Next year's top 25 (Katz)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 55,082, Level: 72
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,296
    Points
    55,082
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Andy Katz: Indiana Hoosiers will continue moving up in 2012-13 - ESPN

    Andy Katz released his top 25 for next year. Notables: Kansas 3rd, Michigan 8th, Baylor 10th, Texas 16th, KSU 20th. ISU is not listed, not even in the next 15. This very strange for Katz, he's usually very pro-ISU. I have a hard time seeing Texas and KSU being ahead of us (especially 20+ spots ahead).



  2. #2
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes13 View Post
    Andy Katz: Indiana Hoosiers will continue moving up in 2012-13 - ESPN

    Andy Katz released his top 25 for next year. Notables: Kansas 3rd, Michigan 8th, Baylor 10th, Texas 16th, KSU 20th. ISU is not listed, not even in the next 15. This very strange for Katz, he's usually very pro-ISU. I have a hard time seeing Texas and KSU being ahead of us (especially 20+ spots ahead).
    It's just plain asinine to release any of this crap so soon; there's still the draft deadline, transfers yet to find homes, and potential coaching changes to happen. I am normally a huge Katz fanboy, but WTF would he write up this drivel for?

    That said, I don't see how Duke isn't favored more. They're returning damn near everyone.



  3. #3
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 266,593, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,418
    Points
    266,593
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 133

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Still don't know how they don't have Iowa State in the Top 25, let alone top 40, but it isn't just Katz's Top 25.

    This is the first crack. It's a combined effort by several of my ESPN colleagues. Try not to take it too seriously. We'll take another swing before long.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 10,068, Level: 30
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    680
    Points
    10,068
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    It is tough to make a prediction right now outside of the top 10 or so. If Lockett commits and we get another big guy in here I think it would be tough to keep us outside of the top 30 or 35 to start the season. But right now we NEED Lockett. Babb isnt going to cut it at the 2 spot if he cant make an open 3.... Lucious isnt a scorer, so who do we go to besides Clyburn? We need Lockett. period.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 22,529, Level: 45
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    clone319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    720
    Points
    22,529
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    bobby lutz got a mention.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,469, Level: 32
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Malone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    326
    Points
    11,469
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    It's just plain asinine to release any of this crap so soon; there's still the draft deadline, transfers yet to find homes, and potential coaching changes to happen. I am normally a huge Katz fanboy, but WTF would he write up this drivel for?

    That said, I don't see how Duke isn't favored more. They're returning damn near everyone.
    Austin Rivers is bye-bye.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 64,862, Level: 79
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,588
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,200
    Points
    64,862
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 54

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    Still don't know how they don't have Iowa State in the Top 25, let alone top 40, but it isn't just Katz's Top 25.
    Really? We finished this year ranked 25th and lost our top three players. Not hard to see how we wouldn't be ranked going into next season.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 343,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,600
    Points
    343,384
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 563
    Given: 356

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Really? We finished this year ranked 25th and lost our top three players. Not hard to see how we wouldn't be ranked going into next season.
    Correct. We might be a top 25 team next year, but just like this season - we'll have a host of newcomers. Much that is unknown at this point.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,884, Level: 63
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,095
    Points
    42,884
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 37

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    We lost our 3 leading scorers. Nobody is going to give us preseason love, these guys will have to prove themselves just like last years team.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 734,534, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,970
    Points
    734,534
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,124
    Given: 1,011

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    I don't mind them releasing a highly theoretical top 25. It's not like they signed it into law or something. And I don't mind if we fly under the radar to start next season either- just gives the guys something to prove again. Eventually they will figure out not to underestimate the Fred.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 16,037, Level: 38
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GoClones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    555
    Points
    16,037
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 24

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    The Texas prediction of top 25 is a joke. J'Coven Brown declared for the NBA, and he was pretty much Texas' offense last year. This is what always gets under my skin about national preseason top twenty five predictions, they have no clue how teams will look like next year.

    Anyone knows an injury here, a transfer there, or a coach moving on to greener pastures can totally change the dynamic of a team. TOO EARLY.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 23,926, Level: 47
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    cjclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    420
    Points
    23,926
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by GoClones123 View Post

    Anyone knows an injury here, a transfer there, or a coach moving on to greener pastures can totally change the dynamic of a team. TOO EARLY.
    Everyone knows it is just internet messaage boards that should be doing that.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 73,879, Level: 84
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 971
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,052
    Points
    73,879
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by GoClones123 View Post
    The Texas prediction of top 25 is a joke. J'Coven Brown declared for the NBA, and he was pretty much Texas' offense last year. This is what always gets under my skin about national preseason top twenty five predictions, they have no clue how teams will look like next year.

    Anyone knows an injury here, a transfer there, or a coach moving on to greener pastures can totally change the dynamic of a team. TOO EARLY.
    its supposed to be too early, that's why they do it. they put it out every year after the tourney is over. then they move stuff around throughout the spring summer. its just a guess/for fun.



  14. #14
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
    Austin Rivers is bye-bye.
    Overrated crybaby that they're replacing with the #3 SG in his class.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 30,124, Level: 53
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abcguyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Olathe
    Posts
    1,746
    Points
    30,124
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Re: Next year's top 25 (Katz)

    Mizzou at #25???? They lose most of their team and have nothing particularly spectacular coming in recruit-wise. Only thing MU has going for them next year is a much easier conference schedule next year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM