Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 45,379, Level: 65
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Points
    45,379
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    entering into the season?

    With White and Lucious its really going to be tough for teams to guard ISU even more so next year....

    If a team is going to do a full press court, well good luck against White and Lucious as you might of well pack your bags...



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 98,142, Level: 97
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 908
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    7,529
    Points
    98,142
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 12

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    not going in, but hopefully at the end!



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 21,269, Level: 44
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Jeffreyisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    805
    Points
    21,269
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 20

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonefan1983 View Post
    entering into the season?

    With White and Lucious its really going to be tough for teams to guard ISU even more so next year....

    If a team is going to do a full press court, well good luck against White and Lucious as you might of well pack your bags...
    If White returns, no way we aren't top 20.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 78,154, Level: 86
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    6,272
    Points
    78,154
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 14

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    I think we might be ranked top 25 preseason, but who knows. I'd just hope it wouldn't end up like Texas A&M where they have high expectations and then end up with only 4 wins.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Entering? No chance. Those will be your Duke, KU,UK,UNC and the others that occupy that year in and year out



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 131,406, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    4200'50"N 93
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    131,406
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    ...not sure where I saw it, but some sportswriter did mention that ISU could be a top 10 pre-season "if" Royce comes back.
    And with the rest of the team that defines the well-oiled-machinery that "IS" the Iowa State Cyclones men's basketball team... no reason we can't start out with a single digit next to our name. I'm just waiting to find out if we're going on another European BB trip, or perhaps a pre-season NIT. Whatever happens, we will be very tough to beat!

    I'm guessing we could be about a #14 at best



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 856,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,006
    Points
    856,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,262
    Given: 1,084

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    We'll have the talent but not the ranking in the beginning.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,286, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,286
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 704

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Back in 1996 we were ranked #3 or #4 for a brief time before that Marquette loss. I could see us top 10. Not sure to start, but if we get into the top 25 preseason, it is a lot easier to move up.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 63,955, Level: 78
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,594
    Points
    63,955
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 18

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    ...not sure where I saw it, but some sportswriter did mention that ISU could be a top 10 pre-season "if" Royce comes back.
    And with the rest of the team that defines the well-oiled-machinery that "IS" the Iowa State Cyclones men's basketball team... no reason we can't start out with a single digit next to our name. I'm just waiting to find out if we're going on another European BB trip, or perhaps a pre-season NIT. Whatever happens, we will be very tough to beat!

    I'm guessing we could be about a #14 at best
    You can only go on one Overseas trip per 4 years so that is a no. And we are doing that Las Vegas tourney that UNC was in this year.


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  10. #10
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,286, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,286
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 704

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Back in 1996 we were ranked #3 or #4 for a brief time before that Marquette loss. I could see us top 10. Not sure to start, but if we get into the top 25 preseason, it is a lot easier to move up.
    I realize that we got high rankings with the 2000 and 2001 teams, but the 1996-97 team got ranked fairly early and faded a bit, then of course made the sweet sixteen. Just to say, it's possible.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 856,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,006
    Points
    856,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,262
    Given: 1,084

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    I realize that we got high rankings with the 2000 and 2001 teams, but the 1996-97 team got ranked fairly early and faded a bit, then of course made the sweet sixteen. Just to say, it's possible.
    Is this your own thread within a thread?

    It's good stuff. I'm just curious. And fried.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 131,406, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    4200'50"N 93
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    131,406
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    You can only go on one Overseas trip per 4 years so that is a no. And we are doing that Las Vegas tourney that UNC was in this year.
    That is true, (I forgot about the overseas thing) But do we know who else is going to be in that desert classic? (or w/e they call it?)



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 150,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,505
    Points
    150,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 257

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Probably looking at preseason top-15 or top-20, post-season top-5.



  14. #14
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,286, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,286
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 704

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is this your own thread within a thread?

    It's good stuff. I'm just curious. And fried.
    Just realized I should explain myself after the initial post before the jackals jumped in.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 856,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,006
    Points
    856,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,262
    Given: 1,084

    Re: If White returns is ISU a top 5 or top 10 team next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    That is true, (I forgot about the overseas thing) But do we know who else is going to be in that desert classic? (or w/e they call it?)
    Someone posted UNLV, Cincinnati, and Oregon. Pretty decent field.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM