Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 14,514, Level: 36
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    480
    Points
    14,514
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 16

    Royce and flying

    I think Royce's issues with flying could have a significant impact on his draft stock this year? Am I just reaching for ways to convince myself that he will be back next year?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 47,035, Level: 67
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,665
    Points
    47,035
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 223

    Re: Royce and flying

    Quote Originally Posted by every_yard View Post
    I think Royce's issues with flying could have a significant impact on his draft stock this year? Am I just reaching for ways to convince myself that he will be back next year?

    I agree that it is an issue but a major one I don't know....maybe CW can ask Fred?



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,552, Level: 67
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,518
    Points
    47,552
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

    Re: Royce and flying

    May not hurt his stock but it is an issue he will have to overcome and deal with before deciding on the NBA. I hadn't thought about it but my mom said the same thing at the end of the game. If he can't fly how is he going to deal with it flying potentially 3-4 times a week.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 165,146, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    VikesFan28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,538
    Points
    165,146
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 66

    Re: Royce and flying

    I never thought of this. I'm not sure what my answer is either.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 15,483, Level: 37
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    732
    Points
    15,483
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

    Re: Royce and flying

    Not sure if it will have an effect on his draft stock but may be a bigger factor in him deciding whether to stay or go. If he thinks it's a huge deal then he may stay and get closer to competing his degree since the nightly flights NBA teams take could take a huge toll on him physically.

    Also, as stated in another thread this years draft is loaded due to everybody staying last year to avoid the lock out. I think he would benefit in many ways from staying one more year.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 97,254, Level: 97
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,796
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,964
    Points
    97,254
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 46

    Re: Royce and flying

    This and his free throw shooting will have an affect, that's for sure. Just not sure it will be enough to keep him around. He looked like an NBA player out there tonight.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 47,035, Level: 67
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,665
    Points
    47,035
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 223

    Re: Royce and flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    This and his free throw shooting will have an affect, that's for sure. Just not sure it will be enough to keep him around. He looked like an NBA player out there tonight.

    not being able to shoot free throws isn't a big deal. there are plenty of NBA players who can't make free throws and get PT



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 164,017, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,599
    Points
    164,017
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 422

    Re: Royce and flying

    Quote Originally Posted by clone4lyfe View Post
    Not sure if it will have an effect on his draft stock but may be a bigger factor in him deciding whether to stay or go. If he thinks it's a huge deal then he may stay and get closer to competing his degree since the nightly flights NBA teams take could take a huge toll on him physically.

    Also, as stated in another thread this years draft is loaded due to everybody staying last year to avoid the lock out. I think he would benefit in many ways from staying one more year.
    I'll start by saying, I think he will and should stay another year.

    But he has flew plenty of times with this team. Him being around teammates and friends calms him down. I'm sure the magnitude of the situation had some affect. He will be fine unless he is traded around all the time and can't get accoustomed to teammates.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 97,254, Level: 97
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,796
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,964
    Points
    97,254
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 46

    Re: Royce and flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    not being able to shoot free throws isn't a big deal. there are plenty of NBA players who can't make free throws and get PT
    Not really at his position of being a play maker though. There are a lot more fouls to give in the NBA. If you play hakaroyce, it negates his game quite a bit. Again, as I said in my post, I don't think it's enough to not put him in the NBA, he looked really good out there tonight. The full context of my post was that he looked ready.

    BTW, I love it when a Cyclone loss turns the whole fanbase against each other. No reason to call me out for making the same point you are making.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM