Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 185,536, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,594
    Points
    185,536
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 711

    Positive of Royce going pro

    There are very few positives of losing one of the greatest Cyclones ever.

    However, one thing I can see looking great for Hoiberg is that his calling card as our coach was going to be putting guys in the NBA. Fred's connections to the NBA and high level of recruiting can now be tied together a little closer, vs being just speculation on what he can do.

    It really sucks that Royce is going pro, bigtime. But this can only help Fred regarding other future recruits.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 417,143, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,199
    Points
    417,143
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,054
    Given: 726

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Royce is just plain unique on and off the court. He has charisma and is an ambassador for causes.

    It will be fun to watch him play on the world NBA stage.

    Maybe he can come back to watch a game next year.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 100,011, Level: 98
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,039
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,324
    Points
    100,011
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 136

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Royce will help SELL the program to recruits and the public.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Fred will get a ton of mileage out of this. He's shown what he can do with a player and that he will help them make a decision with their, not his, best interests in mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 40,859, Level: 62
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,258
    Points
    40,859
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 27

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    His job is to win games and championships. It is not to put 4 or 5 star players in the NBA.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 38,037, Level: 60
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,646
    Points
    38,037
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 11

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Yep. Fred most likely took a voluntary hit to his program to put the best interests of one of his players first. That will earn him some cred amongst recruits, assuming that Royce does get drafted where he is projected to.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    His job is to win games and championships. It is not to put 4 or 5 star players in the NBA.
    You don't see a correlation between the two?


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 27,370, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Points
    27,370
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    There are very few positives of losing one of the greatest Cyclones ever.

    However, one thing I can see looking great for Hoiberg is that his calling card as our coach was going to be putting guys in the NBA. Fred's connections to the NBA and high level of recruiting can now be tied together a little closer, vs being just speculation on what he can do.

    It really sucks that Royce is going pro, bigtime. But this can only help Fred regarding other future recruits.
    I agree with your sentiment, but disagree with your ranking of Royce being one of the greatest cyclones ever. I don't we will retire his jersey some day. Is he a great cyclone? Yes. One of the greatest ever? Probably not.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,574, Level: 74
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,711
    Points
    57,574
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 29

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BooneCy View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but disagree with your ranking of Royce being one of the greatest cyclones ever. I don't we will retire his jersey some day. Is he a great cyclone? Yes. One of the greatest ever? Probably not.
    let's split hairs



  10. #10
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 509,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,854
    Points
    509,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 3,809

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    His job is to win games and championships. It is not to put 4 or 5 star players in the NBA.
    4 or 5 star players' jobs are to get themselves in the NBA, winning games is just gravy that helps accomplish that. Probably good to serve their interests to get them here.


    M 7/09

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,914, Level: 61
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,193
    Points
    39,914
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 47

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    i think he stays still! whos with me????



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 37,820, Level: 59
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUCY23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,409
    Points
    37,820
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 126

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BooneCy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    There are very few positives of losing one of the greatest Cyclones ever. However, one thing I can see looking great for Hoiberg is that his calling card as our coach was going to be putting guys in the NBA. Fred's connections to the NBA and high level of recruiting can now be tied together a little closer, vs being just speculation on what he can do. It really sucks that Royce is going pro, bigtime. But this can only help Fred regarding other future recruits.
    I agree with your sentiment, but disagree with your ranking of Royce being one of the greatest cyclones ever. I don't we will retire his jersey some day. Is he a great cyclone? Yes. One of the greatest ever? Probably not.
    He probably could've been if he stayed longer.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 157,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    His job is to win games and championships. It is not to put 4 or 5 star players in the NBA.

    failure not to connect the two is at your level.


    Last edited by Palmer; 03-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 39,173, Level: 61
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,177
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,225
    Points
    39,173
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 1,572

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    i think he stays still! whos with me????
    I believe Cyclone Power! It's not over til I hear it from the horse's mouth. I've wavered all day, but I would argue Royce wouldn't set a press conference to get his fans jacked up and then say hes leaving (He's not Lebron).

    Also- I know information travels quick, but Fred got all this info for Royce in 72 hours? Color me surprised. He was doing radio shows half the day Monday.

    I can see Royce coming off an adrenaline rush and just wanting to come back and win that championship!!

    That being said, I won't be surprised either way.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 111,928, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,851
    Points
    111,928
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 282

    Re: Positive of Royce going pro

    Royce leaving is somewhat of a hit to next year's team, but I think we have players waiting to step up. I think if given more minutes, Booker and Gibson will answer the call.

    In the longer term, Fred is showing he can do what he said he can do (coach talented players, prep them for NBA) and that will get us higher caliber players who can compete for championships. I can't wait to see how recruiting improves if we get another player drafted next year.

    OOOOOO-WEEEE!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State vs. TCU
  • January 31, 2015
  • 01:00 PM