Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: GBW v KU

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 25,212, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,827
    Points
    25,212
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    UW-GB v KU

    Started as a UK romp, but, Green Bay closing in fast 55-54 with 6:00 remaining. I think a GB good showing soothes my pain.


    Last edited by BenEClone; 03-20-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: GBW v KU

    Green Bay has forced 30 Kentucky turnovers with 5 minutes left. Puts our game in perspective a bit.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 26,913, Level: 50
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,882
    Points
    26,913
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: GBW v KU

    Looks like UK with 34 Turnovers now...but they might get by. 7 sec left.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: GBW v KU

    Kentucky wins 65-62. Green Bay forced 34 turnovers.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 25,212, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,827
    Points
    25,212
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    Green Bay has forced 30 Kentucky turnovers with 5 minutes left. Puts our game in perspective a bit.
    UK wins 65-62. Bad decisions by GB in last 30 secs. But, huge comeback from blowout first half. Let's hire whoever coached the GB defense.


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 140,628, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,193
    Points
    140,628
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 102

    Re: GBW v KU

    I think it's funny you chose to use GBW and KU as abbreviations for these teams. It's akin to using to UIS for us.

    UW-GB vs. UK is what you were going for



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 25,212, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,827
    Points
    25,212
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I think it's funny you chose to use GBW and KU as abbreviations for these teams. It's akin to using to UIS for us.

    UW-GB vs. UK is what you were going for
    No, what I was going for is that the University of Kentucky women's basketball team was kicking the **** out of the University of Greenbay at Wisconsin women's basketball team and the Phoenix were making a comeback which made me feel a little bit better about getting our *** kicked by them. Most knew what I was going for. Sorry for the misnomer.


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 12,025, Level: 33
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    NewClone09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    200
    Points
    12,025
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: GBW v KU

    So wait, is it UK or KU??..<insert overused but hilarious pirate icon>



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 447,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    18,750
    Points
    447,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,898

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    No, what I was going for is that the University of Kentucky women's basketball team was kicking the **** out of the University of Greenbay at Wisconsin women's basketball team and the Phoenix were making a comeback which made me feel a little bit better about getting our *** kicked by them. Most knew what I was going for. Sorry for the misnomer.

    Sorry but I was the other way. I dressed in Blue and cheered like crazy for Kentucky. It's was a bummer that GB made a game of it. I wanted them to get destroyed and in the first half they got a taste of what they did to us. CONGRATS TO KENTUCKY, Oh and UW-GB it looks like you need to change you motto from YES WE CAN to NO WE CAN'T!


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 63,039, Level: 77
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,739
    Points
    63,039
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 19

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Sorry but I was the other way. I dressed in Blue and cheered like crazy for Kentucky. It's was a bummer that GB made a game of it. I wanted them to get destroyed and in the first half they got a taste of what they did to us. CONGRATS TO KENTUCKY, Oh and UW-GB it looks like you need to change you motto from YES WE CAN to NO WE CAN'T!
    I felt like I was at an Obama rally!



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 25,212, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,827
    Points
    25,212
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: GBW v KU

    Sorry, too much left-over Jameson and still hurting by the end of our season. I wish we were playing next weekend.


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 23,325, Level: 46
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    898
    Points
    23,325
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 43

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Sorry but I was the other way. I dressed in Blue and cheered like crazy for Kentucky. It's was a bummer that GB made a game of it. I wanted them to get destroyed and in the first half they got a taste of what they did to us.
    We were there wearing blue as well, cheering for Kentucky the whole way. Refs were awful again, as always. The game got way out of control and nothing was being called for the longest time in the 2nd half. They finally burped up their whistles the last few minutes and called GB for some well-deserved offensive fouls. Hope the bus ride home for their fans is nice and long. With all their whining, complaining, and feelings of entitlement, arrogance and superiority, they may as well have been Hawk fans cheering for Lisa Blunder. If they never come back to Hilton, it will be too soon.


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 17,906, Level: 40
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,889
    Points
    17,906
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

    Re: GBW v KU

    I have to say watching GB get beat tonight was nice. My whole family wore blue and cheered for UK.

    I am still amazed at how Matt Bollant constantly is told to sit down, his assistant was told multiple times to stay on the bench, yet they were never warned. Meanwhile UK's coach gets up and has a legitimate complaint on a foul call and is warned. Bollant could win an Academy Award for whining. Maybe next year they can get shipped to Spokane and play in Gonzaga's gym.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 447,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    18,750
    Points
    447,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,898

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster28 View Post
    We were there wearing blue as well, cheering for Kentucky the whole way. Refs were awful again, as always. The game got way out of control and nothing was being called for the longest time in the 2nd half. They finally burped up their whistles the last few minutes and called GB for some well-deserved offensive fouls. Hope the bus ride home for their fans is nice and long. With all their whining, complaining, and feelings of entitlement, arrogance and superiority, they may as well have been Hawk fans cheering for Lisa Blunder. If they never come back to Hilton, it will be too soon.

    This. The officials doing the games Sat. must have never called a charge in their life. For the most parts these were good. I visited with the female one at Old Chicago Sunday. She said she was an official but when I brought the games Sat. she didn't know anything that had happened. So they must have been in just for Monday.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 447,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    18,750
    Points
    447,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,898

    Re: GBW v KU

    Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    I have to say watching GB get beat tonight was nice. My whole family wore blue and cheered for UK.

    I am still amazed at how Matt Bollant constantly is told to sit down, his assistant was told multiple times to stay on the bench, yet they were never warned. Meanwhile UK's coach gets up and has a legitimate complaint on a foul call and is warned. Bollant could win an Academy Award for whining. Maybe next year they can get shipped to Spokane and play in Gonzaga's gym.
    This. I thought a team only had 1 head coach. The other guy seemed to be coaching more than Bollant. That would be awesome. Because of their team and fans they have tarnished my opinion of the town of GB.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM