Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 22

Harrison Barnes

Was there a (hidden) reason that HB was so sold on going to N. Carolina?
    I remember when he was all high on NC being a great business school and all. I mean who did he think he was fooling? I never had the chance to stick a microphone in his face and ask him, but wasn't it clear he was going NBA after a season or two? ...couldn't he have done that here??? ...if you say he wanted to be part of a National Championship team, I'd say, "well, how's that workin' out for ya?" ((If there were other threads on this forgive me))

Last edited by Psyclone Brian; 03-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 28

Re: Harrison Barnes

Unc fans are really starting to turn on him.

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 8

It's always easier and grass greener in other areas. Also he was in the midst of the McDermott era. That wasn,t the best era.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Wasn't Duke the other school that was on Harrison Barnes' final list? If that was the case, and Barnes wanted to attend the best business school, isn't the Duke Fuqua school of business considered ahead of UNC?

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein
    "If your worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on" Lance Armstrong
    "Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." Paris Hilton
    "Money is one of the greatest instruments of freedom ever invented by man." F.A. Hayek

Walk On
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re:Harrison Barnes

He struggled big time today.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 748
    Given: 522

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    I remember when he was all high on NC being a great business school and all. I mean who did he think he was fooling? I never had the chance to stick a microphone in his face and ask him, but wasn't it clear he was going NBA after a season or two? ...couldn't he have done that here??? ...if you say he wanted to be part of a National Championship team, I'd say, "well, how's that workin' out for ya?" ((If there were other threads on this forgive me))

Which also makes me wonder... couldn't Chizik have bought his QB when he was up here, and any other players he wanted??? (I'm not looking for any arguements, I'm just curious as to the mentality of such individuals)
    Really? Let the hate go.

And he's come a hell of a lot closer to a national championship at UNC than he ever would have at ISU. Why? Because Chewie McDoormat would still be the coach at ISU, and if that were the case Barnes and ISU would be an NIT team at best.

Instead of all of this hate for Barnes, all of us ISU fans should be thanking him for doing ISU the biggest favor anyone's ever done for this program since Orr ditched Michigan for us by going to UNC, because if he came here Chewy would have never left for Creighton and Hoiberg would still be in the Timberwolves front office.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 286

Which also makes me wonder... couldn't Chizik have bought his QB when he was up here, and any other players he wanted??? (I'm not looking for any arguements, I'm just curious as to the mentality of such individuals)
    I had the sneaking suspicion from the get go that he would play at least two years in college. And I read a comment in another thread that said Barnes wanted to graduate in three years, and was on pace to do so. I don't think he was trying to fool anyone with his talk about the business school.

He's serious about his education, and I actually find it extremely sad that we now have to question a kid like him when he says that. He's always been exactly what you'd want in the man your daughter marries: smart, kind, humble. I don't have any doubts as to his character.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRocketCY View Post
    He struggled big time today.
    No kidding. Royce shined against the best competition. HB looked outclassed in the tourney. Kind of sad for him.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    Wasn't Duke the other school that was on Harrison Barnes' final list? If that was the case, and Barnes wanted to attend the best business school, isn't the Duke Fuqua school of business considered ahead of UNC?
    Obviously, basketball and other factors (campus atmosphere, etc.) have a role in the decision process. But UNC's business school is a helluva lot closer to Duke's than ISU's is to UNC's. UNC is right up there with the Ivy League for business. You can't go wrong when you get to that level.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Really? Let the hate go.
    Not to clear where you're getting the "hate" from... I was simply asking why he "really" left for UNC. The Mc Dermott era makes perfect sense. But on the other hand, couldn't you imagine Barnes, and McDermott on the same team? That could've been interesting.
    Oh well, NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Go Fred! ...and his Cyclones!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Not to clear where you're getting the "hate" from... I was simply asking why he "really" left for UNC. The Mc Dermott era makes perfect sense. But on the other hand, couldn't you imagine Barnes, and McDermott on the same team? That could've been interesting.
    Oh well, NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Go Fred! ...and his Cyclones!
    I don't have to imagine Barnes and McDermott on the same team. I remember it, having watched them in person at the Well.

Plus, Doug was never coming to ISU anyway, so that point is moot.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,820
    Given: 190

An Elite 8 and what probably should have been at least a Final Four are two pretty good reasons I'd say.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I guess I'm just wondering if he is genuinly going to finish out the next 2 years at UNC, or will he go Pro now, and if he ever was serious about that business degree, will he ultimately finish school (while playing PRO ball)

I understand that things in life... situations... w/e can easily change. I certainly wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.

Last edited by Psyclone Brian; 03-25-2012 at 10:39 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Obviously, basketball and other factors (campus atmosphere, etc.) have a role in the decision process. But UNC's business school is a helluva lot closer to Duke's than ISU's is to UNC's. UNC is right up there with the Ivy League for business. You can't go wrong when you get to that level.
    Duke doesn't have an undergrad business program. The Ivy League isn't really the measuring stick for undergrad business programs. But yes UNC does have a very good business program.

When all is said and done, more is said than done

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 128

I guess I'm just wondering if he is genuinly going to finish out the next 2 years at UNC, or will he go Pro now, and if he ever was serious about that business degree, will he ultimately finish school (while playing PRO ball)

I understand that things in life... situations... w/e can easily change. I sertainly wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.
    Harrison said he wanted to graduate in 3 years. I see him at UNC next year and hopefully he can finish as planned.