Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 4,174, Level: 18
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    173
    Points
    4,174
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6

    Cart Before Horse

    Priority #1 is clearly to find a way to win today. However, should the Cyclones be able to get by Kentucky, one could make an argument that we could have just as strong a chance as any other team left in the South Region to make it to the final 4. Our toughest challenge (of course only if we beat Kentucky) would be Baylor, who we have already proven we can beat.

    All other teams are either lower seeds except for Indiana (who is missing one of their best players who went out with an ACL in their conference tourney) and Baylor.

    I am not predicting a win versus Kentucky, but only stating the obvious that should we beat Kentucky, our Clones have the best shot since the Fizer/Tinsley era and perhaps the best shot of all time to go deep in the tourney.

    Please Royce, dominate the lion's den today!



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 33,628, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,674
    Points
    33,628
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by cuphues View Post
    Priority #1 is clearly to find a way to win today. However, should the Cyclones be able to get by Kentucky, one could make an argument that we could have just as strong a chance as any other team left in the South Region to make it to the final 4. Our toughest challenge (of course only if we beat Kentucky) would be Baylor, who we have already proven we can beat.

    All other teams are either lower seeds except for Indiana (who is missing one of their best players who went out with an ACL in their conference tourney) and Baylor.

    I am not predicting a win versus Kentucky, but only stating the obvious that should we beat Kentucky, our Clones have the best shot since the Fizer/Tinsley era and perhaps the best shot of all time to go deep in the tourney.

    Please Royce, dominate the lion's den today!
    There's a, um tradition in tournament play- not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I'm sure going to the <final four> is beyond your wildest dreams, so let's just keep it right there



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 717,740, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,672
    Points
    717,740
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 234

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    The South is a mess......1,3,4,8,10,11,12 and 15 left



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 34,061, Level: 56
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,696
    Points
    34,061
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Would we rather play VCU or Indiana IF we were to win tonight?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 41,349, Level: 62
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,159
    Points
    41,349
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 29

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    Would we rather play VCU or Indiana IF we were to win tonight?
    Indiana so we can continue to be the underdog. Plus, VCU scares me.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 19,956, Level: 43
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    1,715
    Points
    19,956
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by cuphues View Post
    Priority #1 is clearly to find a way to win today. However, should the Cyclones be able to get by Kentucky, one could make an argument that we could have just as strong a chance as any other team left in the South Region to make it to the final 4. Our toughest challenge (of course only if we beat Kentucky) would be Baylor, who we have already proven we can beat.

    All other teams are either lower seeds except for Indiana (who is missing one of their best players who went out with an ACL in their conference tourney) and Baylor.

    I am not predicting a win versus Kentucky, but only stating the obvious that should we beat Kentucky, our Clones have the best shot since the Fizer/Tinsley era and perhaps the best shot of all time to go deep in the tourney.

    Please Royce, dominate the lion's den today!
    i like our chances!



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,847, Level: 56
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,707
    Points
    33,847
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    The South is a mess......1,3,4,8,10,11,12 and 15 left

    It could be 1,3,4,10 after this weekend and 1 vs 3 to get to the Final Four and all will be right with the world. Let's hope 2012 is in fact the end of the world.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 92,014, Level: 94
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,136
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Points
    92,014
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 4

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    I refuse to even look at our bracket or give any thought to possibilities beyond tonight. We have a VERY TALL task ahead of us, and I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up until we prove that we can actually beat UK.

    That's hopefully what I'll be doing all this week



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 56,727, Level: 73
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jtdoyle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,089
    Points
    56,727
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 0

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    At this point seeds mean nothing. Everyone is on equal footing- win or go home.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 132,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,712
    Points
    132,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 19

    Re: Cart Before Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoCy View Post
    It could be 1,3,4,10 after this weekend and 1 vs 3 to get to the Final Four and all will be right with the world. Let's hope 2012 is in fact the end of the world.
    Alternatively, imagine this: VCU beats Indiana, which isn't a huge upset. Colorado knocks off Baylor, because you never know what you get with the Bears.

    If that happens and ISU was to beat Kentucky, the Cyclones would be the favorite to make the Final Four. 8 would be the best seed remaining in the South Region.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM