Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 0

woodberry

Welcome to Woodberry- Baltimore’s best kept secret
    Posted on January 31, 2011 by admin
    Country living with city convenience! This great statement was true in the early and mid-1800’s when Woodberry and adjacent Hampden thrived as mill towns, and it remains true today. Woodberry comprises five neighborhoods: Woodberry/TV Hill, Park Hill, Greenspring Trails, Brick Hill and Clipper Mill. Homes dating from the 1880’s are listed on the National Historic Registry and stand harmoniously with newer townhomes and ultra-contemporary park homes.

Many of the Woodberry mills have been converted to studios, condos and apartments, while other buildings continue as commercial use. The Meadow Mill building, seen from I-83 houses an athletic club, a local theatre troop, a commercial baker and various commercial office spaces. The beautiful Shiloh Church, also seen from I-83, dates from 1850. The Woodberry Kitchen and adjacent artist studios are major destination points, with Druid Hill Park and the Jones Falls Bike Path offering recreational opportunities for local residents.

Woodberry remains a quiet community with easy access to I-83 and the Light Rail.
    http://aboutwoodberry.com/

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 592
    Given: 1,049

Re: woodberry

Woodberry is way overrated. Hampden doesn't have the size that Woodberry has, but is cleaner and has a better work ethic.