Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,566
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 112

Complete and total 'FAIL' from the ISU Alumni Association...

First off, this is going to be a griping/********/venting post, so if you have no interest in reading a complaint, probably best to stop now...

Anyway, as I've referenced before, I was with my dad in Louisville for the tournament last weekend. On Saturday we were both expecting to be able to go to an ISU pep/spirit rally, something put on by the university or by someone or some group associated with the university to bring all the Cyclone fans in Louisville together and get everybody fired up, especially with a match-up against Kentucky looming later that night.

Instead...we get nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. We ask other Cyclone fans if there is anything planned, and nobody has heard anything. I finally check the ISU athletic department website and don't see anything about a pep rally anywhere, so then I check the ISU Alumni Association website. Under events, it says no formal events are planned for Louisville, although the local Louisville chapter of alumi will be hosting a gamewatch party at a local pizza place a block or two away from the Yum Center at 5 pm. My dad and I had actually heard about the pizza place and checked it out for a bit on Thursday, but it wasn't too busy at the time and did seem intended for local ISU alumni. It was a nice-sized room for the restaurant, but not nearly big enough to hold more than a few dozen people, if that. Yesterday morning at the airport we ran into a fellow ISU fan flying back to the Twin Cities who informed us (when told of the story) that he had contacted the Alumni Association before coming down and was told that nothing would be formally planned unless the Cyclones made the Sweet 16.

So...let me get this straight; this is the first tournament the men's team had made in 7 years. ISU is playing the #1 team in the country, and the Alumni Association makes no effort whatsoever to organize a pep rally in the area for fans to get together and celebrate, buy Cyclone shirts, hats, etc. and get fired up for the game? You're only going to do this if and when we get to Atlanta, farther away from Ames than Louisville is?

Absolute, rank incompetence IMO. I compare it to my experience two years ago when I went to Oklahoma City to support UNI (yes, I'm a dual fan. For those of you who don't like that, get over it.), when both before the UNLV game and the Kansas game the UNI Alumni Association and/or the Panther Scholarship Club rented out the upstairs party room of a local restaurant a block or two from the Ford Center for Panther fans to meet, eat, drink and be merry, mingle with each other, buy all sorts of stuff, listen to the pep band, and even meet Troy Dannen (AD at UNI). So, essentially UNI (full of fans who are Hawkeye fans first, according to more than a few people on this board), can organize a pep rally that fills the room in Oklahoma City, but the ISU Alumni Association cannot even bother to try and do something similar in Louisville?

If somebody from the Alumni Association posts on here and can give me their side of the story or reasons on why this did not happen, I'll be more than happy to hear them out. But otherwise I'm going to continue to believe and think that this was just a breathtaking display of incompetence from the Alumni Association, and it was a damper on an otherwise very fun weekend.

Had somebody told me before Saturday that 1) we were going to beat Kentucky by 20 points, or 2) that there would be no organized pep rally for Cyclone fans to get together at, I would have chosen option #1 10 times out of 10.

Last edited by LindenCy; 03-19-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    "The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,775
    Given: 1,496

Re: Complete and total 'FAIL' from the ISU Alumni Association...

Sounds like a complete windmill.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Speechless
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,676
    Given: 169

I'm 90% confident this is why we lost.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 672
    Given: 7

If I had to guess, I'd say its probably because these things take some time to put together. The team found out 4 days before their game where they were going. They probably didn't have time to find an adequate venue, line up entertainment, etc. Bowl games are announced a month in advance, and thus it isn't hard to put together something. 4 days is stretching it.

CyBer

Eww a dual fan.

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,917
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 399

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    I'm 90% confident this is why we lost.
    The other 10% was becuase of the refs.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    The other 10% was becuase of the refs.
    9% refs, 1% because Railey wasn't a starter.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 6

Timeline between games most likely did not allow the AA to find a suitable place to rent.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 346

Sounds like we are way out of practice at tournaments since we cannot even win games in the B12 conference. Sounds like a wrestling snafu.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,775
    Given: 1,496

Another 20% was Cyclone Alley, because they are lame.
    The last 10% are the old people, because they're stuffing their face with NCAA Tournament popcorn. Losers.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say its probably because these things take some time to put together. The team found out 4 days before their game where they were going. They probably didn't have time to find an adequate venue, line up entertainment, etc. Bowl games are announced a month in advance, and thus it isn't hard to put together something. 4 days is stretching it.
    Less than 2 days if you figure Thursday to when they played Saturday. Saturday's game wasn't a certainty.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,566
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 112

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    UNI was in the exact same boat two years ago and yet was able to put something together that was well-organized and publicized. Sorry, but the "lack of time to prepare" excuse just doesn't work.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Another 20% was Cyclone Alley, because they are lame.
    The last 10% are the old people, because they're stuffing their face with NCAA Tournament popcorn. Losers.
    And not being crowdy enough.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    First off, this is going to be a griping/********/venting post, so if you have no interest in reading a complaint, probably best to stop now...

Anyway, as I've referenced before, I was with my dad in Louisville for the tournament last weekend. On Saturday we were both expecting to be able to go to an ISU pep/spirit rally, something put on by the university or by someone or some group associated with the university to bring all the Cyclone fans in Louisville together and get everybody fired up, especially with a match-up against Kentucky looming later that night.

Instead...we get nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. We ask other Cyclone fans if there is anything planned, and nobody has heard anything. I finally check the ISU athletic department website and don't see anything about a pep rally anywhere, so then I check the ISU Alumni Association website. Under events, it says no formal events are planned for Louisville, although the local Louisville chapter of alumi will be hosting a gamewatch party at a local pizza place a block or two away from the Yum Center at 5 pm. My dad and I had actually heard about the pizza place and checked it out for a bit on Thursday, but it wasn't too busy at the time and did seem intended for local ISU alumni. It was a nice-sized room for the restaurant, but not nearly big enough to hold more than a few dozen people, if that. Yesterday morning at the airport we ran into a fellow ISU fan flying back to the Twin Cities who informed us (when told of the story) that he had contacted the Alumni Association before coming down and was told that nothing would be formally planned unless the Cyclones made the Sweet 16.

So...let me get this straight; this is the first tournament the men's team had made in 7 years. ISU is playing the #1 team in the country, and the Alumni Association makes no effort whatsoever to organize a pep rally in the area for fans to get together and celebrate, buy Cyclone shirts, hats, etc. and get fired up for the game? You're only going to do this if and when we get to Atlanta, farther away from Ames than Louisville is?

Absolute, rank incompetence IMO. I compare it to my experience two years ago when I went to Oklahoma City to support UNI (yes, I'm a dual fan. For those of you who don't like that, get over it.), when both before the UNLV game and the Kansas game the UNI Alumni Association and/or the Panther Scholarship Club rented out the upstairs party room of a local restaurant a block or two from the Ford Center for Panther fans to meet, eat, drink and be merry, mingle with each other, buy all sorts of stuff, listen to the pep band, and even meet Troy Dannen (AD at UNI). So, essentially UNI (full of fans who are Hawkeye fans first, according to more than a few people on this board), can organize a pep rally that fills the room in Oklahoma City, but the ISU Alumni Association cannot even bother to try and do something similar in Louisville?

If somebody from the Alumni Association posts on here and can give me their side of the story or reasons on why this did not happen, I'll be more than happy to hear them out. But otherwise I'm going to continue to believe and think that this was just a breathtaking display of incompetence from the Alumni Association, and it was a damper on an otherwise very fun weekend.

Had somebody told me before Saturday that 1) we were going to beat Kentucky by 20 points, or 2) that there would be no organized pep rally for Cyclone fans to get together at, I would have chosen option #1 10 times out of 10.

wow..you are taking this hard.

EMAIL POLLARD!!!!!!

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 14

let me alumni congregate?