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by ianoconnor View Post
    It's pretty cool and I think it will take off but personally I like using my credit card to pay for everything so I can earn rewards.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 51,035, Level: 69
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Broodwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    42.186391, -93.598597
    Posts
    2,044
    Points
    51,035
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONECONES View Post
    is Dwolla actually accepted anywhere?
    We accept it at my wife's business. Took about 5 minutes to setup.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,595, Level: 95
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,455
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,203
    Points
    93,595
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    It's pretty cool and I think it will take off but personally I like using my credit card to pay for everything so I can earn rewards.
    And us business owners hate you for it

    Just as a fyi to anyone that may care the place you purchase your goods at pays for your rewards when you make purchases. Not the credit card companies or the banks. We get charged a certain % for each transaction based on the rewards a card offers. If you have a american express with great rewards it will cost around 6-7% to process the payment. I currently pay 1% for a visa or mastercard debit transaction for comparison.

    I have had customers ask me why I don't accept American Express because they have great rewards and this is the answer that I give them.

    Just remember all costs of selling a product are figured in when determining pricing for that item.

    Before we accepted cards I just assumed the rewards were a way for a bank to save money on processing checks, and maybe it was at one point. Now that I accept cards I see it as just a money making proposition for credit card companies.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 53,283, Level: 71
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    2,970
    Points
    53,283
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 508

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Des Moines based tech company Dwolla seems to keep getting headlines and now it looks like they have a famous investor...

    Exclusive: Ashton Kutcher Talks To KCCI | Project Economy - KCCI Home

    I have to admit, I have yet to try buying anything using Dwolla but my interest is definitely peaked.

    (yes, we all know he's a big Hawkeye so I'll save you the keystrokes.)
    I think you mean piqued, which is from the French for ***** (such as poking with a needle) - which 50% of the readers of this post will decide I am one, for pointing this out.

    That wasn't my intent, of course. Sometimes you CAN learn stuff by being on the internet. Even CF.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 34,897, Level: 57
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,646
    Points
    34,897
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 91

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Having had some experiences with the organizations Dwolla is attempting to make moot... I think Dwolla is the next big thing. As the Dwolla founder has stated, it has become too difficult and costly to transfer ones own money to another party. Dwolla makes it easier and much less costly. In a world were cost effectiveness and efficiency rule, Dwolla is about to take over.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 169,224, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,644
    Points
    169,224
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 1,410

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    And us business owners hate you for it

    Just as a fyi to anyone that may care the place you purchase your goods at pays for your rewards when you make purchases. Not the credit card companies or the banks. We get charged a certain % for each transaction based on the rewards a card offers. If you have a american express with great rewards it will cost around 6-7% to process the payment. I currently pay 1% for a visa or mastercard debit transaction for comparison.

    I have had customers ask me why I don't accept American Express because they have great rewards and this is the answer that I give them.

    Just remember all costs of selling a product are figured in when determining pricing for that item.

    Before we accepted cards I just assumed the rewards were a way for a bank to save money on processing checks, and maybe it was at one point. Now that I accept cards I see it as just a money making proposition for credit card companies.
    Wow, I really had no idea that the business ate that cost.

    I figured it was just an incentive for the CC companies to get you to overspend and not being able to pay your bill off every month, then eating you up with interest.


    Last edited by The_Architect; 04-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  13. #13
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 305,652, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,479
    Points
    305,652
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,127

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by ianoconnor View Post
    I've used Dwolla. It's simple and pretty similar to paypal. Way lower fees (flat fee of $.25 per transaction w/ Dwolla). My church uses Dwolla for tithing.
    If it breaks up the Paypal monopoly, I'm all for it!



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 28,242, Level: 51
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    LegendofRodA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    983
    Points
    28,242
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 9

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Wow, I really had no idea that the business ate that cost.

    I figured it was just an incentive for the CC companies to get you to overspend and not being able to pay your bill off every more, then eating you up with interest.
    I was the same way until recently and my buddy launched his web business and showed me the cost of CC transactions and I was like whaaaaaat?



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 452,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,746
    Points
    452,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

    Re: Ashton Kutcher in DM...throwing some of his $$ at Dwolla

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONECONES View Post
    is Dwolla actually accepted anywhere?
    It is accepted almost nowhere.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM