Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 899
    Given: 2,305

Loving Baylor's excuse for the loss

NCAA denies superstitious Baylor’s request to wear neon | The Dagger: College Basketball Blog - Yahoo! Sports

On behalf of everyone outside of Baylor country, THANK YOU NCAA for sparing us of halving to see that neon crap. Although the "Army fatigues" uni's weren't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,298
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 53

Re: Loving Baylor's excuse for the loss

They ran into a team that has more NBA talent, and a great coach to boot. They had a hard enough time beating B12 schools that were far less talented, let alone one of the best teams in college basketball in the last 5 years.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 400

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    They ran into a team that spent more on NBA talent, and a great coach to boot. They had a hard enough time beating B12 schools that were far less talented, let alone one of the best teams in college basketball in the last 5 years.
    FIFY

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 98

I figured it had something to do with Scott Drew being a terrable game coach.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 251

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    They ran into a team that has more NBA talent, and a great coach to boot. They had a hard enough time beating B12 schools that were far less talented, let alone one of the best teams in college basketball in the last 5 years.
    This. And IMO, they would have been knocked out no later than the Sweet Sixteen if it weren't for several upsets.

I was never sold on Baylor, and Drew's average coaching ability and lack of killer instinct as a team was the chief reason why. They never had a chance against Kentucky, and now that UNC is out, I don't think anyone else does, either (I say that with the expectation that Marshall would have played next weekend).

Last edited by tm3308; 03-26-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time. CycloneErik 7/25/2011

With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing. CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Legend
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 294

Kentucky players might take a pay cut in the nba.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 2

The real reason they lost was because the NCAA denied their request for a pre-Game Snake Handling revival in the locker room.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    This. And IMO, they would have been knocked out no later than the Sweet Sixteen if it weren't for several upsets.

I was never sold on Baylor, and Drew's average coaching ability and lack of killer instinct as a team was the chief reason why. They never had a chance against Kentucky, and now that UNC is out, I don't think anyone else does, ethier (I say that with the expectation that Marshall would have played next weekend).
    Agreed 100%.

I don't think anyone left has the talent to beat Kentucky now. Baylor has the talent, but they have the unfortunate drawback of being coached by Scott Drew. UNC with Marshall had a chance, the other teams just aren't deep enough, and have a lot of dropoff after their top couple players.

Louisville goes as Siva does, and Kansas goes as Robinson does. OSU has Sullinger, but they can do OK without him. I don't think anyone can go toe to toe with Kentucky if Kentucky really wants it. UNC with Marshall, and Syracuse with Melo could have I think.

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

Quote Originally Posted by digZ View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I don't think anyone left has the talent to beat Kentucky now. Baylor has the talent, but they have the unfortunate drawback of being coached by Scott Drew. UNC with Marshall had a chance, the other teams just aren't deep enough, and have a lot of dropoff after their top couple players.

Louisville goes as Siva does, and Kansas goes as Robinson does. OSU has Sullinger, but they can do OK without him. I don't think anyone can go toe to toe with Kentucky if Kentucky really wants it. UNC with Marshall, and Syracuse with Melo could have I think.
    If UK losses it's because UK played poorly. Not because someone beat them. But isn't that how it works in the tourney? If ISU played well (hit their 3's) and UK played their average game ISU might have had a chance.

Now that they are in the final 4 your're either playing an extremely lucky team or a good team. So either way if you don't play well you are screwed. Same thing for UK. Even with all of their talent the competition is stiff enough even if they don't play up to their standard of play they will lose eventually.

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post

I was never sold on Baylor, and Drew's average coaching ability and lack of killer instinct as a team was the chief reason why. They never had a chance against Kentucky, and now that UNC is out, I don't think anyone else does, either (I say that with the expectation that Marshall would have played next weekend).
    I think the only team in the field that could beat them is Syracuse, with Melo. But that is not going to happen. I do not agree with your point that Baylor is only in the elite 8 because of upsets. They can pretty much beat anyone. Baylor has a ton of talent. They had a tough non conference schedule and beat everyone on it. Look at their losses this year. Mizzou 3 times, KU twice, KSU (with a full lineup), and ISU AT Hilton. Those are all quality losses. With that said, they are poorly coached.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 251

Quote Originally Posted by cayin View Post
    I think the only team in the field that could beat them is Syracuse, with Melo. But that is not going to happen. I do not agree with your point that Baylor is only in the elite 8 because of upsets. They can pretty much beat anyone. Baylor has a ton of talent. They had a tough non conference schedule and beat everyone on it. Look at their losses this year. Mizzou 3 times, KU twice, KSU (with a full lineup), and ISU AT Hilton. Those are all quality losses. With that said, they are poorly coached.
    They've got as much, or more talent than anyone in the country, and are thus capable of beating anyone on a given night. But I've long felt that they lack the key intangibles to be a true contender, and that was evidenced by far too many close wins over the Big 12's cellar dwellers. They can lose to almost anyone, too, and show that vulnerability more often than the other top seeds.

I wouldn't pick them against a Kansas, for example. Against more of the proven winners of college basketball, they struggle. Those teams know how to win on the big stage; Baylor doesn't. And that's why I picked Duke to beat them in my bracket (that obviously got blown to hell, but I still feel Baylor wouldn't have made it to the Elite Eight had Duke not gotten upset).

So I won't say the upsets are the ONLY reason Baylor made the Elite Eight, but it was a huge factor, IMO.

Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time. CycloneErik 7/25/2011

With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing. CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Starter
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Im still shaking my head that we got put with Kentucky. I think we could have made a really nice run. Damn you texas!

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I figured it had something to do with Scott Drew being a terrable game coach.
    This. But I am surprised Drew had three timeouts well into to second half. Would've figured he'd call them all before halftime....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 472
    Given: 423

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone22 View Post
    Im still shaking my head that we got put with Kentucky. I think we could have made a really nice run. Damn you texas!
    Don't blame Texas. They just showed up and played an average game.

Legend
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 158

They beat KU with the camo jerseys on, didnt they?