Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

ISU image and tradition

I for one am a fan of all the improvements that have been shown thus far (field paint, tunnel, sirens, smoke, ect.). I always read fans complaining about the use of blue as an accent color and other things not being "traditional" enough. Well to complain about such things you need to look at our tradition in football. We are not a USC, Norte Dame, or Penn St. We just don't have that. We need to have this "new school" look to bring energy to the program. I put us in more of a parallel with the Oregons, Texas Techs, and Boise St.'s of the world. Now I realize that these schools are not always in the best taste (ie. Oregon's unis and Boise's blue turf), but they all bring a new look to what they do. Do I wish some things were slightly modified and made better, of course I do, but I also think that will happen over time. And here's to hoping we win tomorrow and often, because when you are winning who cares what color the field and uniforms are.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 619
    Given: 390
    Blue is serene. Red connotates to blood and is used by McDonalds to make you hungry. We are hungry to win.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Actually, bright orange is the color that triggers the feeling of hunger. If you look at most fast food menus, that's what the color is.

On topic, I agree with you, HGPuck. I like everything that Pollard has done so far, and all the changes that have been made. I like them not necessarily because I think they unquestionably are well-designed, but because they represent a change in the program; they are visible proof that we are moving forward and are going to keep doing so.

Pollard is trying new things- lots of them- and you have to give him credit for that. He's going balls to the wall. Do I think one or two of his ideas are going to not be very successful? Probably. Do I think some ideas are great in concept but need a touch of refining in implementation? Sure. But do I hate the fact that he's making changes? Absolutely not. Despite his efforts of the last 10 months, the man is only human just like the rest of us, and it's possible he'll make a mistake. (I certainly doubt it'll be a big one, though.) Personally, I'd rather have some totally absurd, loony thing show up at some point in the game, be loudly reviled, and go away the next year so we can all have a good nostalgic laugh about it down the road, than have everything remain exactly the same as it has been for the last 9 years.

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 1,081
    for those that give you a hard time about blue.

Next time you are at Hilton, look up to the jerseys that are retired. blue used to be on our BB uni's. it is apart of our image and tradition.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep