Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Calhoun, defending champs face uncertain future after surprisingly early exit from to

Several seconds were left on the clock and Connecticut still had one last possession.

Jim Calhoun had seen more than enough, however. Leaving his seat before the final buzzer, he walked to the scorer’s table to exchange a quick handshake with Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg and then was gone.

Maybe for good.

Connecticut became the first defending national champion to lose its opening game since UCLA in 1996, its 77-64 loss to Iowa State on Thursday night one last disappointment in a season filled with them.

“We’re talking about tonight’s game. We’re not talking about me,” Calhoun said curtly. “I’m going to get on the plane tomorrow, go home and do what I usually do and meet up with the team on Monday. My own personal thing, I don’t think it has any relevance, to be honest with you.”
    Oh, but it does.
    Calhoun is synonymous with UConn, the architect of three national titles with the Huskies and 855 career victories. But he turns 70 in May, and the back problems that forced him to take a one-month leave of absence were yet one more health crisis for the three-time cancer survivor. He has said he did not retire last year in large part because he wanted to see through NCAA sanctions that resulted from recruiting violations in his program.
    Calhoun had to sit out the first three games of the Big East season, and didn’t want another coach to serve that penalty. Now, the team faces a possible banishment from the 2013 NCAA tournament — and maybe longer — because of past academic problems.

Calhoun, defending champs face uncertain future after surprisingly early exit from tourney - The Washington Post

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 275
    Given: 139

Re: Calhoun, defending champs face uncertain future after surprisingly early exit fro

The reporter that asked him about that is low-class. Yes, people want to know about his future but that was not the time or place IMO.